RTV prices

tottie beck

Did RTV hike their prices in the past year? My subscription is up for renew and it's gone from charging in US dollars to charging in British £s. It seems a good bit more expensive than last year, somewhere in the region of $25-30CAN for a yearly sub. I get raising season books, but televised games don't have the same variable overheads. Is this a product of our on-field success? It's not like RTV deliver a stellar product. The programming is pretty poor outside of matchday. The player features are lame, (Playstation or X-box?, Rice or Pasta?) 20 minutes talking to the youth coach doesn't exactly fill me with excitement, and live games usually have some issue or other. So much so, I've taken to watching morning games a couple of hours after KO as it is the only way i'm gaurenteed a flawless picture.

Obviously i'll pay whatever they ask but I can't help feeling they take advantage of our loyalty at times

Prices, for now, stay the same for those on ‘legacy’ products so I, for now, still pay the monthly £17.25. New subscribers to the same package will pay £24 per month. The £5 package will increase to £6 in due course @Marstonbear. Can’t recall for the annual package but what you say sounds right.

So yes, prices have gone up. The pay-per-match price went up from circa £5 per match to circa £8 per match at the start of the season. So this has been coming. I asked on another thread when the last price increase was. Nobody could remember, but one poster had an invoice from about 2014 for £17.25 for the monthly package. So, again, an increase has been coming for some time.

I’ve been with them over 2 years and can count on one hand the number of times I’ve had major problems.

I don’t think we can complain - but it’s FF, so we will. In fairness, the transferring of accounts to the new provider has been a shambles.

EDIT: Annual Unlimited package is now £240.

Last edited:
For a flawless service £240 per year might be acceptable, but it's not great value for something where most live matches have at least some periods of buffering, pixelation and occasional disconnects. It really needs to be better.

I'll monitor the situation with the new service on a game-by-game basis and may move to an annual subscription if it proves to have sorted out the quality and reliability issues.

I’ll keep an eye on it, but 240 a year isn’t pennies.

If there is a non-promoted alternate, then I’d have to reconsider.

The switch over has been brutal, personally.

For a flawless service £240 per year might be acceptable, but it's not great value for something where most live matches have at least some periods of buffering, pixelation and occasional disconnects. It really needs to be better.

I'll monitor the situation with the new service on a game-by-game basis and may move to an annual subscription if it proves to have sorted out the quality and reliability issues.

I agree with what you say. However, my two years with RangersTV have, indeed, been virtually flawless. If you are having problems then perhaps you need to look at your setup because what I get from RangersTV is excellent. In fact, Wednesday night hit a new high, with an absolutely outstanding quality of picture (true HD throughout) and not a single instance of buffering.

My personal view is that if the ‘source stream’ was the issue we’d all encounter the same problems. We don’t, not by a long way. So many variables, broadband speed, how many are using your broadband at the same time, how many apps are running in the background (for some reason FF open on another tab really screws the stream), the device you are using, the quality of the VPN you are using (if applicable), the location of the server you have chosen for the VPN (if applicable) etc etc. Many of those with ‘issues’ would do well to indulge in a bit of troubleshooting at their own end. Plenty advice available on here from several posters who have the time to try and help.

I ditched BT Sport last year and Sky goes next month because I wasn’t satisfied the product, for me, represented value. I guess it’s reasonable if others feel the same way about RangersTV. I will certainly, and happily, be maintaining my RangersTV subscription.

Last edited:
I agree with what you say. However, my two years with RangersTV have, indeed, been virtually flawless. If you are having problems then perhaps you need to look at your setup because what I get from RangersTV is excellent. In fact, Wednesday night hit a new high, with an absolutely outstanding quality of picture (true HD throughout) and not a single instance of buffering.

My personal view is that if the ‘source stream’ was the issue we’d all encounter the same problems. We don’t, not by a long way. So many variables, broadband speed, how many are using your broadband at the same time, how many apps are running in the background (for some reason FF open on another tab really screws the stream), the device you are using, the quality of the VPN you are using (if applicable), the location of the server you have chosen for the VPN (if applicable) etc etc. Many of those with ‘issues’ would do well to indulge in a bit of troubleshooting at their own end. Plenty advice available on here from several posters who have the time to try and help.

I ditched BT Sport last year and Sky goes next month because I wasn’t satisfied the product, for me, represented value. I guess it’s reasonable if others feel the same way about RangersTV. I will certainly, and happily, be maintaining my RangersTV subscription.

I understand what you're saying, but I'm running with a 350mb fibre broadband service and NordVPN, both of which should be way more than adequate regardless of which server I'm connected to. I shouldn't have to experiment with background apps and other troubleshooting, it should just work to justify that sort of payment. My Sky Sports package costs me a similar price and when I use it all 10 channels just work!

I understand what you're saying, but I'm running with a 350mb fibre broadband service and NordVPN, both of which should be way more than adequate regardless of which server I'm connected to. I shouldn't have to experiment with background apps and other troubleshooting, it should just work to justify that sort of payment. My Sky Sports package costs me a similar price and when I use it all 10 channels just work!

What device do you watch RTV on? For example, it used to run terribly on my old laptop.

I agree with what you say. However, my two years with RangersTV have, indeed, been virtually flawless.

Likewise mine. I read about the issues each week but have never suffered them.

All League games along with Europa qualifiers and all domestic cup games - that's been terrific value this season.

EDIT: 32 live games thus far. At the increased price of 240GBP, that's 7.50 per match. We're guaranteed another 18 League fixture plus at least 1 Scottish Cup tie. That's down to 4.70 per match.

Last edited:
It's £24 a month for unlimited when your latest subscription runs out - just a heads up - it's also a year after your last sub so nobody escapes and it also no longer gets auto renewed - so you might find yourself without a subscription. Raging too because the the last few years I have been paying both the standard and unlimited subscription under the same login.

Wish they had an annual option that was games only. I could do without the excess interview and training footage content.

You don’t have to watch it. I tend to just log in to watch live matches & don’t bother much with all the other interviews etc available.

It’s a godsend for those of us that can’t make the games and at least the money goes to the club. Personally I’ve never had any issues buffering. Appreciate the prices are going up, but that’s the way of the world unfortunately nowadays.

Another one that rarely has any issues with it. Generally if anything does go wrong, I'll close any other tabs/windows and refresh and it's fine. In fact, I get matches on Bein Sports here in Australia that have had loss of feed so I've had to switch on Rangers TV whilst waiting for it to come back on.

Main thing that could be improved for me is having pundits and a studio, and post match interviews as part of the live package, instead of having to wait however long to watch the post match interviews the club conducts.

Hopefully with the price increase and more people gradually subscribing, the product continues to improve too.

Your broadband speed is more than 5 times faster than mine - yet I have very few major issues. I listed that as just an example because we have at least one poster who regularly complains about RangersTV ‘not working’ on his 2.4Mbps broadband line. There are obviously other factors. My line speed is around 67Mbps but if I choose to watch in the living room, for example, my feed is routed into there via a Powerline adapter which then creates a new wireless network - my connection speed then drops accordingly. The server IS important because it will have a throughput speed: selecting a server nearer to the UK (France, Belgium etc) will have a faster throughput than selecting one on the West Coast of the USA for example. I guess what I’m saying is we all have our own setups that can, and almost certainly do, impact on our service.

You’ve probably a better package than 90% of RangersTV users - yet it sounds like more than 90% of us have a better experience than you. That wouldn’t be the case if the problem was down to the feed from RangersTV, would it?

Only issue I have right now is the inability to logout on my iPad. Weird. The new site does seem to have some ‘quirks’ with Apple devices. Bring on the App ha ha.

Last edited:
Wish they had an annual option that was games only. I could do without the excess interview and training footage content.

Hmm, then just watch the games then...and by-pass the other stuff (which many of us love). Folk pay Sky a fortune for their ‘450 channels’ or whatever, but probably watch less than 10 channels on a regular basis.

I’m not really sure what the point you are trying to make here is.

Have just re registered on new setup.
Do you have to have vpn on before you buy a game now?

Yes mate. If you don’t turn on the VPN you won’t even see the option to buy.

VPN on, got to website and click on the Subscribe to RangersTV tab. Match purchase will be first box that comes up.

What device do you watch RTV on? For example, it used to run terribly on my old laptop.

It varies between iPad and MacBook Air. Stranraer game was MacBook and the 1st 20 minutes of the 2nd half was poor. But as I said I’ll keep trying.

Think of the advantages of watching RTV. Decent half time food/drink of your own choosing. No smoky toilets and you don't have to leave early to catch the Subway

I’m sure it was £49 yearly up front. After change m, when I log in it gives me my renewal date and says £60 annual, so assuming there’s an increase coming.

Can’t really say I use it much, but it’s money to the club.

Hmm, then just watch the games then...and by-pass the other stuff (which many of us love). Folk pay Sky a fortune for their ‘450 channels’ or whatever, but probably watch less than 10 channels on a regular basis.

I’m not really sure what the point you are trying to make here is.

My point was I’d prefer the offering of a cheaper ‘games only’ season package. But keep the More expensive ‘all in’ package for those who want it.

Here in the USA, we can get a lot - not all - of the games on Bleacher Report. Game only is $2.99, Monthly pass is $9.99 and an annual subscription is $79.99.

A single game on RTV costs around $10.

I think they have a deal with BT or whoever carries the games in the UK but the cost is a lot less than RTV.

Here in the USA, we can get a lot - not all - of the games on Bleacher Report. Game only is $2.99, Monthly pass is $9.99 and an annual subscription is $79.99.

A single game on RTV costs around $10.

I think they have a deal with BT or whoever carries the games in the UK but the cost is a lot less than RTV.

This is what I started doing this season. From Killie Feb 12 to Celtic Mar 15 you’re getting 6/8 of our games for $6 pm (when purchasing the annual package). I use RTV now for some individual games in between.

what do you get for 5 a month
You can watch the full 90 mins of every game from midnight on match day.

You can access all the press conferences, player interviews etc

You can access all their archive of past matches.

I’ve got it so I can watch all the non-televised games as live. A fiver was great value likewise £6. In the space of 3 weeks we’ve got or will have 4 non-televised home games so even if the months overlap that’s £3 a game. Perfect if you can avoid the scores which isn’t tricky in Bedfordshire

I believe I'm still at £17 per month will find out mid February if it's went up

You need to set up all your billing details again before the renewal date. It shows you the price on that.

I'm annoyed as i've been trying to set up paypal as my payment method since launch and it's broken and no one appears to be fixing it!!

I pay the 17 a month at the moment and find it reasonable value. If the money didn't go to the club I might find it a bit expensive but since it does I'm more than happy with it. Less happy about 24 a month but will probably keep paying it for now.

I pay the 17 a month at the moment and find it reasonable value. If the money didn't go to the club I might find it a bit expensive but since it does I'm more than happy with it. Less happy about 24 a month but will probably keep paying it for now.

Also - used to have the 5 a month subscription and found it a no-brainer way of contributing to the club and getting decent content.

You need to set up all your billing details again before the renewal date. It shows you the price on that.

I'm annoyed as i've been trying to set up paypal as my payment method since launch and it's broken and no one appears to be fixing it!!

I‘m not sure that’s accurate mate. We’ve had no ‘instruction’ to setup new payment details at all. I know there is a section in your account to enter your card details (and FWIW I have done so). However, my understanding is that your existing payment details will be transferred across from WorldPay to the new provider with no action required on your part.

My next payment isn’t due until 13 Feb. My subscription is still shown as ‘live’ on WorldPay but I expect that to change before the payment becomes due. Indeed, some on here have already had emails from WorldPay advising them that RangersTV has cancelled their subscription. They appear to be making the transfers as you get close to a payment becoming due.

I‘m not sure that’s accurate mate. We’ve had no ‘instruction’ to setup new payment details at all. I know there is a section in your account to enter your card details (and FWIW I have done so). However, my understanding is that your existing payment details will be transferred across from WorldPay to the new provider with no action required on your part.

My next payment isn’t due until 13 Feb. My subscription is still shown as ‘live’ on WorldPay but I expect that to change before the payment becomes due. Indeed, some on here have already had emails from WorldPay advising them that RangersTV has cancelled their subscription. They appear to be making the transfers as you get close to a payment becoming due.

The email that came out stated;

"you can expect to see a cancellation notice of your current monthly subscription, but don't worry, your regular payments will continue on the usual date each month."

The email that came out stated;

"you can expect to see a cancellation notice of your current monthly subscription, but don't worry, your regular payments will continue on the usual date each month."

Yeah mate I know, that’s why I say no action is required on our part in relation to the transfer of payments.

I put my own card details in as an ‘experiment’ as I’d had a nightmare
in December trying to change card for the WorldPay debits.

You can watch the full 90 mins of every game from midnight on match day.

You can access all the press conferences, player interviews etc

You can access all their archive of past matches.

I’ve got it so I can watch all the non-televised games as live. A fiver was great value likewise £6. In the space of 3 weeks we’ve got or will have 4 non-televised home games so even if the months overlap that’s £3 a game. Perfect if you can avoid the scores which isn’t tricky in Bedfordshire

Fellow Bedfordshire bear here. I live in Cranfield.

Back