Votes: 16 1.4%
  • Kent

Votes: 188 16.5%
  • Jack

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Hagi

Votes: 2 0.2%

• Total voters
I reckon our expectations have been raised due to the progress we have made in Europa League and the season we are having. Before a ball was kicked most would accept singe goal victory away from home. Unlike the St Mirren result and the draws we have had we found away to win even when we shipped 3 goals. We are usually more solid and streetwise than we were here. If you can have a dip and still win and score heavily this is glass half full not glass half empty stuff. Perhaps when we get them back to fortress Ibrox our miserly will be back to their clean sheet best form once more.

Middle to front Antwerp couldn't handle us.
Not our finest moment defensively. I Think Tav going off shook the backline up a little bit, given how they have performed this season though we can overlook an off night.

We will comfortably take another 2 or 3 off this side at Ibrox next week.

Delighted with the desire to never give in to the end, even at 3-3 I was quite happy to take that back for the 2and leg.

With their star striker out we really should be taking advantage and getting a couple of away goals on the board

Well we'll agree to disagree in spells they were good, defensively too many errors for my liking allowing them free runs in on goal is an ongoing concern for me where we've dominated previously or rode it out against teams of equal quality to tonight's .

They made it hard to get in about them by their pressing which left us for long spells nowhere to go so being on the backfoot allows them to force mistakes that's where my concern lay tonight it was happening too often and has been for weeks even at home .

So I reckon we need to seriously work on that aspect by finding a way through to take the pressure of our defence as too often we allow ourselves to be pegged back so problems just pile up & indecision kicks in.

I must have watched a different game. A 1 goal win was daylight robbery. We were the better team by miles. Antwerp's 3rd was their first shot on target in the 2nd half. Both teams completely opened up and went for it after Kent equalised (about 6 minutes of the game), prior to that they scored with 2 half chances and a dodgy pen.

Just watched the highlights on YouTube. Wow! That looked to have been some game. Well done Rangers! I haven't trawled back through the 100 odd pages (no doubt I'll be told to do so!) but what was the argument with Barisic and their keeper about? Was it 'gamesmanship' at the 2nd penalty or something?

I feel like the poster above me and I've only watched the highlights!

Just watched Kent's goal again (about a dozen times), When he steps in to start the move there's 10 Antwerp players in front of him. There's a famous pic of Maradona with all the Belgians in front of him. A pic from that angle of Kent would be amazing.

Get him on now for Davis - game too far for the old timer tonight.
giphy.gif

We’ve played better and came away with nothing. A good result all round, we’ll beat them at Ibrox. You’d think reading comments we had some sort of great record in Europe
I'll make my point whether you like it or not so do yersel a favour & %^*& up .

In case you've forgotten it's a forum where your free to voice your opinion even if it isn't what you want it to be .

Just as an FYI: Last time Antwerp lost 3-4 at home in Europe they still went through to play the final at Wembley. B-)

What a result! What a team. Never say die. They pushed on against a decent quality side and got the reward. Antwerp’s penalty was a dive. Our penalties clear as day. Morelos was brilliant as was Barisic. Tav’s injury is a big worry. The home game next week is by no means a certainty. Still work to be done to see us through. Great start.

Piss poor performance despite the scoring gave away two needless goals from inept displays by not taking charge of the ball .

How the %^*& does a Rangers player stand static watching a ball in mid air with plenty of time to make the ball his own by positioning himself & shielding it only to let the opposition's player nick in because of indecision allowing the bounce off the deck.

That level of ineptitude is unacceptable at this level it cost two goals tonight .

For most of the game the passing & crossing was bollocks despite continual pressing from the opposition yes there were spells in the game we pegged them back even missing three sitters ridiculous that two were in a one on one situation .

I've no doubt they are a good team however there's a lot of work to be done despite his absence even when he was in Tavernier doesn't shout enough or organise in these type of performances it's left to McGregor to give them a bollocking barely an outfield player takes charge when performances like tonight's go unchecked on the park given the amount of times they gave the ball away needlessly.

That was an SPFL Performance tonight it has to be much better .

As for the officiating where do you even start with these arseholes the yellows dished out to Barasic & Kent were ridiculous Barasic won the ball with no follow through similar to the tackle on Joe Aribo both players won the ball one made a meal of it resulting in a yellow the other also won the ball cleanly with no follow through yet the similarities and resultant decisions don't bear out & was happy to award a penalty for a mild tussle then a dive a total imbecile of an official he makes the ones here look good.

What an absolute pile of unadulterated dogshit.

Piss poor performance despite the scoring gave away two needless goals from inept displays by not taking charge of the ball .

How the %^*& does a Rangers player stand static watching a ball in mid air with plenty of time to make the ball his own by positioning himself & shielding it only to let the opposition's player nick in because of indecision allowing the bounce off the deck.

That level of ineptitude is unacceptable at this level it cost two goals tonight .

For most of the game the passing & crossing was bollocks despite continual pressing from the opposition yes there were spells in the game we pegged them back even missing three sitters ridiculous that two were in a one on one situation .

I've no doubt they are a good team however there's a lot of work to be done despite his absence even when he was in Tavernier doesn't shout enough or organise in these type of performances it's left to McGregor to give them a bollocking barely an outfield player takes charge when performances like tonight's go unchecked on the park given the amount of times they gave the ball away needlessly.

As for the officiating where do you even start with these arseholes the yellows dished out to Barasic & Kent were ridiculous Barasic won the ball with no follow through similar to the tackle on Joe Aribo both players won the ball one made a meal of it resulting in a yellow the other also won the ball cleanly with no follow through yet the similarities and resultant decisions don't bear out & was happy to award a penalty for a mild tussle then a dive a total imbecile of an official he makes the ones here look good.

Jesus fùcking Christ.

i know both teams benefitted from it but i think var takes all the excitement out of the game when a goal is scored and you have to wait for a decision to be made!!!

i

If you can't celebrate this win, during this season, without coming across as a miserable bastard, then you're beyond repair.

How did you survive 2012 - 2018?

So I didn't see the game last night and have avoided news social media contact with Scots all day to come home and watch the game. So 21 hours after everyone else, wow what a game. Anything else happened since I have been away?

For what it is worth I thought we started poorly, too many misplaced passes. I did think we were off the pace.

Davis and possibly Alfie doing his usual stuff got early pass marks but not setting the heather on fire.

Then we had two breakaways down the flanks, which might have reaped rewards.

Should Alfie have scored? He has to go for the far side post. But a piece of good shutting down by their goalie.

I think Roofe could have done better than he did a few minutes later down our right hand flank.

Then we get the breakthrough. A howler by their goalie, but stuck away with aplomb by Aribo who had been posted missing beforehand.

Their equaliser? If it was a foul, it was a soft one and for Barisic to be booked for it took the biscuit, especially when that De Plat?, had a worse tackle a few minutes later and was ignored.

My main contention is that it should have been one of the two central backs covering their goalscorer, not Barisic. That is not to say I'm exempting Barisic and Aribo from any blame.

We looked totally different in the second half, but going in front I don't get the two defenders fecking up the bouncing ball that led to their equaliser? A shambles.

But hey ho.

We have been magnificent defensivley in the league and no one can take that away from our defensive unit. BUT in the last three months, five shipped against Benfica, three shipped aganst St Boo and one against Hamilton in the manner it was, allied to the three last night tells me we still have many defensive frailties. My opinion.

For me the game last night changed with the introduction of Jack and Hagi.

On the debit side, I'm only on the PC over the last fifteen mintes or so. I don't know/haven't read updates on Tav's injury. Pretty ironic, given the fcukwittery of his young stand in last week!

On that same note, I sincerely hope Patterson and Bassey especially, looked up with their heads out of their hands last night wathcing that game and realised that they could have been a part of that marvelous and thrilling win.

I hope a cargo and a takeaway was worth it muppets.

Sorry if already posted but did I pick up from the gaffer the team were staying over in Antwerp and coming back today?
I think they did because of the later kick off time.

Would have been about 2 in the morning by the time they were ready to fly home. Not sure if the airport would even have been open at that time.

So I didn't see the game last night and have avoided news social media contact with Scots all day to come home and watch the game. So 21 hours after everyone else, wow what a game. Anything else happened since I have been away?
I admire your perseverance for holding out for 21 hours. Oh, a new spacecraft landed on Mars :D

Back