RTV/VST Viewers - Tips and Help - Updated With App Info

Oleg_McNoleg

I’ve reset my password twice, been blocked, and got stuck at log-in. Now my voucher has apparently expired.
mate was on the phone to me while this was going on and he was watching with no problems at all.

Clinton Baptiste

Has anyone had issues logging in to your RTV account on the PS4 browser? Has worked flawlessly the last few times but this week it won’t let me log in even though details are correct. When I push the submit button at the login page %^*& all happens.

Rambers74

Has anyone had issues logging in to your RTV account on the PS4 browser? Has worked flawlessly the last few times but this week it won’t let me log in even though details are correct. When I push the submit button at the login page %^*& all happens.
Working fine on mine mate

Deek

Official Ticketer
I had this issue last game on my LG TV browser, switching to PS4 actually solved the issue so not much help there.

Believe it’s due to neither browser being supported.

govanfront85

I'm watching on it now. Just logged in and clicked on the video

das

Totally unwatchable today, I wish I'd paid the tenner to watch the Accy game instead now.

Sutton_Blows_goats

i had that on 3 different devices today mate, murder

karanja

Had a bit of buffering prematch(Roofe interview) but perfect during the whole game and half time.

adamski

Had to reset my password AGAIN for no reason.

Ran fine thereafter. Don't use the app, it's hopeless.

Blueboy1975

Never got any of the game on either the TV, the ipad or my android phone. Tried the TV 1st and wouldn't let me select after entering the email and password. Then tried ipad with same problem then the android. Then all I kept getting was a message saying connected to too many devices. Tried clearing search history and still no joy. Total joke of a set up. Tried resetting the password and still no joy. What is going on here?. Will be chasing this up with the club.

student_loyal

Official Ticketer
Never got any of the game on either the TV, the ipad or my android phone. Tried the TV 1st and wouldn't let me select after entering the email and password. Then tried ipad with same problem then the android. Then all I kept getting was a message saying connected to too many devices. Tried clearing search history and still no joy. Total joke of a set up. Tried resetting the password and still no joy. What is going on here?. Will be chasing this up with the club.

User error

aclark

I had this, then clicked the option in bold to change password. Then logged back in and was fine.

Talktalk

Your neighbours have hacked you and got the stream before you tried , all the time you were being told it’s connected to too many devices he was on his third tin of beer

Valley Bluenose

If you login in more than 1 device your account gets blocked. Password Reset normally solves the issue. Failing that its an email to support.

usbear

For the first half I was getting automatically logged off every 10 mins

The second half I had no problem

MrMosshead

It's easiest to pick a device and stick to it as if you login on multiple devices it detects it and you need to change your password. You'll need to reset your password to reset everything and then login on the device you plan on using. Happened to me during the Killie game when my laptop restarted for updates (imagine my rage) so I had to login on my phone for the end. Password reset fixed so just use my laptop now (with hdmi to the TV)

Valley Bluenose

Contact rtvsupport@streamamg.com - unfortunately, we've had to limit it to one device thanks to the SPFL

Interesting point @Greg Marshall. The Ts &Cs for RangersTV have long said ‘1 device only’ but it’s not really been enforced. I’ve been logged in on separate devices myself when problem-solving many times in the past. It’s being strictly enforced this season though. In fact I think it’s automated.

However, it seems to me that there are times when you actually do log out of one device before logging in on a second and ’the system’ doesn’t appear to register the logout. My guess is that it’s this which is causing the many issues we see with this. Having had problems myself I can say that logout doesn’t always work. I’ve taken to clearing cache/cookies every time before I even try to login to RangersTV these days,

Somebody posted advice above saying pick one device and stick to it for RangersTV. Not always practical but it might be an idea,

das

Interesting point @Greg Marshall. The Ts &Cs for RangersTV have long said ‘1 device only’ but it’s not really been enforced. I’ve been logged in on separate devices myself when problem-solving many times in the past. It’s being strictly enforced this season though. In fact I think it’s automated.

However, it seems to me that there are times when you actually do log out of one device before logging in on a second and ’the system’ doesn’t appear to register the logout. My guess is that it’s this which is causing the many issues we see with this. Having had problems myself I can say that logout doesn’t always work. I’ve taken to clearing cache/cookies every time before I even try to login to RangersTV these days,

Somebody posted advice above saying pick one device and stick to it for RangersTV. Not always practical but it might be an idea,
One of the problems with that is it can work fine for a while then one week it plays up. There doesn't seem to be much of a pattern to it either.

Valley Bluenose

One of the problems with that is it can work fine for a while then one week it plays up. There doesn't seem to be much of a pattern to it either.

Standard plan of attack for anyone should be clear cache/cookies and, if that doesn’t work, try a Password Reset. From feedback on here I’d suggest that works in over 95% of cases.

And the best bit of advice to supplement that is to not wait until half an hour before kick-off before discovering you have a problem. Stream is normally ‘live’, with the countdown clock, just under an hour before kick-off.

All that said, I still feel there is a ‘system’ issue in recognising logouts.

LongIslandBear

I'm guessing with the ramp up in users they introduced a 1 limit on log ins? That's fine I suppose but there seems to be a lag between log out.

I usually buy the game of one device (keyboard ease of payment) and watch on TV. I couldn't access on my TV at all or laptop and didn't always receive and error message it just sat there. Multiple password resets and it still didn't work. $9.99 to.watch it on mobile. Clunky as %^*&.

Anyone else have issues this weekend?

Dave Angell

I had watched the first couple of games through the RTV app on my iPhone & AirPlaying it through Apple TV, which was excellent quality & seamless. Is there a reason why they've stopped offering the games through that platform ?

Ended up hooking the laptop up to the TV and watching RTV through the Opera browser, but had to switch over to Chrome as the feed kept freezing up through Opera.

MarkD87

I had watched the first couple of games through the RTV app on my iPhone & AirPlaying it through Apple TV, which was excellent quality & seamless. Is there a reason why they've stopped offering the games through that platform ?

Ended up hooking the laptop up to the TV and watching RTV through the Opera browser, but had to switch over to Chrome as the feed kept freezing up through Opera.

I think because of the clamp down on multiple devices this isn't working so well. I normally cast from my phone through my Google Chromecast and this wasn't working for me. It might be because they see my phone and the Chromecast as two separate devices.

allygaitken

I'm guessing with the ramp up in users they introduced a 1 limit on log ins? That's fine I suppose but there seems to be a lag between log out.

I usually buy the game of one device (keyboard ease of payment) and watch on TV. I couldn't access on my TV at all or laptop and didn't always receive and error message it just sat there. Multiple password resets and it still didn't work. $9.99 to.watch it on mobile. Clunky as %^*&.

Anyone else have issues this weekend?

I tried to log in on the laptop and it stated "too many devices" I had originally set up my account on an imac and probably used a previous phone in the past but there was no option to remove these devices. I ended up watching the game on my mobile also!

change consent