RSC day out in Edinburgh on Saturday

bailliestontrueblues

Any RSCs planning on staying in Edinburgh for a while after the game on Saturday? We are just getting bus to the game and getting train home to Glasgow at night.

To be 20 degrees according to BBC weather, anybody recommend a decent beer garden in the capital?

I stay in Edinburgh however don’t have a ticket for tomorrow’s match so will probably head down early see if anybody has a spare before KO and if not just head to Cumberland bar to watch the match ( great bear garden)

Last edited:
Any RSCs planning on staying in Edinburgh for a while after the game on Saturday? We are just getting bus to the game and getting train home to Glasgow at night.

To be 20 degrees according to BBC weather, anybody recommend a decent beer garden in the capital?

Exactly what we're doing and normally do this after every Hearts away.

Last train back to Glasgow loyal.

Any recommendations for pre match? Looking to get the train that gets us into Haymarket at 10:45am!

The pubs around Haymarket will be full of Hearts fans but we've never had any bother.

Alternatively if walk down towards Corstorphine the Roseburn and a couple of other pubs there will be full of Bears.

I take it the earliest we can get a pint through there is 11am?

A few of us staying after the match also.

Probably head for Rose Street or Royal Mile area.

After the game at murrayfield we went to a place called the Dunstane house hotel it was lovely and the guy working behind the bar was very bear friendly, at the end of the evening he gave my old man a free whiskey on the house which was a nice touch.

After the game at murrayfield we went to a place called the Dunstane house hotel it was lovely and the guy working behind the bar was very bear friendly, at the end of the evening he gave my old man a free whiskey on the house which was a nice touch.

Good wee day that mate.

Edinburgh is one of the worst places to try and get groups of lads in to a boozer.

I stay in Edinburgh however don’t have a ticket for tomorrow’s match so will probably head down early see if anybody has a spare before KO and if not just head to Cumberland bar to watch the match ( great bear garden)

never knew the cumberland showed games. every day's a school day right enough

On the 09:00 from queen street to haymarket just now, heading through without a ticket for the game, fingers crossed I pick up a spare at the ground, failing that it’s the boozer for the afternoon.

Anyone any idea if theres likely be many spares kickin about, few boys coming throufh without tickets

Doesn’t look likely at the moment..

Any idea what the best way to walk is to get to the Roseburn if I don’t pick up a spare ticket?

Any Rangers pubs in the centre of town? I will be in Edinburgh looking for a friendly pub to watch the game

It'll likely be tight mate but with it not really being an important game and it being an early kick off there might be a few more spares than normal.
Was thinkin that but normally theres spares doing the rounds on twitter but havent seen anything. Chance our luck if not they can sit in the beer garden :p

Doesn’t look likely at the moment..

Any idea what the best way to walk is to get to the Roseburn if I don’t pick up a spare ticket?
You going to be at Tynecastle looking for a spare?

If so walk up Mcleod street then onto Russle road then walk up roseburn terrace and it should be at the top of the road. Close to a tesco express!

That might not be too accurate so dont quote me on that but thats roughly the route to take

You going to be at Tynecastle looking for a spare?

If so walk up Mcleod street then onto Russle road then walk up roseburn terrace and it should be at the top of the road. Close to a tesco express!

That might not be too accurate so dont quote me on that but thats roughly the route to take

Walked up right past the buses & I was virtually there

For anyone hoping for a train right now going towards Glasgow

Don’t! They’re all cancelled! Tram to Edinburgh park & then bus/train? Signal/points failure at new bridge junction

Scotfail

Somebody came up with a great idea on here about the last away game of the season all RSCs should get the train and take over the town centre of whoever we’re playing.
Unfortunately it's Kilmarnock on a Sunday :D

Back