RTV and season tickets next season

If Rangers, Sky or anyone else thinks I'm paying for a season ticket for matches I can't attend and then paying to stream them they've got another thing coming.

There's multiple ways it could work out. Lets face it, simply giving you access to a free stream, whilst welcome, isn't giving you the same value as your season ticket. I like the Hearts example, if you miss out on 7 home matches next season then the value of those 7 matches will be added to your season ticket for season 21/22. So, if you buy assuming you will get 19 home matches and only get 12 then 7 games will be carried over to the next season.

Although I'm sure I heard Bisgrove say in the webinar that free video streams was something they were looking at. Amongst many other options.

There's multiple ways it could work out. Lets face it, simply giving you access to a free stream, whilst welcome, isn't giving you the same value as your season ticket. I like the Hearts example, if you miss out on 7 home matches next season then the value of those 7 matches will be added to your season ticket for season 21/22. So, if you buy assuming you will get 19 home matches and only get 12 then 7 games will be carried over to the next season.

Although I'm sure I heard Bisgrove say in the webinar that free video streams was something they were looking at. Amongst many other options.

Yes Bisgrove did say they were looking into creative ways of giving as much value as possible in event of closed doors games. This is a guy who has been on the marketing board of Emirates, UEFA and few other high end companies. Hes not daft, hes already brought in lots of new club partners and sponsors. Also advised that the digital side of Rangers will be revamped to best in class this Summer.

Sky only want 48 games

There is plans to stream games online via 3rd party hosting company

That will be done under the SPFL
We really need to try and get out of this set up. If we were able to control own broadcasts it could be a right money spinner.

I agree Season ticket holders should be able to access viewing games free of charge, perhaps with the requirement of an RTV subscription. As for everyone else I wonder if purchasing an Unlimited RTV package would give the club more income than paying the SPFL for the same privilage? If it comes to a choice between giving Rangers money or giving the League money I know what I would choose. Perhaps something for the club and support to think about.

Last edited:
I don’t mate. I’m at everygame bar last two mentally challenged games at piggery so haven’t bothered

Even though like you, I'm at all the games, I've got it mate.

There's good footage of training sessions, interviews and they produce good behind the scenes footage after every game.

A lot of good archive games too.

It only costs £6 a month, but like you, I'm going to use my £25 voucher to convert to an annual subscription, to keep my MyGers points at maximum and hopefully stay in the Gold category.

Even though like you, I'm at all the games, I've got it mate.

There's good footage of training sessions, interviews and they produce good behind the scenes footage after every game.

A lot of good archive games too.

It only costs £6 a month, but like you, I'm going to use my £25 voucher to convert to an annual subscription, to keep my MyGers points at maximum and hopefully stay in the Gold category.
To be fair I just use my dads log in! Cheap skate loyal but I’ll Defo used voucher towards it!

And if I’m not on Gold you better be prepared for texts of an angry man :))

To be fair I just use my dads log in! Cheap skate loyal but I’ll Defo used voucher towards it!

And if I’m not on Gold you better be prepared for texts of an angry man :))

Aye and likewise mate. :))

I keep going over the criteria to make sure I've worked my points out properly.

Season ticket for the past 5 years? Tick

Every home cup game and friendly over the past 5 years? Tick

Away games and cup semis and finals over the past 5 years? Tick

Tickets bought through Ibrox for away friendlies? Tick

Decent away European points? Tick

Annual RTV package? Soon to be ticked.

A couple of lads on our bus reckon it'll only be hospitality and Bar 72 who'll be Gold and folk like us will be silver.

I'm calling BS on that though.

Aye and likewise mate. :))

I keep going over the criteria to make sure I've worked my points out properly.

Season ticket for the past 5 years? Tick

Every home cup game and friendly over the past 5 years? Tick

Away games and cup semis and finals over the past 5 years? Tick

Tickets bought through Ibrox for away friendlies? Tick

Decent away European points? Tick

Annual RTV package? Soon to be ticked.

A couple of lads on our bus reckon it'll only be hospitality and Bar 72 who'll be Gold and folk like us will be silver.

I'm calling BS on that though.
I tick all those too mate.

I think that may be BS are they not MyGersVIP? As there tickets for final away games etc are a separate percentage from us?

His voice is awful and he doesn't know what he's on about.

Ruins everything RTV puts out

Really? I have listened to Rangers tv in numerous locations worldwide and I certainly look forward to hearing Tom commentate on our games due to his vast knowledge of all things Rangers.

I know one thing for sure, Tom knows more about Rangers than you do about politics.

Last edited:
Better be :)) Whats your bus plans for the £10 per person fee? Think we’ve all just said we will pay it on top of membership for the sake of ten pound

It's been reduced to £5 per person mate, which is good news.

I think our club is just going to pay everyone's.

Never knew that mate. Happy to pay it if bus wants us to it was a month or so back we discussed it.

Aye, Greg Marshall said on the recent RTV interview that they'd decided to reduce it from £10 down to £5.

Still won't stop some moaning though. :))

The supportive comments towards Doncaster suggests this was fed to Jackson by the usual suspects - nevertheless this is an update on streaming league wide.

SPFL close in on revolutionary Sky Sports deal to allow clubs to stream games to season ticket holders
Neil Doncaster is still in talks with the SPFL and clubs could be allowed to stream games to supporters while they're being played behind closed doors.

Football starved fans across the country look set to be offered the chance to buy virtual season tickets - as the SPFL close in on a revolutionary new broadcast deal with satellite giants Sky.

Record Sport understands crisis talks between the league’s chief executive Neil Doncaster and TV bosses have reached an advanced stage as they prepare to begin next season behind closed doors.

We told how, as part of the discussions, Sky could be willing to write off a potential £5.5m claw back claim for the failure to complete the 2019/20 campaign - with Doncaster attempting to negotiate a greatly reduced penalty sum of £1.5m, with payments spread over the next five years.

Now we can reveal the talks have also explored ways that Scotland’s cash strapped clubs might be able to create some sort of vital matchday revenue even although their turnstiles could remain locked for months.

It is believed Sky - who snapped up exclusive SPFL rights for the next five years in a deal worth £150m - understand the need for clubs to be able to raise extra cash as the game in this country battles to survive the financial ramifications of the coronavirus crisis.

And they accept that allowing matches to be live-streamed into the living rooms of fans around the country could help provide a financial lifeline.

Doncaster’s plan would allow each club to live stream matches using their own online channels to virtual season ticket holders.

One Premiership chairman told Record Sport: “We are waiting for the exact details of how such an agreement would be structured but we are told more information will follow shortly as the discussions between Neil Doncaster and Sky are at an advanced stage.

“Clearly, there is a willingness on Sky’s side to help our clubs get through this and to protect them from the consequences of Covid-19.

“Obviously these are unprecedented times and it’s very encouraging that, as a result of Neil’s discussions, the league’s broadcasters are prepared to give clubs a helping hand.

“Everyone knows Scottish football cannot be sustained financially behind closed doors but something like this, allowing clubs to sell games to fans, would be an enormous shot in the arm at an incredibly difficult moment.”

SPFL just signed a 5 year deal I believe. Could be wrong. International rights are different
I wonder if the club keep everything they earn through RTV? If they do it would be good if Bears watched the games there instead of whatever outlet the League offers.

Will be incredibly difficult for club to workaround broadcast rightsholders to show all games in UK, ideally can be worked out.

as part of signing up to myGers do you then need to subscribe to Rtv ?

No, not at all. The only link between MyGers and RangersTV is that if you take out an ANNUAL subscription to the latter it gains you MyGers points.

I bought RTV last month and I’m a ST holder. So whilst I would have got the games for free I still get interviews and highlights etc which is good. Should probably use it more than I do tbh.

Back