Ruling On Latest Fat Mike Court Case – Still Waiting...

Northampton Lodger

As long as we can keep buying from Hummel then it should be okay. The biggest danger is our own supporters, those that still don't get it and would go to the junk store if it saved them a fiver.

Ricksen

Do you really think Rangers / Elite / Hummel can simply continue selling kit in breach of a contract with sports direct and there will be no ramifications for the club.
So we can’t buy online or from other stores without the parasite getting most of the money?

Dempster

If I understand it correctly he only has to fail to match once and that is it over.
Can’t we just tell elite to offer us a ridiculously favourable deal for one year and then SDI won’t mstch it if that’s the case ?

PrideOfGovanLoyal

So we can’t buy online or from other stores without the parasite getting most of the money?
We will find out exactly what the ramifications are from buying from elite in a later court case, but I have to say based on everything so far it doesn't look good. Think we will be hit with hefty penalties and fees to pay to SD.

Greebo

That's not what I said. The support can buy from whoever they want and Ashley is not getting anything from that.

I asked if you thought Rangers could simply keep breaching the contract with SD without there being any consequences for the club. Like being sued.

Laudrup1

Not so bad ? It’s got to be the worst deal ever signed . In history .

We need rid ASAP or this rodent .
No, he's saying that the fact we can buy from Elite and Hummel isn't so had.

It's not difficult. We just continue to boycott SD store and buy from St Enoch.

Mexi

Are SD paying ground rent for the superstore? There must be a clause in the contract where they must open for a minimum number of hours per week

Bootboy72

I’m a bit glaikit, except for the point of never setting foot in one of the fat man’s jumble sales; can we still buy from the Gers store online and from the shop in St Enoch Square?

Greebo

Can’t we just tell elite to offer us a ridiculously favourable deal for one year and then SDI won’t mstch it if that’s the case ?
Sorry but why would they do that, and if it was not commercially viable do you not think Ashley would be straight to Court.

Dempster

Sorry but why would they do that, and if it was not commercially viable do you not think Ashley would be straight to Court.
They could do it for one year knowing we will have a future working relationship with them once did of SDI .

The way you are saying it makes it seem impossible to ever be rid of SD

supersonic

Official Ticketer
Have we to go back to lionbrand now ? What’s happening here ? What about hummell ?

It’s a minefield . Someone needs to take the lead on this before it becomes a mess . You’ll end up some will buy from Hummel , some will buy from lionbramd , and some still sadly from sports bloody direct . Sick to my stomach
No keep buying the hummel kit from the st enoch store. Simple

Greebo

They could do it for one year knowing we will have a future working relationship with them once did of SDI .

The way you are saying it makes it seem impossible to ever be rid of SD
No I didn't and if you took it that way I have obviously expressed myself badly.

As I understand it they have the right to match every year, until they do not take up that deal. Then that right is gone forever.

Stanley Yelnats

We need a list of things we can buy from Rangers that goes straight to the club. I need to know where to put my hard earned when I come up for a match.
•Rangers Pools
•Rangers Lotto
•Match Programmes
•Rising Stars tickets
•Season tickets/match tickets
•Rangers bricks
•Merch from St Enoch Store/https://www.thegersstoreonline.com/

All of the above goes to Rangers.

ThomasMRFC

We need to win 55 and stop 10 in a row ASAP. Once that’s out the way the board can then turn there focus on this Cos the fans won’t be dying for success. Spend a summer transfer budget getting out of this contract. If that means no signings for a year then with 10 stopped and 55 in the bag I think the fans would accept one year where we are unlikely to get success. This needs to be kicked down the road till after that event.

Dempster

No I didn't and if you took it that way I have obviously expressed myself badly.

As I understand it they have the right to match every year, until they do not take up that deal. Then that right is gone forever.
I just can’t get my head around this right to match forever . What do they gain if they aren’t selling any stuff ?

bobally

Rangers should think about taking retail inhouse and running it non profit, if SD choose to match that then it will show they are not doing it for commercial reasons and would possibly give us an option to go and try break the pertuity aspect of the current agreement.

Dempster

Rangers should think about taking retail inhouse and running it non profit, if SD choose to match that then it will show they are not doing it for commercial reasons and would possibly give us an option to go and try break the pertuity aspect of the current agreement.
This is the kind of thing we should look at.

If SD keep matching even non profit offers then surely a judge can see through that and terminate them ?

ThomasMRFC

Why didn’t the board challenge it when they first got power. That was the time. Say it wasn’t in best interests of shareholders and not in good faith. The fact they let it run in a legal sense suggested they were fine with it. Only way out is either go non profit for a year and if they match challenge it and say it’s not in anyone’s interests. Or agree with a retailer eg elite that next year they give us 100% of profit so Ashley won’t match. Although he might because he’s clearly not doing this for money and then next year we give elite 100%

Why didn’t the board challenge it when they first got power. That was the time. Say it wasn’t in best interests of shareholders and not in good faith. The fact they let it run in a legal sense suggested they were fine with it. Only way out is either go non profit for a year and if they match challenge it and say it’s not in anyone’s interests. Or agree with a retailer eg elite that next year they give us 100% of profit so Ashley won’t match. Although he might because he’s clearly not doing this for money and then next year we give elite 100%
They renegotiated elements of the financial arragements, and then the length.

We're now onto various clauses, but to say the board haven't challenged it since they took over is highly mis-leading.

ThomasMRFC

They renegotiated elements of the financial arragements, and then the length.

We're now onto various clauses, but to say the board haven't challenged it since they took over is highly mis-leading.
I’m not saying they didn’t challenge aspects and renegotiated it (which now seems pointless waste of 3 million) but they should challenged the legality of the whole contract and tried to get it declared void

Gramps1

Official Ticketer
Not reading back because it sickens me but I take it that fat lady's front bottom won.
Question-Does it change anything??
We still buy from the Rangers shops and not the megastore and sports direct still don’t get our strips?

Zander73

Not reading back because it sickens me but I take it that fat lady's front bottom won.
Question-Does it change anything??
We still buy from the Rangers shops and not the megastore and sports direct still don’t get our stripes?
That last thread was chopped. Has the news changed or is it still the same?

ThomasMRFC

This is gonna cost us millions . They judge agreed with SD on everything. If the contract states they get 95% of profit after costs. Then whatever we sold in last year they will be entitled to 95%. Then they will be entitled to damages. Which could be a extra million and then legal fees paid. This could easily go above 5 million. Starting to wonder if this is the reason we haven’t been linked to any big money signings this summer .

Stanley Yelnats

This is gonna cost us millions . They judge agreed with SD on everything. If the contract states they get 95% of profit after costs. Then whatever we sold in last year they will be entitled to 95%. Then they will be entitled to damages. Which could be a extra million and then legal fees paid. This could easily go above 5 million. Starting to wonder if this is the reason we haven’t been linked to any big money signings this summer .
Where have you plucked the 95% from?

Craig

Here's a decent summary, written prior to todays judgement:

https://www.lawinsport.com/topics/articles/item/football-kit-supplier-deals-lessons-for-clubs-on-matching-rights-from-the-sports-direct-v-rangers-fc-case

Basically SD ensured every I and T were dotted and crossed.

Now Ashley is a parasitical bastard but why oh fucking why didn't Kings legal team advise him of what he was tying himself into when he signed the new deal (after giving the fat cunt 3 million).

I'd be surprised if we're granted a further appeal.

Zander73

Ffs

Gramps1

Official Ticketer

Whit???

No chance is Ashley getting 95% of the profit of our merch sales from gerstore?

longtimedead

Did WE sell anything ?

I know Hummel and Elite have .....