Roy Keane masterplan to solve Manchester United's striking problems

PrivateAye72

Fascinating insight from the "pundit Roy Keane" got to be up there with "they need to put the ball in the net to score" or "The best way to win at football is scoring goals and not letting the opponent score goals."

I do appreciate his attitude though, it's very similar to a 11/12 year old PrivateAye playing the old Fifa games when with enough jiggery pokery and no one on the bench you could end up with Zidane, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Cafu, Carlos and Figo all at Rangers.

Also For Harry Kane, that's not a good career move (unless Poch goes to Man U and they have an utter clear out) Spurs are out preforming Man U and have done consistently for a good few seasons now. Man U under new management vs Spurs under new management is a toss up. Also every talisman player signed after SAF for Man U has become a worse player and has needed to go rejuvenate their career elsewhere. De Gea as well has regressed. Bailly, Pogba, Lukaku, Sanchez, Fred, Linderlof etc etc have all either stalled or regressed since signing. Kane would be insane to go there. He'll more than likely follow Poch.

Man U's problems are more than just their CF, the rot starts at the top and goes right the way through the club... long may it continue.

Mustang mad

Keane is a prick. And he comes across as a twat in this job. But this point is spot on.
If Man U want to be back at the top table they need the best players
Can I ask how you think he comes across as a twat in his job?
Any time I see him, he explains it the way i am thinking, or just straight out tells it how it is- and not just to be difficult or controversial.
I like that in a pundit.
other than that he may well be a prick - never met him so cannot say either way

Polar bear

He also clearly on occasion wants it to be funny and has a decent idea it will be funny.

His poker faced booting of Barkley was funny and he clearly had a decent idea it was before saying it

Things can be both funny, and have a bit of truth in them
Many a true word spoken in jest.;)

Blue Steel

The path from Spurs to Utd is a well worn one as we’ve seen in the past with the likes of Sheringham, Carrick and Berbatov, in those days though it was a definite step up, would Kane go there now though?
That’s a good point mate , it isn’t a step up
team wise anymore , Kane is a Spurs boy so I don’t think would sully his reputation , for a sideways move .

wc06

I like Roy Keane, save for the spell he was with the mhanks. He’s right of course, they should get Kane. Considering the money squandared on dross in various positions, they should try for it.

stonewall Jackson

Man utd require more than Kane to solve thier problems which have blighted all managers, two of which have been world class, since SAF chucked it.

Arminius

Official Ticketer
He’s right though.

If Man Utd ever want to hit the pinnacle again, they need to be hoovering up the best talent

SuffolkGer

Man U are a buying club.
Spurs are a selling club.

Spurs may be better than them currently but that fact is yet to change, just look at the recent outlays, they'll always be a club that buys cheap hoping to sell big. Spurs had such a golden opportunity in the last 5 years to become a top club but they bottled it and will probably always be a selling club because of it.

They finished 3rd in a 2 horse race with Leicester and are the only club to not make a transfer in the summer window. This was during their most successful patch in the domestic league for ages.

He is right they should, and can, pretty easily just go and get him.

GovanFront4

Man U are a buying club.
Spurs are a selling club.

Spurs may be better than them currently but that fact is yet to change, just look at the recent outlays, they'll always be a club that buys cheap hoping to sell big. Spurs had such a golden opportunity in the last 5 years to become a top club but they bottled it and will probably always be a selling club because of it.

They finished 3rd in a 2 horse race with Leicester and are the only club to not make a transfer in the summer window. This was during their most successful patch in the domestic league for ages.

He is right they should, and can, pretty easily just go and get him.
Spot on. Spurs had there chance to win the league the season Leicester won it. Since then they have never looked like winning it. The last few years for them has been a flash in the pan. They are like a Monaco or a Porto. Always going through phases of some success and great players coming through but in the end will sell all their top players and go back to the level they came from, which in Spurs case is 4th/5th at best. Man United will win the league before Spurs do IMO.

Thebuffs90

Raging at players cuddling etc before kick off lol

When I was a manager, albeit semi pro, I told my boy’s to ignore the opposition even if it was brothers, cousins ect, you need them to win at all costs and I think that is where the bold Roy is coming from.
I for one don’t see any problem there

TibbsyBear

The path from Spurs to Utd is a well worn one as we’ve seen in the past with the likes of Sheringham, Carrick and Berbatov, in those days though it was a definite step up, would Kane go there now though?
Spurs to Man Utd will always be a step up.

Harry Kane’s opportunity for major success at Spurs came and past this Summer.