Problems logging into RTV

Posted on the thread, did all that was asked, I could log in under the new system ok but couldnt access any RTV content. Restarted laptop , that fixed it.

Site has been completely revamped and it looks like they've launched the 'single login' thing.

Take note of this bit:

If you have an existing RangersTV account that was created before January 21st 2021, you should register a new Rangers Account here using the same email address that you use for RangersTV.

Looks like you need to go to that page and create a new Rangers Account using the same email you use for RangersTV. Or am I reading that wrong?

EDIT: OK, that's me done it and logged in successfully. I already had both a Rangers Account and a RangersTV Account. I had to click on the 'Create New Account' link and then enter my Forename and Surname and then enter the email address applicable to my RangersTV Account and the Password from my RangersTV Account. Got sent a Verify email (note - it went into Junk) with a link to click on to Verify. Was then asked to Login and did so successfully. Painless.
Cheers mate. Worked easy on the create an account link

Reregistered, received the confirmation email, tried logging into the App and all I get is this message,

'status error message cannot start a customer session when using third party authentication'

Reregistered, received the confirmation email, tried logging into the App and all I get is this message,

'status error message cannot start a customer session when using third party authentication'
The App isn’t working mate and won’t be until the new version is released later this week. Been documented in the various threads and in the Club news release.

As part of this upgrade, the existing RangersTV app which is available via the Apple App Store and Google Play will later this week be updated for all users who have it already downloaded on their device.

I’ve registered and got the authorisation email. All sorted on that front.

I’m a season ticket holder, and not a RTV subscriber. I don’t have confidence that they will link my new registration to my season ticket access. Won’t find this out till the next game.

The joys. Previous experience suggests this won’t work.

The App isn’t working mate and won’t be until the new version is released later this week. Been documented in the various threads and in the Club news release.
Thanks @Valley Bluenose I've obviously skimmed over that on the official site, but re reading the statement it does clearly state you should be able to log into the new Rangers TV website (which I can) and the new mobile app (which I can't) but don't see where it says it yet to be launched? I'll have another look.

Oh shit @Greg Marshall now you’ve done it. Don’t be expecting an early night mate.:eek:
It’ll be really interesting to know what type of email account everyone that’s having issues are using.

I was one of those with problems and I use yahoo for my RTV account.

If most of them are Sky, Yahoo or AOL then it’s just a case of waiting until RTV irons out the issues with those email types.

I’ve registered and got the authorisation email. All sorted on that front.

I’m a season ticket holder, and not a RTV subscriber. I don’t have confidence that they will link my new registration to my season ticket access. Won’t find this out till the next game.

The joys. Previous experience suggests this won’t work.
You *should* be fine. From the Club news release:

I am a season ticket holder, can I still watch home matches live?

• Yes, you will also have to create a Rangers Account as above and you will be able to watch.
  • Be sure to use the same email address for your new Rangers Account as you use for your existing RangersTV account, so we can match them and ensure you have no interruption in service.
You can read more FAQ’s and help HERE

Thanks @Valley Bluenose I've obviously skimmed over that on the official site, but re reading the statement it does clearly state you should be able to log into the new Rangers TV website (which I can) and the new mobile app (which I can't) but don't see where it says it yet to be launched? I'll have another look.
They’ve worded it really badly, making reference to the App twice:

Users will be able to login to the rangers.co.uk website, the RangersTV website and app and the soon to be released club app.

Maybe misinterpreting it but there’s loads of posts about no access via the App. I’ve done the Create New Account thing and can’t access the App. Just the website. I’m sure the App update will sort it.

This is annoying. Can't watch the Patterson interview or any video. I'm logged in using my old email address, it tells me my sub packages but when I press play on a video it asks me to subscribe. Feck.

They’ve worded it really badly, making reference to the App twice:

Users will be able to login to the Rangers.co.uk website, the RangersTV website and app and the soon to be released club app.

Maybe misinterpreting it but there’s loads of posts about no access via the App. I’ve done the Create New Account thing and can’t access the App. Just the website. I’m sure the App update will sort it.

Info in the link above regards the App being updated soon. Thanks again @Valley Bluenose

Very quick process and all worked perfectly for me. The test will be logging in for the Hibs game on Wednesday night!

Followed the process and it say's verify account by clicking this link, then it say's you have an email sent but i don't have an email, now I'm getting in a rage. And its not in junk box.
Might not apply but a post from the SLO on the other thread:

We are aware of a delay in activation emails for users with Yahoo, AOL and Sky email addresses being sent through. The team are working on it and we will update as soon as possible.

Also seems to be a delay in Verify emails coming through due to backlog.

I was having problems from Boxing Day game logging into the RTV app.I deleted it Saturday morning and reinstalled it.I logged in just before kick off and it worked perfectly.

Clear your cache

Nae joy. Just cleared it, still the same issue. First image I what I see, second one shows that I have an active sub.
Screenshot-20210125-192703-Edge.jpg

Screenshot-20210125-193252-Edge.jpg

Logged in but doesn't let me view some videos like inside Ibrox. Says i need to subscribe which i have paid the yearly subscription?

Nice and simple and without a problem for me to get reregistered with an iCloud email address.

Everything has worked on the website.
Can’t log into the app now, but it sounds like the update will resolve this.

I’ve had nothing but problems with RTV, I’ve seen roughly half this years home games. I have re done today’s app and also pressed remember password as well, in theory I presume I should login easier? Also I have loaded Chrome yet again doing everything to try to watch a game, instead of using Safari, that RTV has problems with. I will take my sceptical hat off and hope to watch some games!
Out of interest, what macOS and Safari versions are you working with? RTV works fine for me on Catalina with Safari v14. I was helping a fellow Bear the other day and he was on Yosemite and Safari v10, and RTV would not work on that version of Safari.

Logging in to RTV via safari on ipad works. The existing RTV app no longer works. I would expect that the new app will be available from the apple app store before the match on Wednesday. Let’s hope so. For future changes, I would prefer that any new app would have been available and that RTV could email all of us explaining the changes necessary and to make it easy for us auld yins not too savvy with IT to have a re-launch method simple as 1,2, 3.

Out of interest, what macOS and Safari versions are you working with? RTV works fine for me on Catalina with Safari v14. I was helping a fellow Bear the other day and he was on Yosemite and Safari v10, and RTV would not work on that version of Safari.
I’m not Twosignals mate but thought I’d let you know that I’m on High Sierra and Safari 13.1.2 and RTV is working perfectly on that for me.
An older version to yours but working fine, so it’ll be interesting to see how old a version of Safari/MacOS is being used.

Logging in to RTV via safari on ipad works. The existing RTV app no longer works. I would expect that the new app will be available from the apple app store before the match on Wednesday. Let’s hope so. For future changes, I would prefer that any new app would have been available and that RTV could email all of us explaining the changes necessary and to make it easy for us auld yins not too savvy with IT to have a re-launch method simple as 1,2, 3.
I did get my email with a link to the news article outlining everything that needed to be done. It only came in at 1900hrs tonight right enough.:rolleyes:

At least there's a little more notice in advance of Wednesday's game.

It didn't recognise my email address so I had to re-register. After re-registering, I can't sign into the app.

Don't ever change, RTV...

I know wed game is away so no rush, but how do we use our VST now? Just the same as we were doing thus far?

Telling me I've got an invalid email address.its defo the same one I've always used
I managed to get sorted out as i sent a message to @Greg Marshall with my email address. He sorted my verification email out and i was good to go. I only had an issue with my verification email arriving. I had no invalid email issues.

Last edited:
At least there's a little more notice in advance of Wednesday's game.

It didn't recognise my email address so I had to re-register. After re-registering, I can't sign into the app.

Don't ever change, RTV...
The App isn’t working and won’t until the new update later this week.

You did click on the Create New Account link rather than trying to enter your login details in the text fields didn’t you?;)

Instructions here:

Back