RTV confirmed for Commercial Venues for Thursday

Westwood Bar EK have advertised they're showing it.

I've never been in it for a Rangers game. Used to go up on Saturday afternoons sometimes when they had an English premiership game on and a double vodka was something ridiculous like £1.50

This the only boozer in south Lanarkshire showing it ? I’m in Hamilton usually watch in Bar West but they never should last two games , pretty pish as was generally mobbed when we played .

This the only boozer in south Lanarkshire showing it ? I’m in Hamilton usually watch in Bar West but they never should last two games , pretty pish as was generally mobbed when we played .
Let’s just say there will be more boozers in South Lanarkshire showing the game than you think.

No idea mate, in Hamilton as well, just watch in the house. Keep meaning to try bar west for a game.

It was about 20 venues last time. 20 x £250 = £5,000. Not much of a money-spinner. And not very widespread availability for Bears outside of Glasgow. Let's hope it will grow.

Rangers out-bid Premier Sports for the UK rights and funnily enough the RTV subscriptions are up massively in the last couple of weeks. It’s all money that goes to the club in the end, that’s always a good thing.

Think it would be handier if they gave the postcode aswell -must be a million Smiths Bar/Brig Inns in the UK

To be fair it’s basically the same pubs/clubs that have shown earlier matches. It’s down to the pubs to advertise in reality, rather than the Club. The SLOs list is, nevertheless, welcome.

Here’s the list from the game against the Danes, with a bit more info re. location if it helps. Apologies for link to the Record though.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/every-pub-club-showing-rangers-18864403

List of places showing game tonight via RTV

Brig Inn
Greenock RSC
Kirky RSC
Largs 173 Social Club
Lewis and Harris RSC
Smiths Bar, Ayr
Station Hotel
Sunny Sports Bar
The Auctioneers
The Bristol Bar
The Drake
The Gallant Pioneer
The Houston Inn
The Louden Tavern - Ibrox
The Rosevale
The Windsor Tarvern, London Road
The Windsor Tavern, Partick

List of places showing game tonight via RTV

Brig Inn
Greenock RSC
Kirky RSC
Largs 173 Social Club
Lewis and Harris RSC
Smiths Bar, Ayr
Station Hotel
Sunny Sports Bar
The Auctioneers
The Bristol Bar
The Drake
The Gallant Pioneer
The Houston Inn
The Louden Tavern - Ibrox
The Rosevale
The Windsor Tarvern, London Road
The Windsor Tavern, Partick
No sign of the Calderwood Inn or Westwood bar on this ?

RTV will be available commercially for Legia Warsaw v Rangers!

This Thursday evening we take on Legia Warsaw in the Europa League third qualifying round first leg. As a Club, we have purchased the UK television rights making Rangers TV the only platform to watch the match live. Building on the success of our first commercial showing against Midtjylland we are keen for Rangers Supporter Bars, Pubs, and Clubs to get involved!

Along with our individual stream package, our official venue stream can be purchased by establishments to show the game to larger audiences. The package allows your venue to officially advertise the stream as a licensed bar and will be recognised in our matchday programme in the return leg at Ibrox.

Unlike with an external provider, all revenue generated from the stream will be reinvested in Rangers Football Club.

To purchase, contact the commercial department on 0141 580 8701

Thanks for the continued support!

Westwood bar in EK advertising the game on FB despite not being on the list?

Westwood bar in EK advertising the game on FB despite not being on the list?
That’s why posted above mate bears saying being advertised at Calderwood Inn and Westwood bar , but I checked list last night and both pubs not on official list .

It's fairly obvious that some pubs are paying £9.99 as a single user and then showing it in their pub. They probably do so safe in the knowledge that the club aren't going to take them to court like Sky or BT might.

I imagine for some smaller pubs that £249 makes it unprofitable.

It's fairly obvious that some pubs are paying £9.99 as a single user and then showing it in their pub. They probably do so safe in the knowledge that the club aren't going to take them to court like Sky or BT might.

I imagine for some smaller pubs that £249 makes it unprofitable.
Will be happening all across the country , smaller boozers should take an entrance fee stating it’s going towards the game , for the benefit of the club .

I don’t care much how it’s done , better than blatantly ripping off the club .

Nobody is going to pay a fee. A lot of people go to the pub specifically to avoid paying fees to watch it at home. I don't agree with it either, but I can understand why some small pubs would do it. Maybe £249 is a bit steep?

Nobody is going to pay a fee. A lot of people go to the pub specifically to avoid paying fees to watch it at home. I don't agree with it either, but I can understand why some small pubs would do it. Maybe £249 is a bit steep?

I understand that , but this goes direct towards the club we support , they will profit from showing it , maybe a sliding scale on price , Based on size of establishment , don’t agree with say Royalty paying what the Louden does , But would love for it to work .

Honesty Box ? Pubs pay RTV 10% of profits between 6pm and 10pm ?
You know the more you think about somehing like this the more sense it starts to make.

Edit: I'd still charge a minimal fee and only to selected venues. But I could see at least one venue from most towns and cities throught the country joining a venture like this. And we'll be playing these qualifiers for years to come no doubt.

Back