RTV on Nvidia Shield

Tpol_rfc

Official Ticketer
Did anyone ever solve the issue of the picture freezing after a few seconds on the TV Bro Browser?

Forgot all about this and was all ready to start only to encounter it once more.

Not for Shield mate. - only for ‘proper’ devices.
No worries mate. Annoying as hell I'm having to watch through other means when I've got season ticket. Seem folk on match thread say fire TV silk browser working for them bit every time I've tried to log on I get this.

No worries mate. Annoying as hell I'm having to watch through other means when I've got season ticket. Seem folk on match thread say fire TV silk browser working for them bit every time I've tried to log on I get this.

Is the Shield your only device with a browser? And is TVBro the only browser to work on the Shield?

An option might be using the browser on the downloader app I use that if I need to on my shield but not sure if it will play the games live

Put Chrome on my Shield TV when wanting watch Rangers TV through it and it has never given me any problems at all.
Shield is a shit hot piece of equipment.

Use Brave Browser from the app store and you'll be fine accessing RTV through that.
Will try one of these next time. Hopefully there won't be too much more need for it though as next two home games on sky.

Will try one of these next time. Hopefully there won't be too much more need for it though as next two home games on sky.
Brave Browser definitely the better one to try first. I think Chrome does work better but it's a bit of a faff to load it. Worth it when it is on buy Brave should be right out the app store (although, I didn't see it when I was looking last time).

That pic was from firestick mate on silk browser.
Ah right, given the thread title I assumed you were on Shield.

I‘m currently away from home so can’t have a play with my Fire TV Stick. I’ve had the page you posted in the past when using Silk - but only when trying to play videos on RangersTV, not live streams.

Any of Silk, Firefox and TVBro play live streams for me fine normally.

Ah right, given the thread title I assumed you were on Shield.

I‘m currently away from home so can’t have a play with my Fire TV Stick. I’ve had the page you posted in the past when using Silk - but only when trying to play videos on RangersTV, not live streams.

Any of Silk, Firefox and TVBro play live streams for me fine normally.
Just think I'm jinxed with it mate. Seen a lot say TV Bro great it was for me a few times then as said just plays for a few seconds then freezes bit audio still goes. Silk just goes to the pic I posted earlier and no further. Had a try at Firefox on stick there and keeps crashing. Tried on phone and it doesn't even load the page :D

Just think I'm jinxed with it mate. Seen a lot say TV Bro great it was for me a few times then as said just plays for a few seconds then freezes bit audio still goes. Silk just goes to the pic I posted earlier and no further. Had a try at Firefox on stick there and keeps crashing. Tried on phone and it doesn't even load the page :D
Jeez, if you can't get it to play on multiple devices, using a variety of browsers, its pointing more to your broadband/wifi in all honesty. Could be an older Firestick but if it's the same on your Shield AND on your phone in addition to the Firestick I'd be looking to broadband/wifi.

Jeez, if you can't get it to play on multiple devices, using a variety of browsers, its pointing more to your broadband/wifi in all honesty. Could be an older Firestick but if it's the same on your Shield AND on your phone in addition to the Firestick I'd be looking to broadband/wifi.
Mate my broadband is brilliant. I've no trouble watching virtually anything I want at any time other than Rangers TV through my season ticket. I do get to watch the games no probs through other means just frustrating though.

Last edited:
Mate my broadband is brilliant. I've no trouble watching virtually anything I want at any time other than Rangers TV through my season ticket. I do get to watch the games no probs through other means just frustrating though.
Fair enough mate. It just doesn’t make sense though if you analyse it:

TVBro doesn’t work on your Shield.

Silk, Firefox and TVBro don’t work on your Fire TV Stick.

You can’t access via the App (and presumably the browser) on your S10.

Three devices, multiple different browsers.

Something isn’t right that affects all of those.

I get the same on my Fire TV. I use the browser that’s built-in to the Downloader app and it works fine on there.

Fair enough mate. It just doesn’t make sense though if you analyse it:

TVBro doesn’t work on your Shield.

Silk, Firefox and TVBro don’t work on your Fire TV Stick.

You can’t access via the App (and presumably the browser) on your S10.

Three devices, multiple different browsers.

Something isn’t right that affects all of those.
Actually did play via browser on my phone and then cast to shield last time just remembered. As said I do always get to watch the matches just annoys me when I hear one thing works for someone and not for myself. Kinda get like a dog with a bone trying to find out why that is.

Hopefully won't be an issue for much longer though.

Actually did play via browser on my phone and then cast to shield last time just remembered. As said I do always get to watch the matches just annoys me when I hear one thing works for someone and not for myself. Kinda get like a dog with a bone trying to find out why that is.

Hopefully won't be an issue for much longer though.
Ha ha, I’m prone to that myself mate. Can be a right pain in the arse.:))

That’s what I got too, also using a Firestick

Back