RTV Viewing Figures

Libertonchaz

Are there viewing figures published for every game watched live on RTV.

Just wondered as Ipswich had over 5,000 fans pay for the Accrington Stanley game which was the best in one night for league 1 for an away team. They have a platform called iFollow which is used by a lot of clubs.

Bit steep at £10.00 a game.

Last edited:

Just wondered as Ipswich had over 5,000 fans pay for the Accrington Stanley game which was the best in one night for league 1. They have a platform called iFollow.

I think that is the standard ifollow price but like us, season ticket holders get a vst for it. I do with my accy season ticket

Just wondered as Ipswich had over 5,000 fans pay for the Accrington Stanley game which was the best in one night for league 1. They have a platform called iFollow.

RTV is £10 a game as well

Business sensitive. Don't know if you'll be able to work it out in the Accounts or not
Oh totally! I don’t ever expect to see the info, unless perhaps by becoming a shareholder.

But it would be fascinating and potentially quite telling in many areas.

TV broadcasters do release viewing figures though.

Depends on accounting practices and how they will be shown their will be costs a right offs tied into income generated

Is also not going to be reflective with vst as that will skew numbers. Ie 3 season tickets in a house etc

This has came up a lot lately from some reason

BackNimbleCrab.webp

No.

Do Ipswich want some praise or something? 5k is nothing special. Was it not just recently 10k paid to watch ICT V Hearts? We will be tenfold multiples of that figure.

Do Ipswich want some praise or something? 5k is nothing special. Was it not just recently 10k paid to watch ICT V Hearts? We will be tenfold multiples of that figure.
Just pointing out what they said in relation to the game. Too bit honest a bit of a mister angry reply. Need to chill out.

Just pointing out what they said in relation to the game. Too bit honest a bit of a mister angry reply. Need to chill out.
Wasn’t a go at you mate more at Ipswich. 5k viewers is paltry in my view, and not just in comparison to Rangers. iFollow isn’t their own platform either, it’s the company engaged for all lower League clubs down there. I suspect 5k viewers will be fairly run-of-the mill.

Our own poster @das, the Stanley supporter, may have been one of those 5k viewers. Maybe he will have an idea of whether it’s worth bragging about those sort of numbers in the context of other games at that level. I’d imagine many more will have similar, or higher, figures.

Wasn’t a go at you mate more at Ipswich. 5k viewers is paltry in my view, and not just in comparison to Rangers. iFollow isn’t their own platform either, it’s the company engaged for all lower League clubs down there. I suspect 5k viewers will be fairly run-of-the mill.

Our own poster @das, the Stanley supporter, may have been one of those 5k viewers. Maybe he will have an idea of whether it’s worth bragging about those sort of numbers in the context of other games at that level. I’d imagine many more will have similar, or higher, figures.
No problem. I put it on as apprantly a record for an away team in league 1 And it would be interesting to see what figures the Gers attracted which i imagine is quite a lot more

Those would be Ipswich figures only as supporters log in via their own club and until recently get their own commentary so for accy away games it's usually radio Lancashire commentary but at the moment due to covid it's local commentary only. For crewe away recently it was radio Cheshire commentary.

We don't normally get viewing figures from accy but I would expect most would be vst and that's around the thousand season tickets.

Those would be Ipswich figures only as supporters log in via their own club and until recently get their own commentary so for accy away games it's usually radio Lancashire commentary but at the moment due to covid it's local commentary only. For crewe away recently it was radio Cheshire commentary.

We don't normally get viewing figures from accy but I would expect most would be vst and that's around the thousand season tickets.
Cheers. Good to see your club up there

A wee bit information

Both the home and away clubs can sell match passes via their respective website

In Sky Bet League One, Clubs must agree between themselves, on a match-by-match basis, the number of away match pass sales that the home Club keep the revenue for. The revenue from any sales above that number is kept by the away Club. The figure is decided by taking into account away attendances for the corresponding match in previous seasons.

Sorry got that slightly wrong. Record for an away team

That makes sense as they would all be paying the tenner. I think ifollow is different from up here as I think the club you are registered with get some of the money not just the home team.

As far as I'm aware as long as it's bcd or restricted capacity then home season ticket holders get a vst so I would expect the big clubs such as sunderland and Portsmouth to have more than 5,000 for home games

A wee bit information

Both the home and away clubs can sell match passes via their respective website

In Sky Bet League One, Clubs must agree between themselves, on a match-by-match basis, the number of away match pass sales that the home Club keep the revenue for. The revenue from any sales above that number is kept by the away Club. The figure is decided by taking into account away attendances for the corresponding match in previous seasons.
Cheers

Oh totally! I don’t ever expect to see the info, unless perhaps by becoming a shareholder.

But it would be fascinating and potentially quite telling in many areas.

TV broadcasters do release viewing figures though.
The big streaming services don't though. You'll never hear from Netflix or Prime or Disney+ how many watched unless they want to release them. They aren't legally obliged to and don't (publicly) share the data as they are reliant on subscription rather than ad revenue. It's just not standard business practice. I'd guess RTV don't for the same reasons.

Back