RTV confirmed for Commercial Venues for Thursday

When is the public sale for the Legia game ? i forgot to purchase my own season ticket seat and the deadline was yesterday

When is the public sale for the Legia game ? i forgot to purchase my own season ticket seat and the deadline was yesterday

General sale tomorrow mate, but those of us who are being shifted from our usual seats in the broomloan are able to go into the ticket office or phone up today and choose an alternative seat, so there's a chance somebody may take your seat today.

Appreciate the build-up to matchday is a busy time for the SLO but it would be nice if @Greg Marshall could do as he did for the other matches and post a thread with a running update of venues that have taken the commercial package.

General sale tomorrow mate, but those of us who are being shifted from our usual seats in the broomloan are able to go into the ticket office or phone up today and choose an alternative seat, so there's a chance somebody may take your seat today.
Yea i was too late so my seat in Gr4 will be gone, hopefully i can get one in another section

It was about 20 venues last time. 20 x £250 = £5,000. Not much of a money-spinner. And not very widespread availability for Bears outside of Glasgow. Let's hope it will grow.

It was about 20 venues last time. 20 x £250 = £5,000. Not much of a money-spinner. And not very widespread availability for Bears outside of Glasgow. Let's hope it will grow.

Because it's through a stream as well.

Might have got more if it was available on the Tele.

That's true. However, from small acorns and all that.

To be honest, the scope for this may be limited. In general the attraction is only there when its games that are 'exclusive' to RangersTV in the UK. Effectively then 'some' of the EL qualifiers. Its not going to apply to league games, for example, because they only hold overseas rights. Furthermore, most pubs, for example, will already have Sky Sports and BT Sports and many will have Premier Sports as well. If the game is on one of those channels then that is how they will screen it rather than hook up a laptop for the RangersTV coverage.

As I suggested though, early days, lets see where it takes us.

Not sure on the price yet but it’s on RTV
RANGERS’ Europa League first leg against Legia Warsaw is LIVE only on RangersTV worldwide*.

Supporters with a ‘RangersTV Unlimited’ subscription will be able to watch the match live and it will also be available on pay per view within the UK and everywhere else* for £9.99

It’s a difficult decision for a pub given the cost. How many customers do you need in to make it worthwhile? There will be plenty of folk who just buy the game for £9.99. Will be interesting to see the revenue v cost for this and what we would get from Premier Sports.

It’s a difficult decision for a pub given the cost. How many customers do you need in to make it worthwhile? There will be plenty of folk who just buy the game for £9.99. Will be interesting to see the revenue v cost for this and what we would get from Premier Sports.

WE (Rangers) wouldn’t get anything from Premier Sports for Thursday. Legia own the rights and the highest bidder (maybe the only bidder) for UK rights was RangersTV,

WE (Rangers) wouldn’t get anything from Premier Sports for Thursday. Legia own the rights and the highest bidder (maybe the only bidder) for UK rights was RangersTV,

Didn’t realise it was only the home team that got TV cash. Good that we have the infrastructure to be able to do it. To be honest if all our games were on RTV I would bin Sky/BT.

Didn’t realise it was only the home team that got TV cash. Good that we have the infrastructure to be able to do it. To be honest if all our games were on RTV I would bin Sky/BT.

They are all on RTV (except EL group matches).

Yeah mate. I binned BT Sports last year and Sky Sports will go when my contract runs out in January. RangersTV all the way for me. A mate shares his BT Sports login with me so I can pick up the EL group stage matches online whilst he watches via his Sky box. Currently the EL group stages are the only ones not on RangersTV as far as I’m aware.

I mentioned this previously when we played Midtjylland:

I agree in general with the club clamping down on pubs using the cheaper option to stream it but unfortunately the flat fee doesn't work for all establishments.

A friend has a small hotel / b&b in the Highlands, eight double rooms sleeping 20 people max. The bar area is on the small side to say the least.

He has two guests staying just now asking if he's showing the game, he will be but he'll be streaming it from his personal RTV unlimited account (no dodgy streams).

There is no way he can justify £240 for a game. He charges £3.80 a pint so he'd need the two of them to drink 60 odd pints between them just to cover it.

It's a great move from the club and having been involved in the licensed trade previously then it's definitely something I'd consider subscribing to if I ever went back into it, but like Sky tv - unless you have the footfall it's not economically viable which forces people to stream from alternate methods; partially legal (personal RTV accounts) or other 'sources'.

To be honest, I'm not sure what the answer is :confused:

Yeah mate. I binned BT Sports last year and Sky Sports will go when my contract runs out in January. RangersTV all the way for me. A mate shares his BT Sports login with me so I can pick up the EL group stage matches online whilst he watches via his Sky box. Currently the EL group stages are the only ones not on RangersTV as far as I’m aware.

Pub for you for the group games.

£250 from profits over 90 minutes is a big ask for a lot of pubs. I'm sure they will have given a fair bit of thought to the sub but where it will work for some it wont for many.

It's good to see the club doing this repeatedly shows that its a good wee earner and will provide a wee boost with funding should be done as often as possible.

£250 from profits over 90 minutes is a big ask for a lot of pubs. I'm sure they will have given a fair bit of thought to the sub but where it will work for some it wont for many.

Margins are so tight for pubs as it is. I was gobsmacked when I read Robert’s post saying what The Louden is charged for BT and Sky.

On that basis I don’t blame pubs, Rangers orientated or not, for not paying anymore.

Got a lot of sympathy for the honest publican just trying to make a living these days.

Margins are so tight for pubs as it is. I was gobsmacked when I read Robert’s post saying what The Louden is charged for BT and Sky.

On that basis I don’t blame pubs, Rangers orientated or not, for not paying anymore.

Got a lot of sympathy for the honest publican just trying to make a living these days.
It is very difficult for pubs in today's market. But if like us, pubs make a living from the Club I think it is important not just to back the Club but be seen to back them.

Screenshot-2019-08-21-19-15-06-366.jpg

It is very difficult for pubs in today's market. But if like us, pubs make a living from the Club I think it is important not just to back the Club but be seen to back them.

Respect that. You will be getting the trade of two fat boozebags tomorrow from 6pm till the final whistle. My first visit to the bar as I don’t drink before and after matches.

We will certainly make a contribution to this additional overhead!!

Respect that. You will be getting the trade of two fat boozebags tomorrow from 6pm till the final whistle. My first visit to the bar as I don’t drink before and after matches.

We will certainly make a contribution to this additional overhead!!
If you like Memorabilia, have a look at the Lounge. Nearly got the walls done, then on to replace the photos in the Bar

Haven’t watched a game there since May 2nd 1999.
I've never been in it for a Rangers game. Used to go up on Saturday afternoons sometimes when they had an English premiership game on and a double vodka was something ridiculous like £1.50

Back