Rossiter

Holt in for Jack and Barjonas in for Pena whether he is suspended or not. I'd also have Nemane instead of Windass. I'd almost go as far as say I'd give Dalcio a run before Windass.

I didn't say he was but the OP said he wasn't available which was what I was questioning. As it stands, he's available for selection.
As it stands yes but I think theres a good chance he will get at least a game after the media witch hunt

In the great scheme of things, Rossiter is still only a boy. He has plenty of time to get well and produce for us. I hope that Rangers sit down with him and his representatives soon and sort things out with him as I still think he has the potential to be great. We are always in a hurry to get rid of players whom we ,either don't like or who pick up injuries. I would prefer to keep him at a reduced salary until the Doctors are satisfied that he has a future in the game when we can then go to him with a better offer.

I so much want Rossiter to succeed with us. We knew what we were getting when he signed - a young player with a lot of talent but plagued by injuries. Hopefully in the not so distant future as he grows physically stronger his susceptibility to injury will diminish and we'll have a good player on our hands.

Holt looked okay when he came on against Hamilton so hopefully he'll slot in and be looking to make his mark.

Would like to see Nemane start to see what he can do - team seems to lack that type of quick, direct player that could hurt teams.

It's a shame about Rossiter but he is looking like the type of player with great talent but never gets to reach it due to injuries.

Call me impatience but it's a joke that Rossiter is out injured again i'm starting to get fed up with the lad he's costing us a decent wage by never playing.

It's just never going to happen for the lad. Would love to see him get a good run of games but don't think we'll see it.

I'd like to see Barjonas getting a chance. It's a shame for Rossiter, hard to see when he'll really get up and going with his career. Every time he starts to regain some fitness he breaks down again.

You just know this will end in us getting rid, then Rossiter will play every week for his new team.
A bit like an English midfield version of Andy Webster at Dundee Utd when we lost patience with him.

There was a poster on here last Thurs/Fri who had started a similar thread, he seemingly then recieved an update on his injury. Jordan was fit and over the recent knee injury but that he hadn't been picked to feature in the match day squad (Hamilton).

There was a poster on here last Thurs/Fri who had started a similar thread, he seemingly then recieved an update on his injury. Jordan was fit and over the recent knee injury but that he hadn't been picked to feature in the match day squad (Hamilton).
Hopefully not being rushed back, which makes sense.

We got what we paid for with Rossiter. He might have shown real potential at Liverpool but he’s been put for so long he’s not had an opportunity to develop.

He probably won’t develop whilst at our club. Might get fit at some point in the future, but I’d expect him to have returned down south by then. A gamble that failed, and yes I’m writing him off.

Holt and Nemane....back to midgets in midfield. Not for me.

Barjonas in for jack and keep the rest as was.

I've posted on the old board before about this lad. My Older brother and Nephew are SB holders at Anfield the both stated at the time we signed him that "we'd got a real prospect if he avoided injuries " They said he'd been plaguedoing by them throughout his time at Liverpool.
Sadly,it seems that he is going to be continually on the treatment table for The Rangers too.

This link provides a picture of Liverpool's expectations of how far he could go but the injuries he continually picked up before and leading up to his move to us clearly changed those expectations. It seems we could have a potentially wonderful player but if he can never play then the saddest outcome will be for this talented young man. Fingers and toes crossed he can get strong and fit to realise his undoubted talents.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...erpool-fc-comment-rossiter-departure-11300320

I do feel really sorry for Rossiter - he just doesn't appear to be able to stay fit at all. Injury after injury it seems and not for the first time in his career. A very highly thought of player.

This lad by now surely must have earned a disabled sticker for his motor
%^*& me he’s like a faberge egg,worth potentially a lot of money, but really easy to break.
We should just wrap him head to toe in bubble wrap the minute he finishes a game,IF he ever fucking makes a game that is.

I don't think there's any doubt that Rossiter is a player with an abundance of talent, but sadly for him and us he seems to be one of these players who will be plagued by injury for the foreseeable. Absolute shame for him.

“Maybe next week, Jordan can start training with the team. Niko and Danny started the previous week and will be with us again this week."

Update from Pedro on Rossiter

Call me impatience but it's a joke that Rossiter is out injured again i'm starting to get fed up with the lad he's costing us a decent wage by never playing.

you are more than impatient, its an injury you sound like you want to blame someone?

With Rossiter's amount of sick leave I'd be on a Stage 3 Final Warning at work.

Looks a real player too, but I suppose with his pedigree we should have been wary as to why Liverpool were letting him go in the first place.

Maybe I am mistaken, but Rossiter was out with a rather difficult hip/lower spine (?) stuff last season. This season it is some knee injury ... and we know how tricky those can be. He's still rather you and hugely talented, so every chance to succeed.

Pena won't be suspended as the CO did not cited him to his table, much to the annoyance of some Scottish nhewspapers.

I actually thought Dorrans played better when Jack was off, as both together seem to occupy the same spaces too often or don't not exactly know what to do. I wouldn't mind Holt doing the donkey work in midfield, as he can cover lots of ground. But it does depend on how our defence will look and how St. Johnstone are set up. I would assume they will try to stop us play and rely on counter attacks (and I hope Tav is up for that). So to keep them occupied in their half, we could just as well keep Pena in a more deeper role and have Miller further up field. Having said that, I'd love to see a two-striker formation with Herrera and Morelos.

Its not really his fault is it ? i am sure he doesnt want to be injured.

He's a waste of a wage and should be released. He's never going to have a proper career anywhere as a footballer.
You can't just release someone, if we realese him we would need to pay out his contract. Thats how to waste a wage.

So we continue paying the wage of someone who gets injured for literally no reason?
So pay out his full contract to allow a player to leave, rather than give him a chance to get fit and maybe feature a bit and contribute something?
You need to honour contracts with players, nobody will sign for us if the club turn their back on injured players.
Surely you can see there is no point paying out his full contract to get him off the wages, its wasting money.

So pay out his full contract to allow a player to leave, rather than give him a chance to get fit and maybe feature a bit and contribute something?
You need to honour contracts with players, nobody will sign for us if the club turn their back on injured players.
Surely you can see there is no point paying out his full contract to get him off the wages, its wasting money.

I realise jumping straight to release him was in the extreme but I really don't see us benefiting from him being here.

I realise jumping straight to release him was in the extreme but I really don't see us benefiting from him being here.
Maybe not, but we need to support the player.
Maybe he can get fit and contribute, or can get fit and earn a move else where.

With Rossiter's amount of sick leave I'd be on a Stage 3 Final Warning at work.

Looks a real player too, but I suppose with his pedigree we should have been wary as to why Liverpool were letting him go in the first place.

Liverpool offered him a contract didn't they?

Sounds like a good idea. Lets rip up the contract of a massively talented 20 year old because hes had a knock on effect from a hip injury because players that get injured young never make it in the game.

You should be employed at the club you're a footballing genius.

Pedro has stated in an interview today/yesterday that Rossiter should be back in first team training next week.

Back