Votes: 16 1.4%
  • Kent

Votes: 188 16.5%
  • Jack

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Hagi

Votes: 2 0.2%

• Total voters
I'd far rather win 4-3 in games like tonight than boring 1-0's - even if it does give me heart failure lol

Proud of the Bears this evening, only wish I was out in Antwerp celebrating way into the night a fantastic away victory in Europe............even under Walter we rarely scored 4 away in Europe (7-2 Russians apart)

It was. Not sure what part you think I'm changing or not being consistent with.

Davis puts his hands on the Antwerp forward's back and hip. That lets the player know how close Davis is. If the Antwerp forward doesnt think Davis is close enough to him then he isnt going to fall down looking for the penalty because if he does and Davis is nowhere near him then he gets booked for diving. By putting his hands on the Antwerp player, Davis basically signals that he's close behind him. Antwerp forward knows that he can go down and that he can try and sell it to the ref as Davis coming in to the back of him and clipping him.

No hands from Davis and the Antwerp forward doesnt go down because he doesnt know how close Davis is to him. Antwerp player isnt going to throw himself to the ground if he thinks that Davis is 2 or 3 feet behind him rather than touching distance behind him.
And the winner of how many times can you get the name Davis into a comment goes to. . . . . . . . .

I think it was exciting nonsense really. A dreadful referee, they were a poor team, we seemed to lose our defensive organization despite being under little pressure. Kent was very good. The goals made it exciting and I'm delighted with the win but in this tournament we simply must bring our A game and we were well off it tonight, but good enough to beat this side. I hope Tav is not out long term as we need him.

Your a banger, we just won 4.3 away in Belgium, get a grip of yourself, it fans like you that I hope we never see at Ibrox again, yes there was huge issues tonight but we won 4.3 away in europe and have one foot in the last 16, but you go and be depressed twat.
I'll be there so despite what you or anyone else says .

The performance was piss poor overall gifting them two goals isn't anything to cheer about when it comes off poor passing or not keeping possession.

You'll be the same guy who was very critical of previous performances on many occasions on your old board .

Respect to Barisic for the bottle to stick two penalties away. But MotM was Alfie. Terrific all round performance tonight

Fucking dry your eyes , really? We are not Barcelona . This was an excellent result away from home that maybe the likes of Spurs might have wanted. We’re you happy with the defeats against Grasshoppers and SturmGraz previously? Utter shite
Eyes are dry mate, just comparing to the level we were at during the group stage.
Of course I acknowledge we won tonight.

I'd rather have a shite penalty that we score from than a great penalty that the keeper makes a miraculous save!
He scored....enjoy the moment!
Of course. First penalty was nervy for him as its his first one in competitive game. Second one full of confidence.

Just read through the thread to relive the moments.

My god what a lot of shite!

"As bad as ST Mirren" They beat Spurs FFS :D

WOW

As high as a kite after that result

not seen us that open in ages but we found a way to win
so absolutely fantastic goals

morelos was brilliant
cant wait till he finds his scoring touch

That performance was pish dress it up anyway you want .

I know what I saw!

So I'm happy to be a miserable whatever for as long as they are continually giving the ball away with shitey overhit passes & gifting the opposition the ball .
We are not Bayern Munich or some other top level European team. Our players misjudge passes too often; if they didn't they would not be playing for us. We dominated most of that game and were by far the better team in the second half. We moved the ball around very nicely at times, albeit individual players made errors. We were well worth our victory and were by far the better team overall. At times (especially at 2-3) we passed and passed and passed and probed and eventually worked openings. All the while they were pinned back.
I just heard Chris Sutton of all people (Gers-baiting, ex-mhank player, loathes us) on BT sport say we were the better team, deserved the victory and played really well. And you disagree with his positive assessment. Says it all.

First half, everything that could go wrong, went wrong.

Second half we weren’t perfect, but we rolled up our sleeves and refused to die.

I will settle for that every game until the flag is done and dusted.

I know what I saw!

So I'm happy to be a miserable whatever for as long as they are continually giving the ball away with shitey overhit passes & gifting the opposition the ball .

There were things to be pleased about, things to be concerned about and things that the coaching team need to work on with the players.

It wasn't great. It wasn't pish.

It was. Not sure what part you think I'm changing or not being consistent with.

Davis puts his hands on the Antwerp forward's back and hip. That lets the player know how close Davis is. If the Antwerp forward doesnt think Davis is close enough to him then he isnt going to fall down looking for the penalty because if he does and Davis is nowhere near him then he gets booked for diving. By putting his hands on the Antwerp player, Davis basically signals that he's close behind him. Antwerp forward knows that he can go down and that he can try and sell it to the ref as Davis coming in to the back of him and clipping him.

No hands from Davis and the Antwerp forward doesnt go down because he doesnt know how close Davis is to him. Antwerp player isnt going to throw himself to the ground if he thinks that Davis is 2 or 3 feet behind him rather than touching distance behind him.
That just seems like a pseudo-sophisticated, long-winded, over-explicatory way of describing what I saw.

The c*nt dived.

We are not Bayern Munich or some other top level European team. Our players misjudge passes too often; if they didn't they would not be playing for us. We dominated most of that game and were by far the better team in the second half. We moved the ball around very nicely at times, albeit individual players made errors. We were well worth our victory and were by far the better team overall. At times (especially at 2-3) we passed and passed and passed and probed and eventually worked openings. All the while they were pinned back.
I just heard Chris Sutton of all people (Gers-baiting, ex-mhank player, loathes us) on BT sport say we were the better team, deserved the victory and played really well. And you disagree with his positive assessment. Says it all.
Agreed on the level of team we are Im not claiming otherwise !

On the performance levels there have been times we've moved the ball about dominating teams the last three years in Europe but as you pointed out performances dip I can accept that .

After all it's been happening in the League, however I'm in no doubt Antwerp are a very decent side I just think we aren't showing the form we need to and tonight despite a very decent result it was riddled with poor performances at the wrong time that have been lingering for a good few weeks as crucial things like passing & crossing of the ball have been poor which gives the likes of Antwerp the initiative where we should be tighter.

Yes we had some Good spells in the game best of all was the quality in Kent's lead up & finish for a cracking goal.

I've no desire to ever be in agreement with Chris Sutton positively or Negatively .B-D

I know what I saw!

It really wasn't. We weren't perfect but played some great football too.

If you cannot enjoy Rangers winning away in Europe, scoring 4 goals and running a high flying Belgian side ragged, I'd suggest that following Rangers, maybe even football isn't for you ?!

That would include SG.
Awe he's the manager he's paid to pick out faults in victories, you are a fan not a a football analyst we won away in Europe, chill out FFS....After a game this forum even when we win annoys me with their phuckin nit picking.

Well my nerves were well & truly stretched beyond bearable at times during that 96 + minutes
& if I'm honest they still haven't completely settled

As for an assessment of the game - well one way of looking at this is - how many teams concede 3 away in Europe yet still come away with a win ?

We've often (going back many years) had a habit of doing things the hard way & tonight was definitely one of these occasions

To be fair Tav's injury could have knocked us off any game plan & it didn't help but boy did we keep fighting & well deserved the win in the end imo

SG will obviously need to study the good & the bad when the dust settles

But right now I'm going to concentrate on - & revel in - the result

It really wasn't. We weren't perfect but played some great football too.

If you cannot enjoy Rangers winning away in Europe, scoring 4 goals and running a high flying Belgian side ragged, I'd suggest that following Rangers, maybe even football isn't for you ?!
Well we'll agree to disagree in spells they were good, defensively too many errors for my liking allowing them free runs in on goal is an ongoing concern for me where we've dominated previously or rode it out against teams of equal quality to tonight's .

They made it hard to get in about them by their pressing which left us for long spells nowhere to go so being on the backfoot allows them to force mistakes that's where my concern lay tonight it was happening too often and has been for weeks even at home .

So I reckon we need to seriously work on that aspect by finding a way through to take the pressure of our defence as too often we allow ourselves to be pegged back so problems just pile up & indecision kicks in.

Well we'll agree to disagree in spells they were good, defensively too many errors for my liking allowing them free runs in on goal is an ongoing concern for me where we've dominated previously or rode it out against teams of equal quality to tonight's .

They made it hard to get in about them by their pressing which left us for long spells nowhere to go so being on the backfoot allows them to force mistakes that's where my concern lay tonight it was happening too often and has been for weeks even at home .

So I reckon we need to seriously work on that aspect by finding a way through to take the pressure of our defence as too often we allow ourselves to be pegged back so problems just pile up & indecision kicks in.

Didn't bother reading :)) I'm enjoying the victory, suggest you do too, take the rest of the night off

I know what I saw!

It's you that pish

Whit that other poster said, away for a lie doon.

I’m disappointed in a lot of the comments, we’ve won away from home in the knockout stages of the Europa, yet I’m reading a lot about how poor and pish they were.

mentally challenged talk, pure and simple.

True, A epic high scoring European away victory but all some folk want to do is tell us how pish we were and look on the gloomy side

Do they ever enjoy winning any game?

Yes we had some Good spells in the game best of all was the quality in Kent's lead up & finish for a cracking goal.
I've no desire to ever be in agreement with Chris Sutton positively or Negatively .B-D
A well thought out and and reasoned reply! I edited it to ensure your final, and outstanding, point was showing!

We’ve played better and came away with nothing. A good result all round, we’ll beat them at Ibrox. You’d think reading comments we had some sort of great record in Europe

I know what I saw!

We won away in Europe. %^*& up. We’ve played better than that with better teams and lost

It was the way they shrunk in closer to their goalie as we pushed for the winner - you could tell the Waffle Boys had the fear! For me, that last 10 minutes was as good as we have played in Europe this season. Fully expect us to pump them at Ibrox. Somebody likened them to the Arabs early in the thread - good call.

How much stoppage time do we need? Why is this half
He is to blame personally I’d sack him he could cost us a lot more than tonight selfish ignorant and stupid beyond belief.
That would be silly because the boy will be a star. No point letting some other team have him for pennies just because he was a tit.

Back