Rossiter

I like the lad and he does have talent, i couldn't question his attitude either.

But on the last year of his current deal does he get another one? I am not so sure when you see the return we have had for the outlay.

I would make it real easy for him to leave, make sure whoever buys him gets a good deal. But i would want a sell on clause and a first refusal type deal so if he does flourish we can re coup some of our investment or take him back.

Think that would be fair for all parties.

No we've got Arfield,Davis,McCrorie all ahead of him and Docherty returning as well as keeping Halliday.

Don't disagree with the statement above, but thought it was quite telling when Gerrard (when asked what Aribo will bring to the squad) said that we have no left footed midfielders. It may just have slipped his mind that Halliday is left footed, or that he views him as a left back, rather than as a midfielder.

Don't disagree with the statement above, but thought it was quite telling when Gerrard (when asked what Aribo will bring to the squad) said that we have no left footed midfielders. It may just have slipped his mind that Halliday is left footed, or that he views him as a left back, rather than as a midfielder.
I take that as the manager meaning first picks.

We will regret this , there is interest in him for a reason .
Yeh but he needs to make a decision on whether he signs an extension with us or we want to risk an extension.

We can’t lose him for nothing given how much he has cost us not just in wages but in medical physio costs too!

If he wants to stay and we want him then I’m sure we will get a deal done. If not it’s time to sell to the highest bidder!

I don’t get the undying support for a player who has done absolutely nothing in a Rangers shirt. Others get hounded after two games.
No harm to the guy but he needs to shit or get off the pot. He has been utterly underwhelming

We genuinely wouldn't miss Rossiter if he left tomorrow.

He's not showed any of the form the likes of Davis, McCrorie, Kamara or Jack have so I don't know where the he would instantly be the best midfielder at the club come from?

16 appearances in all competitions for Rangers since 2016 is woeful.

I don’t get the undying support for a player who has done absolutely nothing in a Rangers shirt. Others get hounded after two games.
No harm to the guy but he needs to shit or get off the pot. He has been utterly underwhelming

The answer is - quite literally - because he came from Liverpool, and that’s a bit sexier.

If we had signed someone of the exact same ability and potential from Kilmarnock, he’d get nowhere near the level of blind support he gets on here.

The answer is - quite literally - because he came from Liverpool, and that’s a bit sexier.

If we had signed someone of the exact same ability and potential from Kilmarnock, he’d get nowhere near the level of blind support he gets on here.

Carlos Penà done more in a Rangers jersey and gets absolutely slated.

I think it would be very silly to let him go now he has finally proved his fitness and went away on loan and done great , several motm performances

I think it would be very silly to let him go now he has finally proved his fitness and went away on loan and done great , several motm performances

And he’s still nowhere near the starting eleven.

Tells me everything. Feel for the lad, but his development will taken a massive hit over the past few years.

Just can't see if happening for Jordan at Rangers. We have too many options in centre mid who are currently ahead of him. Not sure how much we would get for him so maybe worth keeping him for another season and see how it goes.

He'll move on and probably go on to win 50 caps for England!! :eek:

He's not showed any of the form the likes of Davis, McCrorie, Kamara or Jack have so I don't know where the he would instantly be the best midfielder at the club come from?

Agree with this.

I was always in the mind that he would turn out to be a great player and deserved a chance, he’s had 2 seasons to get fit and we just ain’t seen it.

Time to cut our losses with the lad and get a fee for him.

If he does go I’d wish him nothing but good luck

Injuries have curtailed him which is a shame, but overall I agree with your post. It can be frustrating the "he's going to be........" type posts based on nothing much. It's as if some fans want to have an injury ravaged player on the books for X amount of years, just in case.

Are we just going to have they 3 midfielders then and punt the rest?
Rossiter will provide competition and back up.

I'm not against the boy but knowing the issues he's had and being in his last year of his contract, we're best to get a fee for him now when we've already got
Davis, Arfield, Docherty, Halliday, Polster, McCrorie and one or two youths to add to the Jack, Aribo and Kamara trio mentioned which you replied to.

Hope both parties can come to an agreement get contract extended , think we have invested to much in boy , to let him go now .

We will regret this , there is interest in him for a reason .

Without a doubt there is a good Player in there but he’s not a kid anymore, he’s not going to get much football over other Midfielders at the Club, therefore he is a large wage and a risk to keep. We simply haven’t had value for money, no fault of the Lads we are just not in a position to take punts anymore Stevie needs wages available to him for Players can contribute more with less risk.

As much as I'd like to see him succeed, it is probably sensible to take a fee and move on for financial reasons.

He has missed a few years at an important part of his career so has kind of been left behind by other well thought of youngsters at the same age.

By all accounts, he seemed to do well although not setting the heather alight at Bury. It is worth remembering just how bad League 2 is in terms of quality.

He might now kick on but I'm just not sure he is physically imposing enough or has the passing/vision to make up for that to justify a place in our midfield

Rossiter fit is one of the best midfielders in the squad.

The guy has had his issues but I’m sure Gerrard was singing his praises last year before injury struck again. The loan spell will have done him wonders

i dont see how anyone can say this, how would any rangers fan know how good he is nevermind saying he's 'one of the best' in our squad?

It’s a hard one to judge, not sure how long he has left on his contract, if he could get past the injuries his resale value would be excellent given age and nationality.

Rossiters loan period has been good for the player and the club. A decent fee with a sell on clause would be the best option for all concerned, maybe even with a buy back option.

If there was ever a player I wanted to make it it was him. Likable lad and had brilliant potential and attitude. He will move on and make the most of his time left in professional football.

I'm sure there will be numerous threads keeping us up to date on here in the future with anything he does

Nect season we will have Davis, Jack, Kamara, Aribo, McCrorie, Docherty, Halliday and Arfield all capable of playing the 3 midfield positions.

No need for Rossiter.

Until Halliday is needed at left back, Arfield or Aribo in the front 3, McRorie is out on loan, Kamara is out of form and we get a couple injuries and a suspension.

I wouldn't be fussed if he left as he can't be relied on so far but if he stays he is potentially as good as any one of those players.

One of my major gripes is folk getting sentimental over Players who haven’t done enough to warrant what they have been paid. I like Jordan his attitude and when fit how he plays but it’s time for tough decisions and the money to be recycled on someone who can add week in week out.

i dont see how anyone can say this, how would any rangers fan know how good he is nevermind saying he's 'one of the best' in our squad?

Would you say Gerrard knows about players than you or I? Then read his quotes last season on rossiter

One of my major gripes is folk getting sentimental over Players who haven’t done enough to warrant what they have been paid. I like Jordan his attitude and when fit how he plays but it’s time for tough decisions and the money to be recycled on someone who can add week in week out.
You

Agree BB.

Nect season we will have Davis, Jack, Kamara, Aribo, McCrorie, Docherty, Halliday and Arfield all capable of playing the 3 midfield positions.

No need for Rossiter.
There is if he is better than McCrorie/Docherty/Halliday !

Nothing on this thread we haven't all read 100 times before, same faces, same stock phrases

zzzzz

He’s been a dreadful signing and we wish him well as he moves on and frees up a pretty decent wage . A fee would be nice considering we’ve paid him for three seasons for zero return but that’s by the by .

The main relief here is no more posters saying “ when’s Rossiter fit “ and “ Rossiter walks into the team if fit “ :rolleyes:. Thank Fck that’s going to end .

Back