Rui Costa (Benfica)

I turned the TV off at the final whistle.. what happened mate

Jorge Jesus barely acknowledged Gerrard at full time so Gerrard had words with Rui Costa to say tell yer pal to sort it out and Rui Costa tried to keep the peace (I think). Gerrard appeared to tell Rui Costa to bolt too. Rui Costa did come across slightly patronising, grabbing Gerrard's cheeks. He was one step away from ruffling his hair and saying "there, there now".

I had a couple of drinks with him in Villamoura in 1998.
Gentleman and decent guy.
I considered myself a very fit amateur footballer with not a bad physique. I looked fat as f.uck next to him lol.
Must have been a lot of drinks if you considered yourself that ffs, ha !

Jesus looks like a shampoo advert for really expensive shampoo that's just lucky it's still got a job as shampoo

That fkin looks like a kerryfail tweet tonight

Great player, part of the wonderful Milan team with Gattuso, Seedorf, Pirlo. I think he was a record transfer in Serie A at the time.

There manager looked like a dick that lacked class. Almost as if he though benfica would walk over us and was annoyed that after 2 games he couldn’t better us

That was my take on it, arrogant pr*ck thought his expensively assembled squad would sort us out but the truth is he failed to best a team on a fraction of his budget, led by a manager with less than 3 years experience, he's not that popular with Benfica fans I believe and you can see why.

That was my take on it, arrogant pr*ck thought his expensively assembled squad would sort us out but the truth is he failed to best a team on a fraction of his budget, led by a manager with less than 3 years experience, he's not that popular with Benfica fans I believe and you can see why.
He’s a very successful coach can’t deny that but clearly a very arrogant man who thinks benfica should beat everyone that isn’t called Bayern Munich or Liverpool

Wait, we still talking about the Benfica manager or Lennon?

Wait for the Record piece on “Gerrard lack of respect for experienced European manager“

Gerrards lack of respect for established managers is excellent.

That's faith terim and the painting out of Ghostbusters 2 been upset by him.

Absolutely superb. It was bugging me all night!

514k6AFRSKL.__AC_SX342_QL70_ML2_.jpg

JJ-Final.jpg

I had a couple of drinks with him in Villamoura in 1998.
Gentleman and decent guy.
I considered myself a very fit amateur footballer with not a bad physique. I looked fat as f.uck next to him lol.
McKenzie 7 on the back of your shirt ? :D

There manager looked like a dick that lacked class. Almost as if he though benfica would walk over us and was annoyed that after 2 games he couldn’t better us
He said before the first leg in Portugal that they had a 90% chance of winning this tie.Not sure about chat before last night but his gas was put firmly on the peep.A utter fanny and showed himself up.Costa looked a bit embarrassed immediately after the whistle and I thought Gerrard was going to tell him to get to fu*k at one point.

I really hope Rui Costa doesn’t test positive for Covid in the next few days, his hands were on SG’s face ffs, totally out of order in these times.

Their manger is a fud and was treated as such.

Mr Edgar will ask all the probing questions at the next press conference!! Although I'd imagine McAllister is on duty

Back