Rules scenario / query

Nah it’s been answered with the rules earlier in the thread.

Advantage allowed to continue. Send the lad off at the sooner of:

- next break in play
- next time he actively interferes in play.
Yep I’m half pished and having a bit of a nightmare :))

The cautionable offence would be to stop the promising attack, it hasn’t been stopped in that instance. IF the tackle was deemed reckless But advantages played than a caution should still be issued.

How about this one? I don't know the answer.

Player A (white team) and Player B (white team) have both been booked earlier in the game. Player A scores a goal and during the celebrations Player B removes Player A's shirt.

Who gets a second yellow? A, B, both or neither?

I’d agree the goal stands. Bit of a bastard if it happens against at you.

However, could/should the referee not pull it back for the foul/booking when the keeper saves it, ie the advantage fails to materialise? There’s arguments both ways in all honesty.
This. The ref should pull it back when there was no advantage and send off the boy that made the foul

Player A (white team) and Player B (white team) have both been booked earlier in the game. Player A scores a goal and during the celebrations Player B removes Player A's shirt.

Fifa law 12

A player must be cautioned for removing the shirt or covering the head with the shirt.

Under that it would be the player who removes the shirt (player B) as the rule does not explicitly state it can only be for removing their own shirt.

That's 3 boring posters.....so far

THREAD POLIS

0-CF43026-FCFF-4-ED7-A8-E8-6-E19-E19-C3196.jpg

Thats a whole different game you're playing lad

How is there no advantage? x
Because he never scored. The rules of the game define that in this scenario no advantage is gained. As soon as the goalie touches the ball the ref will blow and pull it back. Send off the boy for the foul and award a free kick

The advantage scenario is over once the goalkeeper has the ball. At this point the referee should stop the game and issue the card if he believes the offence was worthy of a card. Otherwise game on.

Law 12 part 3 apparently:

Advantage should not be applied in situations involving serious foul play, violent conduct or a second cautionable offence unless there is a clear opportunity to score a goal. The referee must send off the player when the ball is next out of play, but if the player plays the ball or challenges/interferes with an opponent, the referee will stop play, send off the player and restart with an indirect free kick, unless the player committed a more serious offence.
Somebody who knows the rules stopping an interesting debate

Law 12 part 3 apparently:

Advantage should not be applied in situations involving serious foul play, violent conduct or a second cautionable offence unless there is a clear opportunity to score a goal. The referee must send off the player when the ball is next out of play, but if the player plays the ball or challenges/interferes with an opponent, the referee will stop play, send off the player and restart with an indirect free kick, unless the player committed a more serious offence.
Ok that clears it up nicely. Play advatage as theres a clear goal scoring opportunity. Gets shot away so advantage is over. Play on until player A touches ball or it goes out of play, then send him off.

But here's the thing. What defines a 'clear goal scoring opportunity?' Bit ambiguous for my liking :))

Because he never scored. The rules of the game define that in this scenario no advantage is gained. As soon as the goalie touches the ball the ref will blow and pull it back. Send off the boy for the foul and award a free kick

Scoring a goal (or not) doesn't define 'advantage' mate.

The Laws of the Game define no such thing and the referee would not be blowing to pull it back.

Had this come up in discussion and we never got to an answer. What’s the views / ruling on here?

I’ll stress that I don’t know the answer.
I think the goal stands and it’s just an unfortunate quirk of the game.

Player A (red team) is booked earlier in the game.

Later on in the game, Player B (blue team) is running through and player A wipes him out for a clear second yellow.

However his teammate runs onto the ball, therefore the ref plays advantage. Said teammate has a shot at goal which the keeper catches. So the ball remains in play.

Goalkeeper kicks it out, player A controls it and then scores.

So - if you’ve followed it - a player who should have been sent off ends up scoring a goal and (presumably) being sent off after as the ball is now dead.

Is that the correct ruling?
When I took my badge (and it’s many moons ago) if The Ref was going to dismiss a player he must stop the game immediately and dismiss the player.

Had this come up in discussion and we never got to an answer. What’s the views / ruling on here?

I’ll stress that I don’t know the answer.
I think the goal stands and it’s just an unfortunate quirk of the game.

Player A (red team) is booked earlier in the game.

Later on in the game, Player B (blue team) is running through and player A wipes him out for a clear second yellow.

However his teammate runs onto the ball, therefore the ref plays advantage. Said teammate has a shot at goal which the keeper catches. So the ball remains in play.

Goalkeeper kicks it out, player A controls it and then scores.

So - if you’ve followed it - a player who should have been sent off ends up scoring a goal and (presumably) being sent off after as the ball is now dead.

Is that the correct ruling?

goal stands and subsequent yellow and iff

If the player doesn't score the ref would pull it back every single time.

No mate. I mean sometimes that will be the case but the situation will dictate and it's certainly not 'every single time'.

Only way it would be pulled back is if the attacking team are DISADVANTAGED due to the foul being committed. In this scenario attacking player was stopped from shooting/running in on goal by the foul. Second attacking player then runs on to it and gets a shot at goal so essentially attacking team have still managed to do what the foul tried to stop them from doing. THAT'S the advantage. They don't then get a another chance to score just because they couldnt put it in the net the first time.

Not really. That states 'unless there is a goal scoring opportunity'. Seeing as the ball ends up with the keeper because of a shot, advantage was the correct decision and play can now only be stopped when the ball is next out of play.

Goal stands, player is sent off.
Referee can stop the game any time he deems fit. There is many occasions when this happens during a game.

No mate. I mean sometimes that will be the case but the situation will dictate and it's certainly not 'every single time'.

Only way it would be pulled back is if the attacking team are DISADVANTAGED due to the foul being committed. In this scenario attacking player was stopped from shooting/running in on goal by the foul. Second attacking player then runs on to it and gets a shot at goal so essentially attacking team have still managed to do what the foul tried to stop them from doing. THAT'S the advantage. They don't then get a another chance to score just because they couldnt put it in the net the first time.

Well put.

I agree with that, but if the referee intends to send the player off for the original foul he won't allow the play to go on once the goalie touches it.

Could the ref blow the second player A touches it then? Ungentlemanly conduct as he should already be red carded,

No could about it, that’s exactly what would happen.

Not a dig at the poster I’m quoting but....

The actual law on this scenario has been posted earlier in the thread, that’s not opinion. Player A will be issued a second caution on either becoming active in the game or at the next stoppage.

Back