RTV/VST Viewers - Tips and Help - Updated With App Info

Log out of everything and wait 2hrs then log back in.

For some reason there’s a delay in RTV recognising that you’re logged out elsewhere.

i dont think its as along as 2hrs. I logged in into laptop but was already logged in on my PC for the Dundee Utd game at 2.30.

I got the logged in too many devices error so logged out of both, waited no more than 5 worrying minutes then was able to log into the laptop and play through the TV, barely missed much of the pre-match.

i dont think its as along as 2hrs. I logged in into laptop but was already logged in on my PC for the Dundee Utd game at 2.30.

I got the logged in too many devices error so logged out of both, waited no more than 5 worrying minutes then was able to log into the laptop and play through the TV, barely missed much of the pre-match.

Just thinking 2hrs would guarantee it.

You could constantly be delaying it if you kept logging in when it wasn’t ready.

Who knows :D

Can you get the app on android Tv ?

I have a Sony Bravia android v but cant find it on the google play store.

yet I can find the app on the phone

do I need to cast it? Or am I being an idiot and just cant see it?

Can someone please advise how I can sort this issue out and give me a little advice, as at a bare minimum I would prefer to watch the game on something resembling a TV, rather than my mobile?

Every time I log into Rangers TV, it states that I have too many devices registered, yet if I attempt to delete one or more, it makes no difference
Turn all devices off and log in with the one you intend to watch the game on.

If you like to watch the game on your PC/laptop then I advise deleting the App from your phone. The logout glitch makes the App more trouble than it’s worth IMO.

Also, one time I was having streaming issues. So I logged out at half time on one browser and tried to log in again on another browser at the start of the second half. You guessed it - too many devices!

If the stream freezes I’m now scared to hit refresh in case it kicks me out. You have to congratulate the club on finding new ways to annoy those willing to pay good money to watch RTV.

I’ve been using RTV for a couple of years, and it’s just in the last few weeks I’ve been having the same issue. Constantly changing passwords etc ...

I’ve been watching it via phone to the tv to cast it. Out the house tonight though and want to watch it on the iPad but feart to log in on it incase I get banned.

Any suggestions? Or am I being paranoid?
Just logged into my mac there and had to reset password as I added a ! the last time I changed the password (from through here I now know to change it to the same password). It is a simple process well practised by many on here..

I just log in via the web browser on my Samsung TV.

When you do that and you have to sign in do you find this a little bit tricky because you're using a tv remote? Im only asking as my e mail address has 25 characters and then you have to enter a password.

By the way Im not complaining. Im just interested.

Last edited:
Can you get the app on android Tv ?

I have a Sony Bravia android v but cant find it on the google play store.

yet I can find the app on the phone

do I need to cast it? Or am I being an idiot and just cant see it?

If you have Chromecast just use that. If not, buy one as they're excellent :)

I have the same issue which wouldn’t be a problem changing my password but the problem I have is I spelt my email address wrong when registering so Craog is receiving my reset link instead of me. Emailed rtv last night and heard nothing at all

Can someone please advise how I can sort this issue out and give me a little advice, as at a bare minimum I would prefer to watch the game on something resembling a TV, rather than my mobile?

Every time I log into Rangers TV, it states that I have too many devices registered, yet if I attempt to delete one or more, it makes no difference
Reset your password, worked for me. It kicks out all logged in devices

Tried to buy game last night on several devices it's now saying account blocked. How do I get it unblocked ? Cheers

Surprised at that I have emailed them and got an answer within minutes. I have had the too many devices problem a couple of times now onto my third password. I’m trying to not use the app and make sure I’m logged out on the ipad , so far this week so good.
I have the same issue which wouldn’t be a problem changing my password but the problem I have is I spelt my email address wrong when registering so Craog is receiving my reset link instead of me. Emailed rtv last night and heard nothing at all
iled

Surprised at that I have emailed them and got an answer within minutes. I have had the too many devices problem a couple of times now onto my third password. I’m trying to not use the app and make sure I’m logged out on the ipad , so far this week so good.

iled
Emailed them again incase it has went into the spam folder with Dundee’s vote

Can you view the match live through the RTV app for android ? And if so is there a part of the app that you need to go to?

Provided you've bought the game via the website. Cant buy on App due to Apple/Google grabbing 20%.

To get the game on the App, open the App and login. On the bottom menu bar it says Fixtures. Click on that and the forthcoming list of fixtures come up. Gala will be at the top. Nearer kick-off, probably just before 1900hrs, you should be able to click on that and get a pop-up for either Live Video or Live Audio. Pick Live Video and you should be good to go.

Provided you've bought the game via the website. Cant buy on App due to Apple/Google grabbing 20%.

To get the game on the App, open the App and login. On the bottom menu bar it says Fixtures. Click on that and the forthcoming list of fixtures come up. Gala will be at the top. Nearer kick-off, probably just before 1900hrs, you should be able to click on that and get a pop-up for either Live Video or Live Audio. Pick Live Video and you should be good to go.

Brilliant all seems to be working.

Do you know if you can do the same for the Home league matches on the Virtual ST ?

Assume you can't watch it through the web browser on a Smart TV?
Doesnt appear to work.

Ipad will suffice.

Bought the game last night on Brave browser on my phone then immediately signed out.

Daughter tried to log in on Silk browser to watch it and my account was blocked. Quick password reset and it's fixed and she has it on, but what a palaver. :rolleyes:

Anyone seeing it live yet?

Now asking me to subscribe or buy.:mad:

You are having a time of it. Login to the real RangersTV website. Click on the Live tab. Click on Live Video for tonight's game. There will be a screen that does say Subscribe of Buy but it will have a large Play icon in the middle.

Hopefully that is what you are seeing. If so, hit the Play icon.

If its not that at all, try clicking on Account in the top right and make sure your purchase of the game is recorded. If not, logout, clear cache/cookies and try again.

You are having a time of it. Login to the real RangersTV website. Click on the Live tab. Click on Live Video for tonight's game. There will be a screen that does say Subscribe of Buy but it will have a large Play icon in the middle.

If its not that at all, try clicking on Account in the top right and make sure your purchase of the game is recorded. If not, logout, clear cache/cookies and try again.
Getting a black screen. Is anyone else in that boat?

Mate I'm on that page,when I click on that big play button nothing happens.

It's in my purchase history as paid for.

They asked me to try Chrome instead of Firefox,that made no difference,now they're asking me to purchase again and they'll refund me,but it won't allow me to purchase again.

Watching through smart tv but can't get full screen to appear. Any ideas. Had same issue last week and got it to work but can't remember how. Help!

Back