RTV - delayed transmission of Saturday's game

RaoulDuke11

I'll miss the match unfortunately, but will be home around 5:30ish.

I'd planned on steering clear of the result and wanted to watch the game 'as live' when I got home.

I subscribe to RTV's fiver a month package, but I just wondered what the script is with having access to the full game again on RTV?

Will I be able to stream the whole match from 5:30ish?

I have subscription to RTV, but I've got to say it's genuinely not worth the subscription for live matches etc.

Great behind the scenes content and interviews etc, but the majority of the time, Rangers don't have the rights to show games live.

I'd still buy for everything else though.

I'd planned on steering clear of the result and wanted to watch the game 'as live' when I got home.

I subscribe to RTV's fiver a month package, but I just wondered what the script is with having access to the full game again on RTV?

Not available until after midnight for UK subscribers mate.

Overseas Unlimited subscribers can get it fairly soon after full-time - but that’s not a lot of good to you.

I have subscription to RTV, but I've got to say it's genuinely not worth the subscription for live matches etc.

Great behind the scenes content and interviews etc, but the majority of the time, Rangers don't have the rights to show games live.

I’m lost. UK subscriptions do not include any live matches at all but many are available on PPV if not shown by Sky. Those overseas, or appearing overseas via a VPN, can get every First Team game, with the exception of EL group stage and beyond, live - either with an Unlimited subscription or via PPV.

Even if in the UK, it looks like Home games not shown by Sky will be available live. The Motherwell game being the most recent example.

Then there’s the live B Team Home games and many of the Women’s Team matches.

If you want live matches - and are prepared to pay for it via Unlimited or PPV - there’s almost too much to keep up with.

Last edited:
I’m lost. UK subscriptions do not include any live matches at all but many are available on PPV if not shown by Sky. Those overseas, or appearing overseas via a VPN, can get every First Team game, with the exception of EL group stage and beyond, live - either with an Unlimited subscription or via PPV.

Even if in the UK, it looks like Home games not shown by Sky will be available live. The Motherwell game being the most recent example.

If you want live matches - and are prepared to pay for it via Unlimited or PPV - there’s almost too much to keep up with.

Key point there is overseas.

Unless you've got a decent VPN provider in the UK. You won't get any of our televised matches live on RTV, all the big games etc.

But like I said, there is plenty of other content available and it is worth the subscription for that alone.

Most VPNs these days though, you're paying for them yearly or monthly, then the RTV subscription on top, which I believe the cheapest subscriptions don't allow you access to the games anyway.

Key point there is overseas.

Unless you've got a decent VPN provider in the UK. You won't get any of our televised matches live on RTV, all the big games etc.

But like I said, there is plenty of other content available and it is worth the subscription for that alone.

Most VPNs these days though, you're paying for them yearly or monthly, then the RTV subscription on top, which I believe the cheapest subscriptions don't allow you access to the games anyway.
No offence, but you are completely mixing up everything, including various different club media products.

1. You'll get Nord VPN for less than 2.50 a month.
2. If you have a subscription for live games, you'll see all first team live games except UEFA cup, plus other games inc. Youth and women's team, so it's "worth it".
3. If you subscribe to other content, it's just that, other content inc. interviews and highlights.

I think there is still a 1430 - 1700 black out Saturday, hence RTV could show Sundays game.
I could be wrong here though?

No offence, but you are completely mixing up everything, including various different club media products.

2. If you have a subscription for live games, you'll see all first team live games except UEFA cup, plus other games inc. Youth and women's team, so it's "worth it".
3. If you subscribe to other content, it's just that, other content inc. interviews and highlights.

I think there is still a 1430 - 1700 black out Saturday, hence RTV could show Sundays game.

RTV must've updated then, my apologies.

Yeah mate, see response by @rangeral No blackout - for this season at least - so if Sky don’t show it then RangersTV can do UK PPV (for our Home matches that is).

You have the wrong subscription level then, as I can watch nearly all our matches with my subscription.

Don’t know how anyone could do that not see the score

mental torture :))
I dodge the epl results every Saturday so I can watch it on motd on Sunday morning after my night shift. I’ve done this for years without finding out the scores. Also check my fitba “coupon “on Sunday night after motd 2 :)) Rangers score though I would have to know there and then if not at the game

Cheers chaps.

I usually watch all the games I can't make on RTV using my VPN, so no issue there.

There were a few contradictory statements in this thread: but is it fair to say that it'll be after midnight that the full match is available to watch on RTV, even if I'm running a VPN?

I've asked the RTV twitter account that question, but unsure if they'll get back to me.

I wouldn’t be able to do that. I check the score when I’m watching a stream that’s about 2 minutes behind!

The only bonus living in Bangor was go down the pub on a Saturday lunch time. Watch the 12.30 game, 3pm game and 5.30 game.

12 pints and x amount of vodka later it was home time.

Cheers chaps.

I usually watch all the games I can't make on RTV using my VPN, so no issue there.

There were a few contradictory statements in this thread: but is it fair to say that it'll be after midnight that the full match is available to watch on RTV, even if I'm running a VPN?

I've asked the RTV twitter account that question, but unsure if they'll get back to me.
Let's try and clear up some of the confusion for you - now we know you have a VPN (RangersTV won't give you any advice regarding use of a VPN).

If you are in the UK and have a UK subscription then you will not get the re-run of the game until after midnight.

If you are overseas via a VPN and only have a UK subscription you will still not get the re-run of the game until after midnight.

If you are overseas via a VPN and have an Unlimited (overseas) subscription then you can get the re-run of the game fairly quickly, almost immediately, after it ends - though it may be at a low resolution initially.

Finally the one I don't know - if you are overseas via a VPN and purchase the match on PPV then I'm not sure when the re-run will be available. That may well be the one you are planning. If asking RangersTV don't mention a VPN, just say you will be overseas, will buy the game on PPV but will not be able to view it until later in the evening - and ask what time its likely to be available. I suspect it will still be midnight.

Maybe someone else who's bought a game on PPV can advise when the re-run is available?

Don’t know how anyone could do that not see the score

mental torture :))
I did this for the old firm game in August. Tbf I was visiting family who live out in the sticks with barely any phone signal so couldn't check up on it if I desperately tried. Chose to drive the 2 hour journey back as well so I couldn't check it there either

Got in to try and watch the game on RTV that evening but it wasn't available until midnight, but I did catch a glimpse of the still of the video of the live coverage, which was of Balogun taking a throw in

Then found out it was on Sky at 8pm or something so managed to just watch it as live then

But for the whole game my mind was whizzing wondering why they chose that picture of Balogun :)) was it because he was MOTM? (which he was I think) or because he scored the winner? Or was it because we were so shite that they just decided to show a picture of a defender? Why didn't they show a picture of the person who scored if they did score? Why was it of him taking a throw in?

Mental

Worked out ok in the end though!

Let's try and clear up some of the confusion for you - now we know you have a VPN (RangersTV won't give you any advice regarding use of a VPN).

If you are in the UK and have a UK subscription then you will not get the re-run of the game until after midnight.

If you are overseas via a VPN and only have a UK subscription you will still not get the re-run of the game until after midnight.

If you are overseas via a VPN and have an Unlimited (overseas) subscription then you can get the re-run of the game fairly quickly, almost immediately, after it ends - though it may be at a low resolution initially.

Finally the one I don't know - if you are overseas via a VPN and purchase the match on PPV then I'm not sure when the re-run will be available. That may well be the one you are planning. If asking RangersTV don't mention a VPN, just say you will be overseas, will buy the game on PPV but will not be able to view it until later in the evening - and ask what time its likely to be available. I suspect it will still be midnight.

Maybe someone else who's bought a game on PPV can advise when the re-run is available?

That's the only confusion then. How long after midnight - 12:01am Sunday, or Monday :D

Hopefully the RTV twitter helps me out. I'll update here.

That's the only confusion then. How long after midnight - 12:01am Sunday, or Monday :D

Hopefully the RTV twitter helps me out. I'll update here.
LOL, yeah I've seen 'complaints' posted on here in the past that it takes too long. In fairness, there's the odd one saying its available early. They cover their arses by a vague 'from midnight' comment which, as you've realised, can mean anything. Generally, I think its available 'around' midnight rather than hours after. Bet you don't get a definitive answer though.:)

Back