Match Thread RTV - Rangers vs Wigan - Match thread

Having had the pleasure to watch all 90 mins that have been on a screen so far this pre-season it's becoming clear (to me anyway) that this is the team that should have the starting 11 jersey's. Everyone else can fight to dislodge those guys.

Middleton--Morelos--Candeias
----Arfield--Coulibaly--Jack
Flanagan--Katic--Goldson--Tav
--------------McGregor
That would be my team also, Murphy played alright against Shkupi at home, that is it. Candeias offers far more wide right. I'd let him and Murphy fight it out for RW, Middleton and Kent for LW and let Windass push for ST.

Very, very pleasing performance and result. First time I’ve seen young Middleton.

What a prospect. If he wasted a cross in that game, I missed it.

Pleasing performance, 2nd half we stepped it up a gear. Everything is ticking over nicely, another clean sheet is immense giving the goals we hemorrhaged last season. On to Thursday.

Well, it is a slim distinction and you not reading something is not any kind of proof that it has not been said. Why not just keep out of it instead of getting yourself upset? Multiple times with multiple different posters?

Aye right ya are.

I wouldn't say it's slim distinction, but I will agree to disagree.

I'll not ask next time, people fire any old bullshit and repeat it until it's fact.

Really not seeing why people are moaning about the pen. It was pretty clear and not one single player even bothered appealing to the red or linesman. He got nowhere near the ball and took the man out.

Thoroughly enjoyed that. Good competitive game. Loads of good performances, good team performance, the effort levels never went down as the subs were made and we still had 4 players bursting to get up the field after defending a corner in the 87th minute. Deserved the win, could have been more and we've clocked up another clean sheet.

Thought it was Mark Allen, he was brought in for the youth set up not first team so doubt Murty would be involved.
Murty coached him at Norwich.

He cost us nothing, Middleton who was playing u23s at Norwich wanted first team football, Norwich couldn't guarantee him an opportunity so agreed to release him 1 year into a 2 1/2 year contract.

Very encouraging second half, we stepped it up and looked really good.

A lot of good performances with Middleton particularly impressive. Also really pleased with how Katic is doing, he looks an absolute steal

Replay of Sadiq nicking that ball at the edge of the box:

tenor.gif

Aye right ya are.

I wouldn't say it's slim distinction, but I will agree to disagree.

I'll not ask next time, people fire any old bullshit and repeat it until it's fact.
You think you are fighting the good fight against lies on here. What you actually look like you are doing is getting upset over people praising Candeias. As I said, that is what it looks like, not necessarily what it is.

I thought I saw Kris Boyd in the SJ Front, anybody else? The guys round about seemed to be having a bit of banter with him. Anyone confirm?

A good second half.

Middleton must be close to starting a competitive game.

Ref is clearly not an anti-English SNP voter since he gave them everything, even in a friendly.

Great to see Arfield back. He looks a good 'un.

I enjoyed that!

Middleton looks an excellent wee player, I'd have him on from the start every week. The team seemed to have a decent structure in this game, people knew what they were doing and did it well. Arfield looks quality as does Sadiq.
I honestly think Lafferty coming in would give us a good option and we'd be near the finished article all round. The fact we've not conceded and the defence looks so solid....

(yeah, sorry, they have a song called "Let's Go" and also one called "Go" but this one is the best!)

Thought it was Mark Allen, he was brought in for the youth set up not first team so doubt Murty would be involved.

My understanding was that Murty was aware of him from his time coaching youths at Norwich and wanted him to sign for us.

Job done. Now the serious shit happens. Looking forward to what should be a great Season. C'MON THE RANGERS! LET'S GO!!!!!!!

Work still in progress, can't wait for the finish article, well done today Rangers.
We certainly look in good shape, in relation to Thursday's game and the game against The Scum of the North on Sunday.

Great stuff.

Lets Go.

Very competitive and gives SG options in all areas of the team now. Morelos looking more confident , a few early goesls this season will get him going. Shop window for a few today. Let’s go Rangers !!

Scottish premiership defenders will be having nightmares about Sadiq,it strikes me he’s like Ted McMinn he doesn’t know what he plays off the cuff and once he gets up a head of steam he’ll be really hard to stop

Last edited:

Graeme Murty had Glenn in his Norwich youth team when he worked for them and was alerted that he was being let go by Norwich . Both Graeme Murty and Craig Mulholland played a part in bringing Glenn to Rangers this was a quote from Murty at the time we signed him .

“Glenn’s a really exciting player and I’ve known him for a long time. I was really surprised when I heard that he was able to leave Norwich. I was shocked to be honest,"

“I got straight on the phone to Craig Mulholland and we made it happen. He’s desperate to be here, he’s a passionate Rangers fan and he ticks lots of boxes.

Back