Ruling On Latest Fat Mike Court Case – Still Waiting...

aclark

The initial fear that I had.
Sounds like bad news surely?

Hints that Ashley will remain involved?

Surely if Rangers Retail is Ashleys then we've won...?

Company strike off, also referred to as Dissolution, is the process by which a Limited Company is removed from the register by Companies House. The processes effectively marks the company as non-existent for all intent and purpose. You 'Strike Off' a company using form DS01.

Coop

Company strike off, also referred to as Dissolution, is the process by which a Limited Company is removed from the register by Companies House. The processes effectively marks the company as non-existent for all intent and purpose. You 'Strike Off' a company using form DS01.
This is my thinking.

PrideOfGovanLoyal

Yes but the strike off action has been suspended according to that post so sounds like he's sticking around.

kidkoala1872

It's Ashley's company I believe.
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08142409/filing-history

Looking through the history looks like we have gained control of Rangers Retail Ltd, I could be reading it wrong but Ashley/Easdales etc have all been removed as Directors and then The Rangers Football Club Limited became registered persons of significant interest in Aug 17, does this mean that this is a good thing that the Strike off has been suspended?

dudzo

Official Ticketer

Is it not to stop the dissolution of the company?

PrideOfGovanLoyal

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08142409/filing-history

Looking through the history looks like we have gained control of Rangers Retail Ltd, I could be reading it wrong but Ashley/Easdales etc have all been removed as Directors and then The Rangers Football Club Limited became registered persons of significant interest in Aug 17, does this mean that this is a good thing that the Strike off has been suspended?
No idea tbh mate. It's all just guesswork at this point anyway & I'm no expert. The strike off being suspended could mean anything really.

Superrangers

Hasn’t it been put on hold though? Or am I reading this wrong?

weetam3106

Rangers Retail has two active directors. Our Dave and a sports direct henchman. If that is being dissolved then it’s good news, Hopefully ELITE GROUP which I think runs the online and Gers store at st Enoch takes over.

It may explain the megastore closure not sure I understand the “on hold” bit though. I see this via companies house.

Company status
Active — Active proposal to strike off

the_paceman

Rangers Retail has two active directors. Our Dave and a sports direct henchman. If that is being dissolved then it’s good news, Hopefully ELITE GROUP which I think runs the online and Gers store at st Enoch takes over.

It may explain the megastore closure not sure I understand the “on hold” bit though. I see this via companies house.

Company status
Active — Active proposal to strike off
Read the filing history
Strike off was postponed 8/6/19

AEW

The reason they’ve stopped it because they don’t want to lose the megastore if it’s dissolved ownership goes to the crown so it’s in our best interest to stop this from happening and trying to regain control of our club shop

Alex Hunter

With no knowledge of these kind of things - until more details come out surely we can’t assume whether this is good or bad.

If it’s being postponed, would that automatically mean the SD chap remains involved? Could it possibly be postponed with Rangers Retail coming back under our full control, to work alongside Elite?

It’s all total guesswork for now surely.

RupertDeBoer

I think that when we renegotiated a few years ago, we still traded with SD through Rangers Retail. Earlier in the litigation, we accused SD of failing to supply numbers of tops sold and the money we were due. I think the payment was supposed to come in the form of a dividend from RR Ltd.

SDI still own 51% of RR. I think we may have objected to strike off to ensure we get our due but its an educated guess.

Valley Bluenose

Rangers Retail was never Ashley, it's always been ours - dating back to Wallace and Stockbridge to most recently King as directors.
It was/is a joint venture. At a guess - and it’s nothing more - I’d suggest it was being compulsory struck off due to the absence of records and documents being filed as and when due. That could have been stopped because someone (presumably SDI) has filed up to date records. They may, or may not, have done so as a result of or as part of the ongoing dispute.

Whether that’s good or bad is anyone’s guess. We are all just indulging in guesswork here.

AEW

Seems that way sadly.
The reason they’ve stopped it because they don’t want to lose the megastore if it’s dissolved ownership goes to the crown so it’s in our best interest to stop this from happening and trying to regain control of our club shop

aclark

How do you know?