RTV delayed transmission on Wednesday?

Tom Miller has posted on Twitter that he will covering it but unsure if live

If delayed it should be able to be shown at least midnight if not earlier but not before 10pm

Would be nice if they confirmed. Cant really afford to spend the money on a ticket.
Rangers twitter said today that tickets are now on general sale and that Ibrox will be the only place to watch the game live. Isn’t being broadcast live anywhere by the looks of things.

For those not able to make it, we could have a definite money earner £5 a pop to show it in full at the end of the game. Just need to avoid the score, no Twitter, news, radio for 2 hours! Likely lads style

Tom Miller has posted on Twitter that he will covering it but unsure if live

If delayed it should be able to be shown at least midnight if not earlier but not before 10pm

I’d be astounded if it’s available live mate. Tom will be doing the commentary for the later, delayed transmission on RangersTV at whatever time the broadcasting deal allows.

This is what was sent out to NARSA clubs:

There are some UEFA restrictions in place that currently make it Thursday night (UK-time) before the full game will be allowed to be broadcast. There is definitely no live showing at all, anywhere.

Rangers twitter said today that tickets are now on general sale and that Ibrox will be the only place to watch the game live. Isn’t being broadcast live anywhere by the looks of things.

If it was shown at 10pm, or even midnight, on RTV then could easily avoid the score and watch as live though.

THE only way to watch Rangers vs Kilmarnock is to get a ticket for the big game on Wednesday night.

The Premiership duo lock horns again in the Scottish Cup fifth round replay at Ibrox following the recent goalless draw at Rugby Park.
But due to strict UEFA rules, punters WON’T be able to watch the game on telly or Rangers TV.

While Schalke vs Man City and Atletico Madrid vs Juventus will be beamed across the world on Wednesday, Scottish football fans face a blackout.

That’s down to a memorandum of understanding between UEFA and the EPFL, which runs until May 31 2022, preventing member clubs from having televised matches which clash with the Champions League.

The agreement previously in force expired on March 15 2017, before the parties entered into a new arrangement later that September.
Outlining the reasons behind the TV blackout, the memorandum of understanding states: “Without prejudice to the generality of Clause 3.8, EPFL Member Leagues may be allowed to schedule matches on dates reserved for UEFA club competitions when no other date could be found under the following exceptions: Top division matches, which had to be postponed due to force majeure or to other reasons beyond the reasonable control of the concerned EPFL Member League, may be rescheduled on dates reserved for UEFA club competition matches, upon agreement with UEFA, when it appears that no real alternative exists.

“If such matches are not to be broadcast domestically and/or internationally, no restriction applies as to their kick-off time.
“If such matches are to be broadcast domestically and/or internationally, they shall be scheduled in such a way that they are terminated at least 15 minutes before the kickoff of the UEFA club competition matches, subject to UEFA’s approval on a case by case basis.

"UEFA shall consider requests for kick-off time slots overlapping with UEFA competition matches on a case-by-case basis and undertakes to strive to find a positive solution, depending on all circumstances of each individual case.

"Specifically, the Western European time zone is a factor to be taken into consideration for the granting of such requests."

Premier Sports and BBC both have rights to the Scottish Cup. But with Rangers and Kilmarnock both members of the EPFL, both broadcasters will obey the ban.
Gers fans had hoped to dodge the blackout through Rangers TV.

But an Ibrox source has confirmed to SunSport that the game will NOT be shown live.

Ironically, another Scottish Cup fixture between Rangers and Kilmarnock was blanked out for the same reason in 2016.
But thousands exploited a loophole as fans streamed the game live from their seat on periscope.

A blackout of our game doesn't mean I am going to watch the champions league games. An utterly stupid rule that only alienates more supporters from their precious tournament

Makes no sense considering PSG game is in live the same time as champions league

That game is being played on Wed as it’s been rescheduled due to the yellow vest protests, the original date was supposed to be televised hence it can be this week, it’s one of the exceptions to the rule.

We need a periscope loyal post with guys willing to film it like the last time this happened.

Well that's bollocks. There have been plenty domestic English games broadcast live alongside CL matches.

Derby v Millwall is on Sky, I believe they pay a fine when they show games during CL nights. Premier Sports probably don't have enough subscribers to justify doing the same.

Derby v Millwall is on Sky, I believe they pay a fine when they show games during CL nights. Premier Sports probably don't have enough subscribers to justify doing the same.
League games outwith the top league aren't affected by the rule

What about the tranny? ( not talking about Brenda the scum manager confirmed by stv news last week ) will it be on the radio?

Last edited:

You can have lower league games shown live, it’s just top level games and cup games you can’t have shown at the same time except in certain circumstances.

I can cope with a delayed transmission at 10pm. If it comes to that let’s hope RTV is geared up for the increased demand and it doesn’t turn into a farce of buffered images

This is what was sent out to NARSA clubs:

There are some UEFA restrictions in place that currently make it Thursday night (UK-time) before the full game will be allowed to be broadcast. There is definitely no live showing at all, anywhere.
Going by that then we have to wait till Thursday to see the full game? That's a shocker.

I'm based in Asia. So I'll need to wait until Friday morning to see it? GTF uefa. I really enjoyed the 2016 delayed transmission as well!

What I don't understand is that there were EFL games live on Sky last week at the same time as the CL games were on BT .
Having said that I don't really see the point of this rule

The 'rule' only applies to top flight games as has been repeatedly stated throughout the thread. The EFL is not 'top flight', despite the hype.

In fairness, top flight matches HAVE been shown when CL matches are on. In those instances, the broadcaster pays the fine to UEFA.

Back