Rtv account issue.

si72

Subbed to Rtv yesterday and logged into iPad to play some content but some of the videos wouldn't play so I logged into the app and my account has been blocked. Tried emailing rtv support yesterday but had no reply so far.

Subbed to Rtv yesterday and logged into iPad to play some content but some of the videos wouldn't play so I logged into the app and my account has been blocked. Tried emailing rtv support yesterday but had no reply so far.

Would take a few days I expect

I was recently locked out as well. You will get a reply with a temp password mate. I was locked out on Saturday night and I got a reply on Sunday afternoon.

Are they upgrading the RTV app at the moment?

The message i get is ‘No data available at the moment’

Are they upgrading the RTV app at the moment?

The message i get is ‘No data available at the moment’

An email just came out about changes on their digital platforms.

I was recently locked out as well. You will get a reply with a temp password mate. I was locked out on Saturday night and I got a reply on Sunday afternoon.
All sorted now with new temp password.I it take i can just reset the password now?

what is happening for the access to RTV for season tickets holders and non attended home games

How will it work?

I’m still able to log in to RTV but I can’t find what payment plan i am on . I paid £17.25 per month by card each month last year . Will that just continue ? There no sign of any money coming off my card the last few months . Where can I find out what plan I’m on I want it to continue

I’m still able to log in to RTV but I can’t find what payment plan i am on . I paid £17.25 per month by card each month last year . Will that just continue ? There no sign of any money coming off my card the last few months . Where can I find out what plan I’m on I want it to continue

Last edited:

Login to RangersTV. Click on Account (top right of screen) and you will see your subscription listed and all recent payments that have been taken and when the next one is due. If there’s nothing shown then you have no subscription.

Weird you have no payments taken for last few months. Something is amiss because the £17.25 in an ongoing monthly subscription. I’m guessing you had issues with your Account back in February and may have setup a new account.

Login to RangersTV. Click on Account (top right of screen) and you will see your subscription listed and all recent payments that have been taken and when the next one is due. If there’s nothing shown then you have no subscription.

Weird you have no payments taken for last few months. Something is amiss because the £17.25 in an ongoing monthly subscription. I’m guessing you had issues with your Account back in February and may have setup a new account.

Thanks for the reply . Can you help a bit further , I’ve done what you said and it’s come up the following -

“Rangers tv annual - unlimited (hidden legacy £193.90) expires on 18 July 2020

I’ve no idea what this means or if it will renew ?

Thanks for the reply . Can you help a bit further , I’ve done what you said and it’s come up the following -

“Rangers tv annual - unlimited (hidden legacy £193.90) expires on 18 July 2020

I’ve no idea what this means or if it will renew ?

I think I know what it means. It means that you were seemingly incorrect when you said you were paying a monthly subscription. That info suggests you took out an ANNUAL subscription from 19 July 2019 and it expires later this month.

It will not auto-renew. You should let it expire and then login and purchase a new Annual subscription - or monthly if you prefer. Big increase in prices though. The Annual Unlimited (overseas) is now £240 a year and the monthly Unlimited (overseas) is £24 per month.

Bear in mind, if you are not based overseas then you will need to switch on your VPN in order to be able to purchase either of the overseas subscriptions.

I think I know what it means. It means that you were seemingly incorrect when you said you were paying a monthly subscription. That info suggests you took out an ANNUAL subscription from 19 July 2019 and it expires later this month.

It will not auto-renew. You should let it expire and then login and purchase a new Annual subscription - or monthly if you prefer. Big increase in prices though. The Annual Unlimited (overseas) is now £240 a year and the monthly Unlimited (overseas) is £24 per month.

Bear in mind, if you are not based overseas then you will need to switch on your VPN in order to be able to purchase either of the overseas subscriptions.

Mate I can assure you I was paying it monthly it came off my CC every month at £17.25 , then the payments just stopped but my rtv access didn’t stop . I’d know if I paid it all in one go . Anyway from what you say I need to basically wait until 20th July then basically go in as a new customer ? Thanks for the replies it has helped . Still none the wiser why I’m on annual when I was 100 per cent on monthly

Mate I can assure you I was paying it monthly it came off my CC every month at £17.25 , then the payments just stopped but my rtv access didn’t stop . I’d know if I paid it all in one go . Anyway from what you say I need to basically wait until 20th July then basically go in as a new customer ? Thanks for the replies it has helped . Still none the wiser why I’m on annual when I was 100 per cent on monthly

Very weird mate. You could take it up with them I guess but it seems a bit late in the day if your monthly payments stopped but your access didn’t. Hopefully what you saved in payments that weren’t taken is enough to offset the increased price for your new subscription.;):)

FWIW I suspect those of us currently on Legacy packages will see them withdrawn in the not too distant future and we will all be paying the higher price.

Very weird mate. You could take it up with them I guess but it seems a bit late in the day if your monthly payments stopped but your access didn’t. Hopefully what you saved in payments that weren’t taken is enough to offset the increased price for your new subscription.;):)

FWIW I suspect those of us currently on Legacy packages will see them withdrawn in the not too distant future and we will all be paying the higher price.

mine does say legacy but it’s annual . It seemed to happen halfway though the season and hasn’t changed back to monthly . Bizarre as you say but no big deal - I’m happy to pay £24 a month for what I get . And it’s money to the club .

Does RTV membership only contribute to MyGers points if you buy the annual subscription? Even if you've paid monthly for years?

Yes, it’s annual subscriptions only. I asked the SLO, because at present an annual £60 UK subscription gets you points but a monthly Unlimited subscription at £24 per month doesn’t. Seems a tad ‘unfair’.

I believe there is a desire to get more folk contributing annually rather than monthly because the monthly subscriber figure fluctuates a lot.

They don’t seem to offer the monhly option for overseas anymore. Only the yearly option appears for me at £240

You are correct. Just noticed that. Bit of a bummer for new subscribers who can’t afford the full whack upfront. Wonder how long those of us on a Legacy monthly subscriptions (£17.25) or more recent monthly subscriptions (£24) will get before being forced to move to Annual?

I have had nothing but grief trying to register for MyGers. I try to register with my email address and password. It says password not recognized so I try resetting it, but it won’t let me do that. But I can log in to my RTV account with the same email and password no problems. Very frustrating.

Tried emailing support a couple of times, but not heard anything back.

Rangers, I want to give you £50 of my hard earned cash, please take it!

Let my subscription lapse as had changed my bank card last month and now the options are annual subscriptions? Ouch, that's a sore one.

Aye, I have
Trying to buy an annual unlimited subscription but I’m only offered standard subscription. Can anyone help.

been looking into this as well. It seems they have got the software that can tell where your IP address is. I live in England and if i log in normally I only get the option for the basic membership (no live streaming); but if i log in with the VPN on then i get the option for the annual £240 full access option. There is no way I can afford to kick out £240 in one go with the threat of the live streaming not working.

Trying to buy an annual unlimited subscription but I’m only offered standard subscription. Can anyone help.

Yup. You need to be overseas or using your VPN to indicate you are overseas in order to be offered the option to purchase the Unlimited package.

Aye, I have

been looking into this as well. It seems they have got the software that can tell where your IP address is. I live in England and if i log in normally I only get the option for the basic membership (no live streaming); but if i log in with the VPN on then i get the option for the annual £240 full access option. There is no way I can afford to kick out £240 in one go with the threat of the live streaming not working.

Seems they no longer offer the monthly Unlimited package.

There‘s no reason the live streaming won’t work. I’ve used RangersTV for three years now and have encountered problems on fewer than a handful of occasions - and two of the, were down to the host broadcaster. Most fol with issues are because they use free/cheap VONs that throttle their download speed down to a snails pace. All that said, I too prefer to pay monthly and still do on a Legacy package. Gonna hurts if they force me off of that.

Seems they no longer offer the monthly Unlimited package.

There‘s no reason the live streaming won’t work. I’ve used RangersTV for three years now and have encountered problems on fewer than a handful of occasions - and two of the, were down to the host broadcaster. Most fol with issues are because they use free/cheap VONs that throttle their download speed down to a snails pace. All that said, I too prefer to pay monthly and still do on a Legacy package. Gonna hurts if they force me off of that.
I was paying the £17.50 a month or whatever it was and I got an email saying it was cancelled last month and no monies have been taken since; I also no longer have a subscription so need to sign up for another one. My account is still there and i can log in no problem, but I have no access to any of the content until I sort a subscription. I do wonder if there is now a link between payment address and the level of the account you pay for?

I was paying the £17.50 a month or whatever it was and I got an email saying it was cancelled last month and no monies have been taken since; I also no longer have a subscription so need to sign up for another one. My account is still there and i can log in no problem, but I have no access to any of the content until I sort a subscription. I do wonder if there is now a link between payment address and the level of the account you pay for?

I think you are the second person I‘ve seen say that their monthly Legacy £17.25 has been cancelled. All very puzzling. My own is still being taken monthly, with the next payment due on 13 July. Hopefully that continues for me.

I‘m aware the Club are keen to get more folk shifted onto annual packages but it will be a blow if folk are forced into it - particularly for the forthcoming new season.

Back