RTV/VST Viewers - Tips and Help - Updated With App Info

As for last few games - casting from RTV app on phone to tv. Quality is excellent. But the picture ‘jumps’ every few seconds. Distracting. Anyone else getting this? Any fixes?

(Appreciate some others are having much worse problems.)

And as the game started and goes on the quality is quite poor now. Very pixelated as well as stuttering.

Gave up trying and will watch in full tomorrow. Absolute gutted, having a horrendous week and been looking forward to this.

Hope Alfie breaks record tonight

Finished with RTV. Only thing to look forward to these days is seeing the rangers and its a balls up. Just not good enough

Got in at half time. Had to reset my password. My password btw is saved on my Mac Pro/ apple key chain so it’s not like I forgot it or that I typed it in wrongly.

Think people need to calm down a bit here, it's not like RTV have done this on purpose and "don't want our money". It's a technical fault - a f8ck up - but RTV have been really good recently so I'd say just mark this down as a one off and hopefully move on to the next game.
I'm sure RTV will learn their lesson from this, since they must have lost a fortune!

Feel for everyone having problems. Happening too often.
I've got it on PC, Internet explorer. Working perfect.
Going to put fans off if this keeps up. Especially this season when it is set up perfectly for the armchair fan.

I know this isn’t a dick swinging thread but I’ve not had a single problem with RTV all season, aside from getting my account locked due to accidentally being signed in two places.

Went to watch the game at midnight UK time. Signed in ok on Silk browser, loaded the game, clicked play and nothing happened. Tried refreshing a few times but it just wouldn't play. Might have been a Silk browser issue though. :rolleyes:
Switched to the app on my phone and connected to Chromecast, got it playing that way then 15 minutes into the game, it jumped back to the start of the broadcast for no reason. Got back to where I was and it played fine from there but the picture was shit. Nowhere close to HD.

Two weeks in a row my RTV experience has been abysmal. It's beyond a joke.

I know this isn’t a dick swinging thread but I’ve not had a single problem with RTV all season, aside from getting my account locked due to accidentally being signed in two places.

Like you I had the 'Blocked' issue, back on 22nd August.
Since then I have 'ONLY' accessed RTV on the laptop connected to my TV via Edge browser & strictly stayed away from 4 other devices and 4 diff browsers & the RTV app.
As a result, since then, as previously, my game day experience has not given me 1 second of grief.
Today I logged into RTV 1 hour before kick-off, watched 2 videos before Emma Dodds came on.
Today's game, including the pre-game, H/T & post-game was THE best RTV I have experienced in over 10 years.
I had my game-day 'shit-show panic attack' missing all but a few minutes of the first half that was ... entirely my fault - I won't let it happen again.
It takes a little work to find a setup that works for individual Bears but RTV are not responsible for your connection/buffering issues ...

PS ... best advice I can give is - don't leave it to game day.

Last edited:
Not unless you pay for a RTV subscription in which personally I think is worth the buck.
You get full matches from midnight and other highlight packages from current and precious seasons, also a lot more content.

Hopefully everybody has got the hang of it now but here's a wee bump for today's game.

If you have a question, its probably been answered in this thread already.;)

As title I seen a post last week on here with instructions to download RTV onto fire stick but can't find it again any help appreciated

Won’t display properly as the app is utilised for phone screens not televisions.
Use silk browser it works perfect.
Incorrect mate. It works better through the app on fire stick than it does through silk browser. I use the app on fire stick. Far superior. The web player isn’t as good as the app player so it’s much smoother through the app.

The app appears stretched but fine once you ply the video and make it full screen

Silk Browser doesn’t work for me on my Fire TV. Nor does Firefox. I have to use the browser within the Downloader app.

Hope admin don’t mind posting instructions. It’s all legal just needs to be installed manually on fire stick as the app isn’t designed for fire sticks.

Rangers TV App install on fire stick:
  1. Use the downloader app on your fire stick and type in the link below to download the rangers tv app https://tinyurl.com/y6ejez8p
  2. When download is complete, install app open and check it launches ok then close app. The app will appear stretched as it’s not designed for fire stick however works perfectly fine (and will be full screen for games)
  3. Download and then Install the mouse toggle app using the below links in downloader as before, dependent on which Fire stick/tv device you have: Mouse Toggle 1.11 for Fire TV 1, Fire TV 2, Fire TV Stick 1, Fire TV Stick 2, Fire TV Cube: troypoint.com/mouse Mouse Toggle 1.06 for Fire TV 3, Fire TV Edition: troypoint.com/mouse106
  4. Launch mouse toggle and get familiar with it. (Instructional videos on YouTube)
  5. Open RTV app and login using top left then clicking login and logging in with your account details. You will need to use mouse toggle at all times to navigate the RTV app.
  6. Once logged in, click on fixtures at the top
  7. Then click on today’s game (not live yet), then click “video” when prompted.
  8. The game will launch however you will get an error. Simply click ok twice and the game will begin playing.
  9. Click full screen and the video will go full screen.

Can you not log in direct on a smart telly?

What is Silk?
Silk is the amazon fire stick browser that’s built in. You can use a tv browser if you wish. If you have a fire stick then the app is more stable and smoother than using tv browser or silk.

RangersTV Live Video button is red now. Should see the placeholder screen and the countdown timer (bottom right).

Moving pictures due at 1430hrs.

Last edited:
Logged in ok on laptop with Edge but keep getting message” this page is having a problem” And suggesting I refresh.
Is it just me ?

Back