Rossiter reaction interview

Would love to see him getting a good run. He had a good performance today despite being missing from the the first team for so long.

A good player and one I'd love to have as an option. I do have the fear that he'll not be able to stay fit long enough to make an impact but I really hope he does.

Thought he was brilliant today in that holding roll. Barely misplaced a pass all game though he had a quieter second half. His distribution is top notch - his pass completion must be one of the highest at the club. Would love to see what he can do further forward under SG though like the Hibs game.

Also of note was the fact he wasnt scared to go crunching into tackles.
Cost us the goal turning his back.

very strange decision to bring him back on that surface

he should be playing a run of games in the reserves to get match fitness back

I rate him highly and think he'll be a player but his attempt at a tackle at their goal today was pathetic.

Reminded me of Sean Goss.

I think part of that was tiredness as the game wore on though.

I rate him highly and think he'll be a player but his attempt at a tackle at their goal today was pathetic.

Reminded me of Sean Goss.

I think part of that was tiredness as the game wore on though.

He mentions their goal in the video and apologises for his part in it saying that he still has a way to go before he is at full fitness.

Great to see Rossiter back in action.

He could play a big part for us this season, once he gets his match fitness back and can stay clear of injury

The challenge he made in 2nd half 2 push 2 of his own players our players to win the ball will live with me forever he has the will to win

Considering all that he has been through young Rossiter has shown that he is determined to succeed. Perhaps, understandably, some had written him off. While it is bound to take him a bit longer to get fully up to speed, he is a brave young fellow, who is not without ability. Certain that over the course of a busy season, he will prove to be a definite asset to our squad.

6 times lol

He sounds like that impersonator guy when he's "doing" Gerrard :D

Good to see him back today. 90 minutes on a shit pitch against some hammer throwers. Plenty more to come from him if we can keep him fit.

try and count the number of times he said ‘obviously’!

Cracking player though

I hope the wee man gets a few games under his belt,think that's what we all want to see. The good thing is that's the last of the fake pitches out the road and I think we should see us stepping up in the other away games.

Agree with this. Overall he did ok. Some good interceptions & tackles as well as some neat passes.

Didn't look clever at the goal at all by putting in a very lazy attempt to tackle. Perhaps a bit of tiredness had gotten the better of him by that point
Tom Miller was saying Rossiter looked tired before the goal. Not really surprising considering his long lay off. It didn't cost us and he's got a game under his belt so it's all good.

Glad to see he's back.

He sounded delighted to be out there but disappointed with his performance. He wasn't great

Pluses
kept the ball very well
broke up play excellently

Negatives
Didn't positive with the ball and tentative playing forward
wasn't driving forward
their goal

just concentrating on the negatives. I have no idea if he was told just to keep it simple and ticking over, maybe just to sit deep and do exactly what he did well.

he was tired for their goal. didn't get close enough unfortunately.

He half hearted attempt at tackle was pitiful to be honest and it nearly cost us dearly.

Still it’s good to see him back in the side.
I thought the same but he was likely out of gas. It's a hard act to play the full game coming back like that. Should have been off by that point but maybe SG wanted to see if he could last the 90 ?

Latest posts

Back