RTV/VST Viewers - Tips and Help - Updated With App Info

The biggest issue is that it can be fine some weeks for people then the same set up and circumstances and it's a disaster another week. I was fine for the first few weeks with only a blip for the Kilmarnock game but Saturday was a shambles.

Why don't they run it off one connection to your public IP address then it doesn't matter how many devices are connected but they all have to be in close proximity to your router so at best people in the same household could watch it on different devices. That would at least allow people to find the right set up if one fails without having to miss parts of the game trying to log out, clear cache and cookies, log in elsewhere, reset password because it hasn't logged you out properly so blocked your account and then repeat.

It seems to be fine for some but then it was for me for a while so it might happen to them in the future. If they want us to pay all this money for season tickets then they should ensure that we at least get to see the game without the rigmarole we have had to face.

See post #940 mate. I can understand why Rangers would want to do this but, even if the Club were prepared to ignore it, seemingly it’s part of the direction from the SPFL - so presumably part of the arrangement with Sky. I know at least two other clubs - Dhims and Motherwell - do similar.

FWIW I like your idea.

See post #940 mate. I can understand why Rangers would want to do this but, even if the Club were prepared to ignore it, seemingly it’s part of the direction from the SPFL - so presumably part of the arrangement with Sky. I know at least two other clubs - Dhims and Motherwell - do similar.

FWIW I like your idea.
Yes, I saw that post. By using the public ip address it would still restrict it to the people in the same house so would make little difference as they would all have paid access to see it anyway.

If only we had a proper TV channel like other really big clubs then none of these issues would affect us and I might even have subscribed to it like I did the last time we had proper rangers tv

Yes, I saw that post. By using the public ip address it would still restrict it to the people in the same house so would make little difference as they would all have paid access to see it anyway.

If only we had a proper TV channel like other really big clubs then none of these issues would affect us and I might even have subscribed to it like I did the last time we had proper Rangers tv

In terms of a ‘proper’ tv channel the costs are massive. In football terms I make it just 9 teams. We outdo most of them on fan base. Possibly feasible if you are running at a massive profit or have a benefactor willing to cover the losses. Not for us - or the Dhims for that matter - as it’s a money-eater.

France - 1 (Olympique Lyonnaise)

Portugal - 3 (Porto, Benfica, Sporting)

Spain 2 (Barcelona, Real)

England - 3 (Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd)

Both Rangers and the Dhims gave it up as a loss maker.

To save me wading through 24 pages, other than the first one which I've read, does anyone have any tips for improving picture quality when connecting to the tv from a laptop using an hdmi?

To save me wading through 24 pages, other than the first one which I've read, does anyone have any tips for improving picture quality when connecting to the tv from a laptop using an hdmi?

Once you have the stream running go to the Settings cog (bottom right) and change it from Auto to 1080p (or lower).

Bear in mind that whilst you are connecting laptop-tv via HDMI (the optimum solution tbh) its probably even more relevant how the laptop is connected to your router. If it’s Wi-fi that will be poorer than via Ethernet. Distance from the router on Wi-fi will gave an impact as well. Broadband speed is relevant as well, as are the number of other users hogging bandwidth (kids in XBox, Mrs on Netflix etc).

Basically I guess what I’m saying is that if the quality is poor it’s probably at your end.

“One user” or “one device”. Don’t mean to be pedantic but it’s important. Also, who is in charge of RTV? Do you know?

I think it more accurate to say ‘one login’. I watch on multiple devices (not concurrently obviously) with no issue. Desktop at home, iPad if away from home and, currently (for tomorrow) my wife’s laptop as we are away visiting our son.

I think it more accurate to say ‘one login’. I watch on multiple devices (not concurrently obviously) with no issue. Desktop at home, iPad if away from home and, currently (for tomorrow) my wife’s laptop as we are away visiting our son.
Mate, I’m being serious when I say if you weren’t on here I’d have been screwed. I read other guys saying they got an email telling them about the one device log in. I got zilch, despite being a member from day 1 and knowing that they have my email. I tried contacting the old Rangers.tv. Support not knowing they had changed the support email. Again. It’s their job to keep subscribers updated on this, not mine. One I tried the new support email I got a reply in 48 hours. Fair enough. I sent a follow up question and got nothing and that was how long ago? My patience is wearing thin. We were all bending over backwards when we got shafted and sent to the lower divisions but people are now getting paid good money to run this. It’s a shambles. And as for the young lassie Alice who got binned? I reached out to her via twitter, as did other Bears, a season or two ago about the lack of mics in press conferences and the overall audio commentary. She didn’t even give a generic answer (as it was being asked a lot) but just ignored the questions. I’m starting to feel we are being taken for mugs across the board.
Thanks for all you do helping guys like me out with RTV. You should be on the payroll ffs!

Will be a bit of an unusual one for me today, using RTV while on UK shores for a change. Confined to my hotel room in LHR.

Wonder if anyone can help. Was about to pay my annual UK RTV subscription but looked like it would charge me £60 when as a MyGers member / Season Ticket holder I thought it was discounted to £54. Filled in all my details inc credit card but they didn’t seem to ask for any MyGers or season ticket details. Does the discount happen further down the line or what?

Wonder if anyone can help. Was about to pay my annual UK RTV subscription but looked like it would charge me £60 when as a MyGers member / Season Ticket holder I thought it was discounted to £54. Filled in all my details inc credit card but they didn’t seem to ask for any MyGers or season ticket details. Does the discount happen further down the line or what?

I'm not sure about it asking for details, but do you have your Rangers number linked to your RTV account?

I think I might have done this ages ago. How would I check if I have? And if not, would you know how?

Need to sign in on the RTV website. Check under my account, edit profile I think. If your Rangers number is in, you'll see it there. If its not, that box will be empty.

I presume once that's linked up the MyGers discount will then get automatically applied.

You can't do it on the app, only RTV website.

Need to sign in on the RTV website. Check under my account, edit profile I think. If your Rangers number is in, you'll see it there. If its not, that box will be empty.

I presume once that's linked up the MyGers discount will then get automatically applied.

You can't do it on the app, only RTV website.
Will try that and thanks for your help.

A very good question.

Game day, 22nd August, 56 minutes before kick-off
I sent an email as I had been blocked & 4 minutes later I received a reply with a link to reset my password.
Took me 3 password resets & almost all the first half to get it to work. Problem was The FireFox browser would not log-out ;-(((

Anyone having problems purchasing the Red Imps game. I keep trying the pay by card option. When I click the payment button the screen greys out then just returns to the previous screen. I keep checking for confirmation of purchase but theres nothing there.

Anyone else having trouble with it?
Went on there to look at some interviews, it said I'm logged out, despite since downloading everytime I went on I was logged in.
Try to log in and it just keeps refreshing to the log in page.
Details are correct as I went to the website and got logged in no problem.
It is a bit of a pain as it's easier to watch the game from ap than it is from the website.

What time does coverage start?

And is everyone getting the 'coming soon' icon beside the fixture info?

I logged onto the website to buy the game then went onto my app so I could cast it to my telly but the app has now logged me out and said I’m logged into too many devices. I’m currently only logged into the website and can’t get on the app.

I logged onto the website to buy the game then went onto my app so I could cast it to my telly but the app has now logged me out and said I’m logged into too many devices. I’m currently only logged into the website and can’t get on the app.
This is exactly what happened to me, I had to reset my password now it's fine

You need to click log out on the website and close the browser completely, that should make the server spot that you have logged out of the website.

Exactly the same as me.

That happened on Saturday as well so I made sure I was able to log in to the App this morning which I was and logged back out as I knew I’d be buying the match this afternoon and needed to log in on website.

Bought the game 5 mins, logged out of website. WIted a few minutes and I now can’t log into the App. ‘Your account has reached the maximum amount of log ins!!

You can’t be logged in twice and appear to be saying you are logged in on the website and are now trying to login on the App.

Try clearing cookies/cache on your web browser first and then try the App again. It might work.

You might need to do a Password Reset/Forgotten Password to unlock your account. In most cases that will work. You can reuse the old password.

Anyone able to assist, I’ve logged in and paid for the game. Been watching the build up and now it’s stopped and saying “blocked content, you are not allowed to watch this video”.

This is another shambles.

Forgotten password didn’t work for me on Saturday and unfortunately hasn’t worked now after two attempts.

It seems if you log in to the website to buy the match then you will be blocked from using the App even if you log out of website.

Anyone able to assist, I’ve logged in and paid for the game. Been watching the build up and now it’s stopped and saying “blocked content, you are not allowed to watch this video”.

Sounds like you're account is logged in twice (have you left yourself signed in on the App?). Do a Password Reset/Forgotten Password (you can reuse the old one) and then make sure you only sign in once.

This is another shambles.

Forgotten password didn’t work for me on Saturday and unfortunately hasn’t worked now after two attempts.

It seems if you log in to the website to buy the match then you will be blocked from using the App even if you log out of website.

Clear cache/cookies and try the Reset again.

Just had the same problem

Sounds like you're account is logged in twice (have you left yourself signed in on the App?). Do a Password Reset/Forgotten Password (you can reuse the old one) and then make sure you only sign in once.
Yea, I thought that too. I checked and I was only logged in on chrome browser. It’s working fine now after resetting WiFi. So guessing it was a connection issue.
thanks for your reply.

Any other international subscribers who usually get the euro qualifiers included being prompted to buy this game on PPV?

Hope im not derailing the thread but its working tremendous today.
Firestick hardwired, Silk browser. Perfect.

I'm just seeing this rather than the game

1a347e4b2289d2d5e71f1583811d5579.png

Mines keeps pixelating, is that the broadcast or my local internet?

happened right when their keeper took a goal kick just then

Absolute joke. Can’t get logged into the app as I’m logged in elsewhere apparently. Same issue at the weekend. Not logged in on any browser but still keeps giving me this stupid message.

Back