Ruling On Latest Fat Mike Court Case – Still Waiting...

Been too many coincidences.

I'll never be shifted from the view that Ashley, Shyte, Green, the D&P rogues and numerous others had the entire business carved up and parcelled into nice little bundles of cash for themselves before Murray sold us down the Suwannee.

I will never be able to get my head round how D&P got away with appointing Green as preferred bidder when they had a larger offer on the table from The Blue Knights. What is the point of an administrator, if not to extract the maximum value for creditors or to return the company to rude health.

I'll never be shifted from the view that Ashley, Shyte, Green, the D&P rogues and numerous others had the entire business carved up and parcelled into nice little bundles of cash for themselves before Murray sold us down the Suwannee.

I will never be able to get my head round how D&P got away with appointing Green as preferred bidder when they had a larger offer on the table from The Blue Knights. What is the point of an administrator, if not to extract the maximum value for creditors or to return the company to rude health.

It has never been properly explained how these parties managed to do that. I'd still like to hear it.

I still think Ashley was in cahoots with Dermot Desmond. They must have shook hands on a deal where he would try to hinder us for years so as to leave them free runs at the champions league for years. Desmond is another evil bastard who is cut from the same cloth as Liewell
Desmond has cut off his nose to spite his face then.

The pikey nonce let his ego shoot to his head and offered TLB the job for next year on an impulse, and that shake of the hands really did occur in the showers. They’re in for a massive shock next season.

Spoke to someone who knows the store manager earlier. Says the shop will only be open on match days during the close season till season starts.
So midweek they just closed the doors and walked away till the first home match, no notice or notices on the front doors. Stock just sitting on racks gathering dust, can't see that being allowed to happen. But with the Fat Man anything is possible I suppose.

Reactions: o7o
So midweek they just closed the doors and walked away till the first home match, no notice or notices on the front doors. Stock just sitting on racks gathering dust, can't see that being allowed to happen. But with the Fat Man anything is possible I suppose.
Its old stock gathering dust then as he's not had any of the new stock for a while.
The fat cockney lady's front bottom.

Remember a year or so before whyte,Murray and Bain were on there way in London to conclude a deal selling the club and changed their minds on the way.i wonder if it was Ashley we were being sold to.

He repeated those claims in court during the Whyte trial.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/920973/david-murray-rangers-finance-craig-whyte-trial/

Sir David, who wore glasses and sat as he gave evidence, said he'd almost sold the club in 2007 but had walked away from the deal after hearing the perspective owner's plans.
He said: "At the last minute the buyer told me how he was going to run the club and I didn't think it was in the best interests of the club so I got up from the table and left the room.

Mike Ashley bought Newcastle in May 2007 in a whirlwind deal. He was open and upfront with then owner Sir John Hall as to his motives.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sir-john-hall-sold-newcastle-13187478

Sir John adds: “I asked Ashley: ‘Why do you want to buy Newcastle?’
“These are the words he said to me: ‘Newcastle United is a brand, and we want to sell our products in the Far East. We think the two to go together. Newcastle United will help us sell our goods in the Far East.’

I've been checking the English case report websites every now and again, and there's still no sign of a judgment here. I think if it was just a case of a final judgment having been given to the parties but withheld from publication for a period it would probably have been released by now.

One thing that should maybe be kept in mind is that the judgment fixing the "speedy trial" confirmed that the question of damages was being put on hold pending the outcome of the "speedy trial." The trial was just to determine the declarators and injunctions. One possibility is that's happened and parties are now making submissions on the next question of damages etc, but who knows. Equally there may be no decision at all yet, and the judge has just continued the case on for more time to issue one.

I think the Rangers Retail Limited stuff is probably coincidental. This company isn't involved in any of the current actions as far as I can see. Companies House says that RRL are late with their annual accounts. It may just be that has led to the query about whether RRL are still operating, which then led to the application.

RRL's registered office is at the FatBoy complex. It's not the only FatBoy company with late accounts - SDI Retail Services Limited (i.e. the company suing us in the High Court actions) are also shown on Companies House as currently late with their accounts. Maybe it's a general FatBoy thing to let subsidiary company accounts slip.

The Megastore being closed might mean something though - it seems very unusual that it's closed its doors without any explanation.

Good post, but Rangers were due to receive settlement funds on the wynd up of RRL under the deal to end the 7 year notice deal. That money would come via RRL. Because SDI hadn’t submitted the accounts Companies House move to delist the Company at which point the Crown could lay claim to its assets. I suspect the Judge may have made sure SDI fulfill their obligation in order to avoid the delisting.

Surprised that no members of staff from the megastore have spoke out about the closure, surely they’re not all on zero hours contracts.

I still think Ashley was in cahoots with Dermot Desmond. They must have shook hands on a deal where he would try to hinder us for years so as to leave them free runs at the champions league for years. Desmond is another evil bastard who is cut from the same cloth as Liewell

Not many would be suprised.

I reckon they were given a nice little illegal bonus from the fat man to ensure green got the club its the only reason that makes sense

Good post, but Rangers were due to receive settlement funds on the wynd up of RRL under the deal to end the 7 year notice deal. That money would come via RRL. Because SDI hadn’t submitted the accounts Companies House move to delist the Company at which point the Crown could lay claim to its assets. I suspect the Judge may have made sure SDI fulfill their obligation in order to avoid the delisting.

There was certainly originally a dispute about the money, but I think this was resolved and dealt with as part of the 2017 settlement.

RRL’s 2017 accounts show that as at 20th June 2017 when the previous dispute was settled, the company had a little over £1m in net assets.

Those accounts go on to say that the company ceased trading as part of the settlement agreement, and that after the end of the accounting period covered in the accounts, further dividends of a little over £1m were paid out - which would seem to clear the company assets out.

(This is in addition to the regular dividend of about £0.6m which is already shown as having been paid out in the accounts themselves.)

These accounts were signed off by Dave King in 2018, so I think they have to be taken to be accurate on these payments/dividends.

The accounts don’t say who received the dividend payments so it’s possible those payments went to SDI rather than us, and I suppose there could be an ongoing argument on that, but even if they were I don’t think recovering them would need RRL to remain in play.

None of the ongoing cases have RRL as a party, and RRL isn’t mentioned in the reports on these cases except in the context of setting out the history which resulted in the current retail agreement - so I’m not sure that the current RRL shenanigans will turn out to be related to the actions (although I’m only going on what is public information.)

Surely the lawyers of both sides would have been informed by the Judge of his decision on Thursday. Then Rangers FC must know the decision and would they not have to pass that information onto the major shareholders?? Can someone ask Club1872 please ;);)

Surely the lawyers of both sides would have been informed by the Judge of his decision on Thursday. Then Rangers FC must know the decision and would they not have to pass that information onto the major shareholders?? Can someone ask Club1872 please ;);)

If you read the thread, and particularly the posts by @BrownBrogues and @Marty101 it appears the Judge has yet to announce his decision/judgement. To anyone.

There was certainly originally a dispute about the money, but I think this was resolved and dealt with as part of the 2017 settlement.

RRL’s 2017 accounts show that as at 20th June 2017 when the previous dispute was settled, the company had a little over £1m in net assets.

Those accounts go on to say that the company ceased trading as part of the settlement agreement, and that after the end of the accounting period covered in the accounts, further dividends of a little over £1m were paid out - which would seem to clear the company assets out.

(This is in addition to the regular dividend of about £0.6m which is already shown as having been paid out in the accounts themselves.)

These accounts were signed off by Dave King in 2018, so I think they have to be taken to be accurate on these payments/dividends.

The accounts don’t say who received the dividend payments so it’s possible those payments went to SDI rather than us, and I suppose there could be an ongoing argument on that, but even if they were I don’t think recovering them would need RRL to remain in play.

None of the ongoing cases have RRL as a party, and RRL isn’t mentioned in the reports on these cases except in the context of setting out the history which resulted in the current retail agreement - so I’m not sure that the current RRL shenanigans will turn out to be related to the actions (although I’m only going on what is public information.)

Marty 100% Rangers lodged a counter claim for the dividends due as part of the 7 year notice period being terminated.

A ram raid could help!

Desmond would only need to have pointed out to Ashley that there was money to be made out of Rangers and that would have been enough for him to get involved in his usual aggressive style. It didn't necessarily need to be some master plan concocted by the two of them. Whether Whyte and Green were part of Ashley's plan - who knows if there was some link.

I do remember a phone in caller at the time we started to hear about Craig Whyte's interest in the club. The caller seemed to know Craig Whyte in some way and he was very clear that Whyte was not a Rangers supporter and would only be interested in Rangers for his own financial gain. Amid all the nonsense talked on phone-ins I still remember that call because he turned out to be correct.

As far as the mega store is concerned its pretty much a sports direct store so any staff that worked there will more than likely also have another store as their main place of work and only work at Ibrox when they are put there on a rota. The store manager will probably also be the manager of another store as well and will probably only be present there on Matchdays.

SD don't have a huge amount of full-time staff most of it is made up of relief staff or students who are quite happy to work if and when needed so in effect if Ashley wants to just sit and occupy the store and keep it shut he can easily do that as he wont have to get rid of any staff and he can easily move his stock to the nearest SD store.

If he is gone then I don't think it will take long for him to empty the place and move on with little cost to him.

There must be some loophole that benefits Rangers like ,is there ground lease a leasehold We can charge them a ridiculous amount of money then compulsory purchase it if they fail to pay.

Interesting read but fails to note that the reason Rangers signed up to the deals was because they were run by Spivs at the time.

There was no "hoodwinking" - just hoods.

Initially, yes. And hell mend them for it. But the horrendous error that's obviously been made by lawyers negotiating the new deal in 2017 with SD was not noticing the right to match in perpetuity. That blog makes pretty stark reading for us.

My hope is that the Judge sees that the relationship here is so toxic, he rips it up, we pay some level of compensation (relative to how many jerseys we would have actually sold if SD were distributing our stuff, i.e. very little) and all move on. Oh, I also hope that the lawyers get their bawz booted and don't charge their full fee for what seems such a glaring error.

The fact that the spectre of that fat cockney bastard still hangs over our club turns my stomach .

I can't say I'm confident this will pan out well .

Throw in the SFA rearing it's ugly head again and it feels like I've ben transported back to 2012

Initially, yes. And hell mend them for it. But the horrendous error that's obviously been made by lawyers negotiating the new deal in 2017 with SD was not noticing the right to match in perpetuity. That blog makes pretty stark reading for us.

My hope is that the Judge sees that the relationship here is so toxic, he rips it up, we pay some level of compensation (relative to how many jerseys we would have actually sold if SD were distributing our stuff, i.e. very little) and all move on. Oh, I also hope that the lawyers get their bawz booted and don't charge their full fee for what seems such a glaring error.

Why cant people grasp the simple fact that the exact same matching rights were already in place in the 7 year deal?

The fact this is still ongoing after all this time is sickening. Sick of waiting on a decision. Why is it court date after court date. Wasting money basically (which I suspect is part of SD plan) whatever it may be I just wish a final decision was reached

The way it's going everyone who has bought a replica kit this past year will end up having to owe that fat slug a Saturday shift in 1 of his jumble sale shithole stores.

See what I don't understand is the clause says sports direct could have the option to match the terms offered by another party. So even if they did match them could we not have just rejected to go with them and go with someone else instead?

See what I don't understand is the clause says sports direct could have the option to match the terms offered by another party. So even if they did match them could we not have just rejected to go with them and go with someone else instead?
No, if they matched the terms they would get the contract.

Why cant people grasp the simple fact that the exact same matching rights were already in place in the 7 year deal?
Perhaps because these matching rights were never mentioned in any of the discussions on the 7 year deal during 100s of threads and discussions when it was live. It's only now that SD have this matching deal clause in the new deal we are now told it was there before in the previous deal. I certainly haven't seen any proof of this, I'm not saying the clause wasn't there, just that I have not seen proof. It us quoted regularly as a fact in here but is it ? If anyone has proof I'd be happy to accept it

Perhaps because these matching rights were never mentioned in any of the discussions on the 7 year deal during 100s of threads and discussions when it was live. It's only now that SD have this matching deal clause in the new deal we are now told it was there before in the previous deal. I certainly haven't seen any proof of this, I'm not saying the clause wasn't there, just that I have not seen proof. It us quoted regularly as a fact in here but is it ? If anyone has proof I'd be happy to accept it

Mate, you really think they just thought up matching rights in 2016?

At a time when they were helping themselves to stadium naming right for £1 and putting in 7 year notice periods they would have had matching rights and a whole host of other corporate shafting we don't even know about.

Mate, you really think they just thought up matching rights in 2016?

At a time when they were helping themselves to stadium naming right for £1 and putting in 7 year notice periods they would have had matching rights and a whole host of other corporate shafting we don't even know about.

Exactly. Christ knows the amount of small print and clause land mines these scumbags have deliberately left in these deals and contracts to ensure we're never out of Court. Make no mistake, we were to be wiped from the face of the Earth.

From back in 2015 at the takeover, Dave King comments on the SD contracts...
Dave King has promised to repair Rangers after being voted on to the club’s board at an extraordinary general meeting , with Mike Ashley’s associates, Derek Llambias and Barry Leach, emphatically ousted.

King’s consortium of Paul Murray and John Gilligan received an 85% backing from Rangers’ shareholders, resounding support in a move that was greeted with cheers by fans outside Ibrox. Llambias, the chief executive, and Leach, the director of finance, were voted off the board.

A number of shareholders voted by proxy, although many were present at Ibrox for the 13-minute EGM. Ally McCoist, the former Rangers coach currently on gardening leave, attended the meeting and King spoke to fans outside the stadium.

The Scottish businessman, who is based in South Africa, has previously stated that Rangers require more than £20m to fund the club in the medium-term and he vowed to place supporters at the heart of future plans. “We’ve come on a long road and the Rangers fans have suffered for quite a few years now,” he said. “What has happened today is something that cannot be understated. This is definitely a turning point for Rangers Football Club, not a turning point in the history of the football club but a turning point in the future, to take it back to the history.

“I’m quite shocked to come here, to come into this building and see the dilapidation. It’s not just a question of a couple of tough years on the park and in the boardroom. There’s not much working at Rangers right now.

“ We’re going to be asking the fans to support us. There have been a lot of changes but for the first time in a number of years ... it’s a clear road. We’re going to work with the fans and work very hard to increase fan ownership. We’ll look to get fan representation on the board.”

King added: “The club is broken. There’s footballing issues, there’s infrastructural issues, there’s scouting issues. Pretty much everything within the club has to be looked at. It’s important that we get on top of that very quickly.”

Neither Llambias nor Leach attended the EGM, while David Somers and James Easdale had resigned from the board beforehand. The first move by the new hierarchy was to appoint shareholder Douglas Park as a director.

King, who owns 14.5% of shares in Rangers International Football Club plc, stated it would be “quite challenging” for Sports Direct – Ashley’s company – to take up an option to propose two new members to the club’s board.

The Newcastle United owner has a number of commercial contracts relating to Rangers’ business through Sports Direct. Ashley, who has an 8.92% stake in the club, was fined £7,500 by the Scottish Football Association this week after the organisation found him guilty of a rules breach in relation to dual interest in Rangers and Newcastle.

King said: “It’s important that we now look properly at the Sports Direct contracts. There are issues that have been raised about the appropriateness and the quality of some of the negotiations, discussions and implementations of the agreements.

“I reached out to Mike Ashley a couple of times before at shareholder level and Mike Ashley has chosen not to engage with me, which is fine, he’s entitled to do that. As far as Sports Direct is concerned I would certainly be encouraging them to come and work with the new board because they are a partner. As I understand it they want to continue to be a part of the football club.”

From back in 2015 at the takeover, Dave King comments on the SD contracts...
Dave King has promised to repair Rangers after being voted on to the club’s board at an extraordinary general meeting , with Mike Ashley’s associates, Derek Llambias and Barry Leach, emphatically ousted.

King’s consortium of Paul Murray and John Gilligan received an 85% backing from Rangers’ shareholders, resounding support in a move that was greeted with cheers by fans outside Ibrox. Llambias, the chief executive, and Leach, the director of finance, were voted off the board.

A number of shareholders voted by proxy, although many were present at Ibrox for the 13-minute EGM. Ally McCoist, the former Rangers coach currently on gardening leave, attended the meeting and King spoke to fans outside the stadium.

The Scottish businessman, who is based in South Africa, has previously stated that Rangers require more than £20m to fund the club in the medium-term and he vowed to place supporters at the heart of future plans. “We’ve come on a long road and the Rangers fans have suffered for quite a few years now,” he said. “What has happened today is something that cannot be understated. This is definitely a turning point for Rangers Football Club, not a turning point in the history of the football club but a turning point in the future, to take it back to the history.

“I’m quite shocked to come here, to come into this building and see the dilapidation. It’s not just a question of a couple of tough years on the park and in the boardroom. There’s not much working at Rangers right now.

“ We’re going to be asking the fans to support us. There have been a lot of changes but for the first time in a number of years ... it’s a clear road. We’re going to work with the fans and work very hard to increase fan ownership. We’ll look to get fan representation on the board.”

King added: “The club is broken. There’s footballing issues, there’s infrastructural issues, there’s scouting issues. Pretty much everything within the club has to be looked at. It’s important that we get on top of that very quickly.”

Neither Llambias nor Leach attended the EGM, while David Somers and James Easdale had resigned from the board beforehand. The first move by the new hierarchy was to appoint shareholder Douglas Park as a director.

King, who owns 14.5% of shares in Rangers International Football Club plc, stated it would be “quite challenging” for Sports Direct – Ashley’s company – to take up an option to propose two new members to the club’s board.

The Newcastle United owner has a number of commercial contracts relating to Rangers’ business through Sports Direct. Ashley, who has an 8.92% stake in the club, was fined £7,500 by the Scottish Football Association this week after the organisation found him guilty of a rules breach in relation to dual interest in Rangers and Newcastle.

King said: “It’s important that we now look properly at the Sports Direct contracts. There are issues that have been raised about the appropriateness and the quality of some of the negotiations, discussions and implementations of the agreements.

“I reached out to Mike Ashley a couple of times before at shareholder level and Mike Ashley has chosen not to engage with me, which is fine, he’s entitled to do that. As far as Sports Direct is concerned I would certainly be encouraging them to come and work with the new board because they are a partner. As I understand it they want to continue to be a part of the football club.”
I don't dispute any of that , we were tied into shit deals with 7 year notice periods. We know all about those. My question was the matching rights clause. It was never mentioned in any of the previous deal discussions to my knowledge. I was only looking for some sort of clarity that is was actually there. It appears that people are more assuming it was as it's in the new deal we signed rather than actually having proof.

Back