Problems logging into RTV

I can't get on the app on my android tv box. Says my device not compatible with the new app. Won't let me now login with either my original or updated password. Works fine on my phone/tablet.

The App hasn’t been updated yet mate. New version available for download later this week apparently, so anything you’ve done on the App today counts for little.

You should login via your browser of choice (Safari works fine for me btw) and follow what I’ve recounted in post #10. That should sort you out.

And make sure you’ve logged out on every other device.

Crazy doing this without having the app ready.

No email yet, I put in an order in the Rangers store a couple of hours ago I hope its not mucked up now aswell :oops:

I got my email and it said register was complete.
Logged me on no bother through the website ( not app) but tried to play the Nathan P, interview and it shows dots but nothing starts.

No email arriving at all to my yahoo email box despite how many times I ask to resend (twice :) ). Nothing in the inbox or spam. Not that I'm really surprised.

I've only logged in once to my VST. I'll use external means that work every time rather than mess around with official club technology that usually doesn't work very well.

I can't get on the app on my android tv box. Says my device not compatible with the new app. Won't let me now login with either my original or updated password. Works fine on my phone/tablet.
I have a feeling the Android app will only work exclusively on mobiles and tablets.
I posted earlier that the new version won’t open when sideloaded onto my Nvidia Shield, while the previous version worked perfectly. :rolleyes:

Can log in on the RTV website on my phone, but not the app.

A simple email explaining the app wasn't going to be working until the update would have maybe been a good idea.

I'm shocked really, RTV/help are normally so reliable...

I’ve setup my new account , when does that propagate to the RTV App as at the moment it rejects my credentials . Anyone know at all , thanks ?

or does it need the new app ?

New app looks good but unless I'm missing something it doesn't have a search function?
Doesn't seem to have one. It is very quick and organized for scrolling through all the old series etc so not sure how important a search function would be. Although granted if you were looking for something specific from a while ago it would be handy.

I have a yahoo account
I resent it four hours from initial email and received activation email immediately.
So maybe worth a resend.

I did resend it but got no response. Ive now e mailed the address given by the SLO. Ive been sent a note saying a ticket has been created and someone will be in touch within 24 hours. Its from a website that requires me to enter an e mail address and password. Madness.

Can't get the app on my android TV. can you cast from the app on your phone to your TV??

I’m not Twosignals mate but thought I’d let you know that I’m on High Sierra and Safari 13.1.2 and RTV is working perfectly on that for me.
An older version to yours but working fine, so it’ll be interesting to see how old a version of Safari/MacOS is being used.
13.1.2 is the most up to date version that will run on High Sierra and was released in July 2020. You should be good for a while.

The issue I saw on the other chap's older computer is that the login "modal" box would not display when the "login" button was pressed. The new site does not use that technique but regardless, it was a 4+ year old Safari version so unlikely to play nice with modern HTML5 etc. He was running a bang up to date version of Chrome and so using that browser solved the issue.

Think the holdup was with Google and Apple mate. From posts on here it sounds like the Google Play Store App Update was available several hours ago. Still waiting - patiently - for Apple.
Should have made this change after the Killie game when there may be a 21 day break in live RTV games. At least they picked an away game with no VST to use as the guinea pigs haha.

One good thing about the new site is it seems to leave you logged in. Huzzah!

13.1.2 is the most up to date version that will run on High Sierra and was released in July 2020. You should be good for a while.

The issue I saw on the other chap's older computer is that the login "modal" box would not display when the "login" button was pressed. The new site does not use that technique but regardless, it was a 4+ year old Safari version so unlikely to play nice with modern HTML5 etc. He was running a bang up to date version of Chrome and so using that browser solved the issue.
I don’t actually use Safari to watch RTV normally, I just wanted to let you know that another, older version of Safari/MacOS worked fine for your into if troubleshooting for others.

I usually use my Nvidia Shield with the Android app sideloaded. Unfortunately the new version doesn’t open so I’ll have to stick to the browser version on the Shield and keep my fingers crossed an Android TV version eventually gets released.

This is annoying. Can't watch the Patterson interview or any video. I'm logged in using my old email address, it tells me my sub packages but when I press play on a video it asks me to subscribe. Feck.
I was having a similar issue on the app. Would tell me all the videos are for members only. Logging out and in helped.

Seems odd they're doing this in the middle of a season. It seems to be working for me now but I imagine there will be a few people who don't get it sorted before the next game. Why not just wait till the end of the season and sort it all then?

What do you need to do if, as a season ticket holder, you’ve never registered for a VST (we watch matches via overseas RSC)?

i) What I’ve done so far is newly register today using MyGers/Season Ticket email address known to club.

ii) Should I now be able to access RTV video content (I can’t) or do I need a separate subscription for that?

iii) How does it know I’m a ST holder and therefore should be able to watch matches? I can see nothing in my profile which indicates I’m a ST holder.

Just updated the app. Can log on no problems. Like the layout and content. Very refreshing. The only one I can't view is the path to glory one in which we have to pay £1.49 anyways. All good

Updated with no problems so far.
I use the Firestick using the Internet app and thankfully this is still working ok.
I’m interested in getting the new app for Firestick if someone can post a link on how to install. Thanks in advance.

I'm still waiting for the activation email. 2 accounts, both AOL. Is the idea that they'll fix the issue or should I be pursuing either NARSA or the SLO?

Firefox says it’s up to date 84.0.2

video plays on safari, it’s a MacBook I have
OK. Well at least you have Safari as a backup option.

I'm on a MacBook too. Just upgraded my Firefox to latest version (84.0.2) since i don't use it often. Logged into RTV, clicked "watch" on the Ryan Jack video. It goes to a page where the video player takes up most of the screen, and has a red box in the middle with a white "play" triangle. Clicking on the triangle, the video starts to play.

What happens in your case?

No “confirm email” either in my inbox or spam folder. Not surprising really going by past results over the last two seasons. Ever since they “upgraded” it really has been a massive pain in the arse.

No “confirm email” either in my inbox or spam folder. Not surprising really going by past results over the last two seasons. Ever since they “upgraded” it really has been a massive pain in the arse.
I would really email them or check your preferences as I've had no problems with any emails. The odd one going into spam but nothing much

Re-registered, but not got the activation email (requested twice). I’ve checked my junk folder and I’m also signed up for marketing emails. Will leave it for a bit and contact Rangers if it still doesn’t come through. :confused:

Same here. Been 10 hours now. Still waiting.

Back