Roy Keane v Redknapp

30011925124f54da3a99c52b8db63ad3.jpg

Keane gets alot of praise on here and by others I know, understandable being the good player he was. However when the prick start mouthing off about managers and their failures I just switch off. C*** doesn't have the right to criticize any managers or their tactics.

Guy could have retired a legend. Went to them made a prick of himself and continued that trend to management.

Keane comes across as a guy who hates football these days. I don't think I've ever heard him praise a team for performance or how good a game was.

Just aye moaning.

Keanes a bit of a troll in punditry just like Sutton.

I think that's very unfair. Sutton says nonsense that he knows will get people annoyed even if he doesn't actually think it himself. He also cannot hide his bias and hatred of us.

Keane has incredibly high standards and thinks pretty much everyone is rubbish but he does, at least, seem to be genuine in his criticisms.

Keane also has experience at the very highest level of football and uses that experience to inform his punditry. Sutton is.....Sutton.

I think that's very unfair. Sutton says nonsense that he knows will get people annoyed even if he doesn't actually think it himself. He also cannot hide his bias and hatred of us.

Keane has incredibly high standards and thinks pretty much everyone is rubbish but he does, at least, seem to be genuine in his criticisms.

Keane also has experience at the very highest level of football and uses that experience to inform his punditry. Sutton is.....Sutton.
I see very little between them other than Keane while at Utd was an excellent footballer as a commentator I think he's no different to Sutton it's all reactionary nonsense for the bite.

I loved the story about Keane when he was Sunderland manager and was trying to sign Robbie Savage. He rang Savage's mobile number and Savage answered the phone by saying "wassup" and Keane promptly hung the phone up apparently not impressed and the deal was dead in the water.

Last edited:
Roy Keane is a fud but he's got high standards and I like that about him. He's right in what he says about internationals too, when you look at some of the players who have caps for their teams when they're lucky to be professionals at all.
I have always said it, if itwasn’t for the need of 11 players most of these guys would be unemployed.

I loved the story about Keane when was Sunderland manager and was trying to sign Robbie Savage. He rang Savage's mobile number and Savage answered the phone by saying "wassup" and Keane promptly hung the phone up apparently not impressed and the deal was dead in the water.
Also the one Crouch tells when he thinks he’s billy big baws driving some OTT expensive car and pulls up alongside Keane at the traffic lights. And the look of disgust on Keane’s face was enough for Crouch to ditch the flash car the next day. :D

I usually quite like Keane although sometimes he just tries too hard to be controversial.

As if being released by Real Madrid somehow means you're not a good player fs.

Keane is spot on

Take Kane and Son out the tottenham side they are full of bang average players

Redknapp claiming because they play for their countries it means theyre top quality players is beyond laughable

I can guarantee Souness will be siding with Keane on that one

Love the way Souness just sits back and lets the two idiots argue.

Its about the only Pundit I've never seen Keane have an argument with, Probably because Keane knows Souness wouldn't put up with his pish and Keane seems to argue with ex players who didn't win as much as him which rules Souness out

Fantastic analysis eh?

"If you can trap a ball you'll play for your country these days".

Deary me.

It's a bit of a da comment but there's still an element of truth to it. Tbh, I think he knew Redknapp was on the ropes and then steamed in.

The Dyer thing is a good example. He is utterly average yet coasts it for England and Spurs on the basis he looked promising about 4 years back and can ping a switch. He's nowhere near the level for a team who wants to win things.

Redknapp comes across as someone who doesn’t want to offend anyone. He really is a weak link in the Sky punditry stable.
He needs punted and someone with a bit of backbone brought in.

That will be Keane of punditry duties for a while , Rednapps Skys pet says absolutely nothing to upset anyone or great tactical insight everyone’s mate aka Jim white

It's a bit of a da comment but there's still an element of truth to it. Tbh, I think he knew Redknapp was on the ropes and then steamed in.

The Dyer thing is a good example. He is utterly average yet coasts it for England and Spurs on the basis he looked promising about 4 years back and can ping a switch. He's nowhere near the level for a team who wants to win things.

I dont think anybody was trying to kid on Dier was a player though. Dier won't be near the England starting 11 for The Euros either.

He just tries to be controversial all the time. It's funny but gets tiresome as well.

Didn’t like Redknapp as player not good enough for Liverpool thinks he was better than he was same for Punditry, Roy Keane beats him on both accounts .
I thought Redknapp was an excellent player, his body failed him. The Euro 96 game summed up his career, came on at half time and changed the game.....then got injured

Nah, not jumping on the Roy Keane bandwagon.

He's an attention seeking prick, most of what he says doesn't even make any sense and when he hits out with something and is challenged on it he's made to look like a total tit.

He's only on these shows because he's controversial.

Roy Keane has potential to top notch entertainment as Celtic manager. If he went behind by few points I reckon the wheels would come off quite spectacularly. Which would be extremely pleasing because he's a deeply unpleasant individual, and he really hates Rangers.
On the flip side, if he was a success, that would be horrid.
Rednapp is harmless but dull as a pundit. Not Steve McManaman dull. But dull none-the-less.

No wonder Redknapp got annoyed Keane kept shouting over him. Any point he made Keane had a sh*te answer to shout back.

Sometimes he’s funny when he winds folk up but found that annoying today.

Also Keane offers no tactical insight whatsoever, just slaughters boys. Probably why he’s never been a successful manager.

2 gobby clowns who've achieved the square root of fk all in football management trying to educate one another........

Couple of twats.

Redknapp comes across as someone who doesn’t want to offend anyone. He really is a weak link in the Sky punditry stable.
He needs punted and someone with a bit of backbone brought in.
I think Redknapp only got the job at Sky because of his old man; the fact he was one of the embarrassing LFC "Spice Boys"; and, being married to some nondescript pop singer. He certainly didn't get it through his vastly overrated footballing abilities. Keane's punditry almost exclusively revolves around lambasting players' effort. He shows little or no tactical acumen and just likes the sound of his own voice. Today's encounter could go back to the '96 FA Cup Final - I vaguely remember a bit of lip between the pair?

To summarise.

Jamie Redknapp basically said:

Tottenham must be a good team as they have loads of internationals.

The keeper isn't the best.

The keeper has a World cup winners medal.

Keane as a player expected ridiculously high standards. It seems he still has.

What have Tottenham won in the last 20 years? Even a dire Man Utd team has won more. As has a dire Arsenal team.

Last edited:
He was a bit, but I did find it funny because he clearly knows how to push Redknapps buttons and just wanted to annoy the piss out him. Mission accomplished I’d say.

His point about being an international holds some validity though, just representing your country doesn’t make you a top player.
I like Keane on sky sports punditry but thought he was being a bit of an arse with this. I take his point that just because you're an international, doesn't mean you're automatically a good player. However, Redknapp was talking about regular starters for high ranked teams like Colombia with Davison Sanchez, Alderweireld for Belgium and Reguillon for Spain and they are good players. Granted Sanchez is still developing. To say no Tottenham players get in the Liverpool/City team is not true either. Son, Kane, Alderweireld, Reguillon could get in one or if not, both they teams.

Back