Rossiter reaction interview

He's a likeable lad.

Think I'm right in saying that he was England U-20 captain for a while and that he would have been eligible to play in the U-20 World Cup last year (which a good England side won), so he's obviously a talented player and born leader. Hope we get to see more evidence of it on a regular basis.

Really glad he came through the game unscathed.

He's not in our European squad so won't feature on Thursday but could well be involved next week at Hampden.

Thought he was brilliant today in that holding roll. Barely misplaced a pass all game though he had a quieter second half. His distribution is top notch - his pass completion must be one of the highest at the club. Would love to see what he can do further forward under SG though like the Hibs game.

Also of note was the fact he wasnt scared to go crunching into tackles.

it'll be christmas before he's anywhere near england u20 captain level again, please god he get's there, so let's be patient and enjoy the lad being back being the most scouse man in the world.

He wasn’t too clever at their goal. But apart from that had a pretty good game. Good to see him back.

Shocked to see him back on that type of surface. Shows Gerrard has no worries about him.. He was more than decent and honest as f*ck for a 21 yea old (yes remember this kid is still only 21), He is going to be a star for us...

On a side note, is he in our Europa League squad?

He cut out quite a few through balls today, kept possession, would have liked a few more forward passes.
Thought his positioning for their goal caught him out(side on), but good to see him back.
It’s got to be a positive from today if he has no reaction to the 80min.

I thought he did really well today, coming back after a lengthy lay-off and on such a dreadful pitch.
With one or two injuries to our midfielders he is a more then welcome returnee to the squad.

Glad to see him back and good for him to get the minutes.

Should have been taken off earlier though, 'challenge' for their goal was dreadful and could have cost us.

Love JR, there’s a star player in there and only bad luck has set him back

Watched him as a youth on LFC TV and for England at various age levels and the boy’s a player

Strolled through the first half, must’ve had a high pass completion rate. Obviously needs games but for his second start in 2 years - great progress.

Didn't think he played particularly well. Went through the motions but in the bigger picture great 90 minutes to get under his belt.

He half hearted attempt at tackle was pitiful to be honest and it nearly cost us dearly.

Still it’s good to see him back in the side.

Last edited:
Shocked to see him back on that type of surface. Shows Gerrard has no worries about him.. He was more than decent and honest as f*ck for a 21 yea old (yes remember this kid is still only 21), He is going to be a star for us...

No, he's not.

Nobody could wipe the smile of that face.
Chuffed for the lad after everything he’s been through.

And... absolutely love his top tucked into his big shorts :D

Really glad he came through the game unscathed.

He's not in our European squad so won't feature on Thursday but could well be involved next week at Hampden.
That gives him time to recover, if he stays fit, it could be possibly 3 months to get up to speed.
Thats like a good pre season then a month of playing.

He was our best player today. Always looking for the ball. Always closing them down. He tired after HT which is expected. Let’s see him eased in over the next 5 or so games

No, him and Dorrans got taken out of it.

Great to see him complete 90 minutes. On aside note, he’s only started 2 games in 2 years so if he makes the odd mistake it’s fully understandable but I thought he hardly put a foot wrong today (the lead up to their goal aside).

"As I say" :D

Love listening to him.
Regional British accents are a language unto their own. When I worked in London many EU employees thought I spoke "Irish" Many asked me if I was speaking "English" and to slow down. My fault, but I did not stop speaking in my Glaswegian Accent. I just told them to listen faster. It worked.

6 times lol

He sounds like that impersonator guy when he's "doing" Gerrard :D

Good to see him back today. 90 minutes on a shit pitch against some hammer throwers. Plenty more to come from him if we can keep him fit.
He was subbed.

No he wasn’t slowed the game down every time he was in possession, glad he is back but he was poor today.

That’s ridiculous.

He was constantly making himself available to receive a pass, put in some decent challenges, intercepted quite a few through balls, got his head on a few incoming balls, trying to take quick thrown ins, had the awareness to take Morelos away from a crowd of Hamilton players trying to wind him up....loads of positives, just all round looks comfy on the ball and can play a pass.

Far from poor.....did you really watch the match?

He cut out quite a few through balls today, kept possession, would have liked a few more forward passes.
Thought his positioning for their goal caught him out(side on), but good to see him back.
It’s got to be a positive from today if he has no reaction to the 80min.

Agree with this. Overall he did ok. Some good interceptions & tackles as well as some neat passes.

Didn't look clever at the goal at all by putting in a very lazy attempt to tackle. Perhaps a bit of tiredness had gotten the better of him by that point

Back