Rossiter

WalterSmith72

The usual weekly Rossiter thread, but with Jack and Pena missing is there any hope of him being fit to fill in ?? anyone got info ? or is that a total pipe dream now

Disappointing the luck this lad has had with injuries. Don't think he'll ever be a regular first team player.

No idea how long the lad is out for this time.

I think he's only made 4 starting appearances so far, which does not auger well.

Holt in for Jack, Nemane in for Pena and push Windass into the role behind Morelos or do we finally see Morelos and Herrera?

I don't think we'll see much of Rossiter this month anyway.

If he is injury free and back fit then I would put him straight in against St Johnstone but that's wishful thinking. I just cant see him getting a run of games due to injuries.

Heard that knee injury update but nothing was confirmed from club yet so wasn't sure. Agrees Nemane has a great chance to shine here he looked good in the Brentford highlights, quick direct

Holt will play and hopefully Windass will move inside with Nemane getting a start.

Could possibly bring Barjonas into the fold aswell.

Disappointing the luck this lad has had with injuries. Don't think he'll ever be a regular first team player.

I've posted on the old board before about this lad. My Older brother and Nephew are SB holders at Anfield the both stated at the time we signed him that "we'd got a real prospect if he avoided injuries " They said he'd been plaguedoing by them throughout his time at Liverpool.
Sadly,it seems that he is going to be continually on the treatment table for The Rangers too.

Holt will play and hopefully Windass will move inside with Nemane getting a start.

Could possibly bring Barjonas into the fold aswell.
Yup would much rather Barjonas in there than Windass, Windass and John look to have formed a decent partnership

I'd imagine it'll be Holt involved. Pains me to say it, but I just don't see Rossiter ever being able to maintain any type of fitness.

If we can we have to offload Rossiter. Its one thing after another. We have been very patient but enough is enough.

I would have let him go at the End of the season as some players do not have the Genetic makeup to play football and pick up lots of injuries that kill their Career.
Rossiter seems to be one of them unlucky for the lad.

Pena is no loss. Happy to see Holt and Nemane get a start.
Holt and Nemane have performed in their respective games for first and development team,I'd be delighted to see both come in and get a chance as a reward for doing so.I doubt whether Pedro would play two up top in a tough away game so Herrera or Morelos alone would be my bet.

High time Barjonas got another go...although you'd imagine Holt would be higher up the pecking order, but too often he doesn't play as well when starting but has been good the last few sub appearances.

Would like to see young Nemane get a start as Windass has been poor for large chunks of matches. Maybe if Wallace is fit we might just see John ahead of him in left-midfield. Whatever the score there are plenty options to not be too worried this season.

It's a real shame, just don't see it working with Rossiter! Was excited with the signing, thought he'd come in, hopefully injury problems behind him, sell for a profit in a few years. Terribly unlucky with injurys, probably part of the reason we signed him

Peña isn't out.

Forget about Rossiter, it ain't happening for the lad. Wait til this latest injury clears up then come to some arrangement in January.

If we can we have to offload Rossiter. Its one thing after another. We have been very patient but enough is enough.
Defo the way to go.
Buy a player.
Treat him for 2 years.
Clear at least one of his injuries.
Make progress on the other.
Then before he is fit give him away at a big loss.

It's a real shame, just don't see it working with Rossiter! Was excited with the signing, thought he'd come in, hopefully injury problems behind him, sell for a profit in a few years. Terribly unlucky with injurys, probably part of the reason we signed him

I thought at the time that we signed him that Liverpool wouldn't have let him go so easily as they did considering his talent, unless there was an element of doubt about his fitness to play at the top level. I also thought that with his talent that it was worth a gamble and who knows, it could yet pay off as he is still relatively young. I hope both for Rangers and the lad that it does work out for him.

W.A.T.P.

If he can't get over his injury problems we need to start thinking elsewhere imo, it's sad but true. We're paying probably a decent wage to a guy who has been injured for what feels like 95% of his time here.

Really want to see him in midfield with Jack with Dorrans given a more free role as well.

Back