RTV email (Sunday related)

klos

Got an email for RTV with info about the match on Sunday. However, this part stood out –

IF YOU ARE A RANGERS SEASON TICKET HOLDER

Rangers season ticket holders will be able to watch all home behind closed door matches FREE on RangersTV on live.rangers.co.uk or on the RangersTV app.

As promised, season ticket holders will be provided with complimentary access to all home league games whilst we play behind closed doors.
To avoid a delay to access, we advise that you log into your account and apply the discount code that has been emailed to you as soon as possible.

RTV app? Hopefully it’s the case we can watch on there as it’s easier to cast onto a smart TV. Has it be said why the friendlies weren’t available but the league matches appear to be?

Got an email for RTV with info about the match on Sunday. However, this part stood out –

IF YOU ARE A Rangers SEASON TICKET HOLDER

Rangers season ticket holders will be able to watch all home behind closed door matches FREE on RangersTV on live.Rangers.co.uk or on the RangersTV app.

As promised, season ticket holders will be provided with complimentary access to all home league games whilst we play behind closed doors.
To avoid a delay to access, we advise that you log into your account and apply the discount code that has been emailed to you as soon as possible.

RTV app? Hopefully it’s the case we can watch on there as it’s easier to cast onto a smart TV. Has it be said why the friendlies weren’t available but the league matches appear to be?
Access via the app would be ideal!

Is it the same code each home game or does it change?

Can’t believe this is still getting asked. You redeem your Access Code once. Once and once only. You never enter it again. There is no other code for subsequent matches and you do not enter your original code in again at any point.

Provided you redeemed it correctly in the first place.

OP makes a good point. I saw the comment about the App but it went right over my head, I note the FAQs now also says both season ticket holders and PPV viewers can watch via the App but the code must be redeemed via the web browser. This is a welcome development if it’s correct.

See post #128 in the thread linked above for more info.

Last edited:
Fs away back to bed and get out the right side! Some of us don’t live on these forums all day to know the answer.

QUOTE="Valley Bluenose, post: 6629836, member: 29"]
Can’t believe this is still getting asked. You redeem your Access Code once. Once and once only. You never enter it again. There is no other code for subsequent matches and you do not enter your original code in again at any point.

Provided you redeemed it correctly in the first place.

OP makes a good point. I saw the comment about the App but it went right over my head, I note the FAQs now also says both season ticket holders and PPV viewers can watch via the App but the code must be redeemed via the web browser. This is a welcome development if it’s correct.
[/QUOTE]

Fs away back to bed and get out the right side! Some of us don’t live on these forums all day to know the answer.

Ha, fair comment and I will take the hit for being crabbit. :)My son had me up at 0630hrs.

However, having answered, or seen answered, the same question multiple times every single day since the first pre-season friendly I was hoping even infrequent visitors might have latched on.

Ha, fair comment and I will take the hit for being crabbit. :)My son had me up at 0630hrs.

However, having answered, or seen answered, the same question multiple times every single day since the first pre-season friendly I was hoping even infrequent visitors might have latched on.

You’ve finally reached the level of crabbitness I hit a couple of weeks ago.

Good going :)

in theory it can be. I’m going to mess about today and see how I get on.

Let us know how it goes mate. I'm hoping that after tomorrow these endless RangersTV threads will fade quietly into the distance but its useful info to have and many will appreciate it.

Need to get the Rangers tv app onto fire stick. Makes it so much easier to watch on tv.
Had a search few days ago. Not there. Could use browser on firestick. The browser on my PS4 works. Also HDMI cable from laptop/tablet.

There’s also adapters available to plug your iPhone into a HDMI cable.

Had a search few days ago. Not there. Could use browser on firestick. The browser on my PS4 works. Also HDMI cable from laptop/tablet.

There’s also adapters available to plug your iPhone into a HDMI cable.

I’m going to try and sideload it on to the fire stick.

When I did youth work id put up posters advertising events. 'Yoofs' would ask me what the posters were about while I was putting them up. Id simply read the content out word for word.

Let us know how it goes mate. I'm hoping that after tomorrow these endless RangersTV threads will fade quietly into the distance but its useful info to have and many will appreciate it.
My brother has side loaded the app on a fire stick so it can be done. Don’t know how easy it is.
Have asked him for a how to guide.

As an aside. Went on app just there. Already logged in. Went to fixtures. Clicked st Mirren. Then video. It’s saying subscribe or buy.

My codes already in. Is everyone else getting the same at this point?

My brother has side loaded the app on a fire stick so it can be done. Don’t know how easy it is.

Cheers bud. Its not my thing but it appears there's a lot of interest in it so it would be good to get it out there.

As an aside. Went on app just there. Already logged in. Went to fixtures. Clicked st Mirren. Then video. It’s saying subscribe or buy.

No I’m getting the option to view the game (obviously just a test screen the now)

Make sure you’re logged in on the app.

EDIT just noticedyou said you’re logged in. Strange.

IF YOU ARE A Rangers SEASON TICKET HOLDER

Rangers season ticket holders will be able to watch all home behind closed door matches FREE on RangersTV on live.Rangers.co.uk or on the RangersTV app.

Now bear in mind I’m not computer savvy, so far RTV have assisted me greatly to get into RTV, can I go to RTV any time to check that I will have the game tomorrow. The last time I tried it came away with you’ve used your code. I don’t expect to get the full RTV, more like when there were test cards, to show your in?

I get the splash screen saying Subscribe or Buy - but right in the middle there's a big f*ck off Play button to press. Try it.;):)

If that doesn't work I'd try logging out and then in again. What I get, after hitting play, is the crests from the Aberdeen game but if I pull the slider back a bit and wait a few seconds it plays the match.

Now bear in mind I’m not computer savvy, so far RTV have assisted me greatly to get into RTV, can I go to RTV any time to check that I will have the game tomorrow. The last time I tried it came away with you’ve used your code. I don’t expect to get the full RTV, more like when there were test cards, to show your in?
Yep you should be able to go to live.rangers.co.uk and log in. Then Rangers v St Mirren will have an option to Watch Live.

I get the splash screen saying Subscribe or Buy - but right in the middle there's a big f*ck off Play button to press. Try it.;):)

If that doesn't work I'd try logging out and then in again. What I get, after hitting play, is the crests from the Aberdeen game but if I pull the slider back a bit and wait a few seconds it plays the match.

FYI I have just downloaded Rangers TV App onto my Samsung phone.
Logged in and clicked on St Mirren. All I'm getting is the blue slate with Rangers and Aberdeen badges and kick off time. Pulling the slider back doesn't change that for me.

But I'm then able to use Smart View on the phone to beam that screen onto my Samsung TV. Obviously I don't actually see any moving images, but it looks like it will work.

FYI I have just downloaded Rangers TV App onto my Samsung phone.
Logged in and clicked on St Mirren. All I'm getting is the blue slate with Rangers and Aberdeen badges and kick off time. Pulling the slider back doesn't change that for me.

But I'm then able to use Smart View on the phone to beam that screen onto my Samsung TV. Obviously I don't actually see any moving images, but it looks like it will work.

Took me three or four attempts pulling the slider back and then I had to wait for the stream to 'catch up' with what I'd done but it played - eventually. Bit flaky, but patience and perseverance and I got there.

Fire stick only option
1. Download the downloader app on your firestick
2. Type in https://apkpure.com/rangerstv/com.streamamg.rangerstv
3. Install RTV

Thanks for the info mate. Word of warning though, users on the other thread are reporting this doesn't work for them. Posts #144 onwards.

I managed to instal via downloader, I managed to get the test Stream of tomorrow’s game showing up, weirdly it showed aberdeen vs rangers crests. It ain’t perfect in terms of navigation, it’s quite awkward to see where is selected when pressing up down left it right. Might be easier if you have a mouse, or one of those fancy remotes that you just point to the screen and it shows the cursor.

Thanks for the info mate. Word of warning though, users on the other thread are reporting this doesn't work for them. Posts #144 onwards.

It looks like you'll be able to get to the live stream (it will mention Aberdeen at the moment)which I guess is the main thing but struggling to play any videos.
I would have to say I think the Silk browser is still the best way to go especially for navigation.

It looks like you'll be able to get to the live stream (it will mention Aberdeen at the moment)which I guess is the main thing but struggling to play any videos.
I would have to say I think the Silk browser is still the best way to go especially for navigation.

VST viewers can't view any of the other RangersTV stuff anyway mate - only the matchday package.

As I suggested, it seems there are better ways - Silk browser for one - than trying to sideload the RangersTV App. Like you, I agree folk should stick with that.

I managed to instal via downloader, I managed to get the test Stream of tomorrow’s game showing up, weirdly it showed aberdeen vs Rangers crests. It ain’t perfect in terms of navigation, it’s quite awkward to see where is selected when pressing up down left it right. Might be easier if you have a mouse, or one of those fancy remotes that you just point to the screen and it shows the cursor.
Yeah got the same bud, Silk browser still the way to go and a doddle to navigate as it comes with its own pointer.

VST viewers can't view any of the other RangersTV stuff anyway mate - only the matchday package.

As I suggested, it seems there are better ways - Silk browser for one - than trying to sideload the RangersTV App. Like you, I agree folk should stick with that.
Sorry didn't realise that, thought you got complimentary access to RTV.

He just reinstalled it Using the fire stick only method and it works so not sure what’s going on in that other thread.

I have rangers v Aberdeen badges on the st Mirren RTV app click so hopefully all set for tomorrow.

I’m going to try and sideload it on to the fire stick.

Tried this a few months back and it didn't work properly. Layout of the app was obviously configured for a phone or touchscreen. Hopefully recent updates allows it to be done. I'll give it a go too and post my results.

He just reinstalled it Using the fire stick only method and it works so not sure what’s going on in that other thread.

I have Rangers v Aberdeen badges on the st Mirren RTV app click so hopefully all set for tomorrow.

Yeah, even just on a desktop - no Firestick - I get the club crests from the Aberdeen game. I *think* that means all is well. I can use the slider at the bottom to pull the stream back to about half way and, after about a minute, it will start to play the match. Sometimes. It seems setup to default to being at the end of the match rather than the start.

Dunno if you can do the slider 'trick' on the Firestick though.

Back