Rtv training video: Full contact resumes

As a matter of interest, what happened to Katic? Was it a challenge or a twist, I haven't seen anything regarding this.

Not sure if this video is from last week or this week, but Morelos is involved. Thought he was injured last week though?

As a matter of interest, what happened to Katic? Was it a challenge or a twist, I haven't seen anything regarding this.
That still bothers me. How can you get a serious injury in light training? I didn’t see much contact there. Given we have suffered so many of the same injury over the years you have to wonder if there is something in our training regime that somehow weakens the knee?

Murphy has been written off by a lot of us, including myself.

He reminds me of Forrest for them, not the best on the eye but consistently delivers in terms of goals & assists.

Excited to see what he can bring this season because he is head and shoulders above Barker and Jones.

Murphy and Stewart are quite similar imo.

I'd keep both around if it made financial sense but neither would start regularly bar injuries or suspensions. Murphy should probably end up making quite a few appearances from the bench I'd imagine.
I really like Stewart. He can make them and take them. I think Defoe likes playing beside him too on the rare occasions they have been given tome together.

Some good finishes from Murphy and Stewart.

Stewart was really talked up by Halliday on the Open Goal episode tonight.

He was unlucky last season. Scored doubles at home to Aberdeen & Hearts and also his performance linking up with Defoe at home in the 5 - 0 against Hamilton was excellent. Can remember Gerrard talking him up at one point then we didn't see him for ages.

Guys like him, Murphy and Jones though no world beaters, should be real options for us domestically. There's no doubt about it.

From the snippets in the full video you can make out the 3-minute match lineups were (to start with at least):

Tav, Goldson, Helander, Barisic;
Jack, Kamara, Arfield;
Aribo, Defoe, Hagi

vs.

Patterson, Mayo, Edmundson, Middleton;
Docherty, Davis, Middleton;
Stewart, Morelos, Murphy

To me it shows us that we’re slightly short at (1) LB cover until Bassey gets up to speed, (2) CB cover until Katic is fit again - though Mayo looks to be progressing well - and (3) CM/‘8’ if Aribo is to be played as a ‘10’ from now on.

Murphy has been written off by a lot of us, including myself.

He reminds me of Forrest for them, not the best on the eye but consistently delivers in terms of goals & assists.

Excited to see what he can bring this season because he is head and shoulders above Barker and Jones.
I think everyone has forgotten he was on fire before his injury. If he can come through pre-season unscathed and recapture that form again he could be a huge player for us this season

That still bothers me. How can you get a serious injury in light training? I didn’t see much contact there. Given we have suffered so many of the same injury over the years you have to wonder if there is something in our training regime that somehow weakens the knee?

Around 50% of cruciate injuries occur without any kind of contact, so although it's really unfortunate for Niko, it's not that much out of the ordinary.

I would hope one of Murphy or Stewart are moved on. Ideally both if it meant bringing in more quality.

Barker and Jones will be shifted before those 2 mate.

Stewart and Murphy can both contribute regularly with goals and assists.

They could both be useful against deep lying defensive teams, as they've proved they have a bit of craft and guile.

Both very good technical players.

Barker and Jones will be shifted before those 2 mate.

Stewart and Murphy can both contribute regularly with goals and assists.

They could both be useful against deep lying defensive teams, as they've proved they have a bit of craft and guile.

Both very good technical players.

Yeah, Barker and Jones are done.

If it's a case of shifting both Stewart and Murphy to bring in someone with more overall quality who can be trusted consistently then I'd take that every time. Otherwise, it's one or the other. Given he's on a much higher wage, I'd be shocked if Murphy was still here at the end of the window.

I don't think we need both.

Yeah, Barker and Jones are done.

If it's a case of shifting both Stewart and Murphy to bring in someone with more overall quality who can be trusted consistently then I'd take that every time. Otherwise, it's one or the other. Given he's on a much higher wage, I'd be shocked if Murphy was still here at the end of the window.

I don't think we need both.

One plays left and the other on the right, so I still see a place for both possibly mate.

They may not be 1st picks, but ideal cover.

Both good professionals too and have come back to training fit and ready.

Murphy and Stewart are quite similar imo.

I'd keep both around if it made financial sense but neither would start regularly bar injuries or suspensions. Murphy should probably end up making quite a few appearances from the bench I'd imagine.
jamie murphy is afar better technical player than stewart ,thought we missed him the 1st season he go injured ,he can open up the teams we were struggling to break down that sat in ,him being back fit can save us alot of money in the transfer window

Look at the size of mayo an utter tank these days

What are they feeding these kids

I first noticed it down at the pre season game against Mansfield last season.

They were a seriously physical side, with a couple of typical League 1/2 bruising strikers.

Mayo dominated them from start to finish.

He'll be the biggest of our central defenders.

Back