Ruling On Latest Fat Mike Court Case – Still Waiting...

Rangers should think about taking retail inhouse and running it non profit, if SD choose to match that then it will show they are not doing it for commercial reasons and would possibly give us an option to go and try break the pertuity aspect of the current agreement.

This is the kind of thing we should look at.

If SD keep matching even non profit offers then surely a judge can see through that and terminate them ?

Why didn’t the board challenge it when they first got power. That was the time. Say it wasn’t in best interests of shareholders and not in good faith. The fact they let it run in a legal sense suggested they were fine with it. Only way out is either go non profit for a year and if they match challenge it and say it’s not in anyone’s interests. Or agree with a retailer eg elite that next year they give us 100% of profit so Ashley won’t match. Although he might because he’s clearly not doing this for money and then next year we give elite 100%

Why didn’t the board challenge it when they first got power. That was the time. Say it wasn’t in best interests of shareholders and not in good faith. The fact they let it run in a legal sense suggested they were fine with it. Only way out is either go non profit for a year and if they match challenge it and say it’s not in anyone’s interests. Or agree with a retailer eg elite that next year they give us 100% of profit so Ashley won’t match. Although he might because he’s clearly not doing this for money and then next year we give elite 100%
They renegotiated elements of the financial arragements, and then the length.

We're now onto various clauses, but to say the board haven't challenged it since they took over is highly mis-leading.

They renegotiated elements of the financial arragements, and then the length.

We're now onto various clauses, but to say the board haven't challenged it since they took over is highly mis-leading.

I’m not saying they didn’t challenge aspects and renegotiated it (which now seems pointless waste of 3 million) but they should challenged the legality of the whole contract and tried to get it declared void

Not reading back because it sickens me but I take it that fat lady's front bottom won.
Question-Does it change anything??
We still buy from the Rangers shops and not the megastore and sports direct still don’t get our strips?

Not reading back because it sickens me but I take it that fat lady's front bottom won.
We still buy from the Rangers shops and not the megastore and sports direct still don’t get our stripes?
That last thread was chopped. Has the news changed or is it still the same?

This is gonna cost us millions . They judge agreed with SD on everything. If the contract states they get 95% of profit after costs. Then whatever we sold in last year they will be entitled to 95%. Then they will be entitled to damages. Which could be a extra million and then legal fees paid. This could easily go above 5 million. Starting to wonder if this is the reason we haven’t been linked to any big money signings this summer .

This is gonna cost us millions . They judge agreed with SD on everything. If the contract states they get 95% of profit after costs. Then whatever we sold in last year they will be entitled to 95%. Then they will be entitled to damages. Which could be a extra million and then legal fees paid. This could easily go above 5 million. Starting to wonder if this is the reason we haven’t been linked to any big money signings this summer .
Where have you plucked the 95% from?

Here's a decent summary, written prior to todays judgement:

https://www.lawinsport.com/topics/a...ghts-from-the-sports-direct-v-rangers-fc-case

Basically SD ensured every I and T were dotted and crossed.

Now Ashley is a parasitical bastard but why oh fucking why didn't Kings legal team advise him of what he was tying himself into when he signed the new deal (after giving the fat cunt 3 million).

I'd be surprised if we're granted a further appeal.

Ffs

Whit???

No chance is Ashley getting 95% of the profit of our merch sales from gerstore?

Did WE sell anything ?

I know Hummel and Elite have .....

There's nothing in this judgement about Hummel or Elite, so I suppose it's business as usual there.

Perhaps not but it means we aren’t clear of them , and seemingly forever . We won’t get our own bloody stadium shop back , for ever .

What kind of deal is that ?

Never known the likes in all my years .

No fckn way are we having that. 95% of sales in the last year? That can’t be right. If it is then our lawyers want booting out. Is there a club statement on this yet?

Perhaps not but it means we aren’t clear of them , and seemingly forever . We won’t get our own bloody stadium shop back , for ever .

I don't know, but I would hope the lease of the Megastore comes under a different contract, so no in perpetuity clause.

This might sound stupid but can we not knock it down and make it into a ticket office or something.

bit of an over reaction in my view.

the damages are capped at £1m, and the court capped expenses in the other case, so hopefully did the same here too.

SD's rights to payment under this new contract are the same as Elite's were - and he would have to pay the same upfront payment too. SDI's loss of profit may not be that dramatic, and as I say the damages cap will probably be upheld.

The issue is more that this will run on and on. I think King would be prepared to take the £1m damages hit from time to time on an ongoing basis rather than give in to SDI, and so he'll just happily continually be in breach. Issue may be future injunctions for other deals which don't allow this though

I agree with the poster who said, "we the support should sue the Fat Man" through Club1872 open up a second front and tie him into more litigation.

The fat chunt is here to disrupt us and give them all the help he can as they push for 9 and or 10.
He'll %^*& off when that is settled.

We still buy from the Rangers shops and not the megastore and sports direct still don’t get our strips?
Changes everything.

We’re now in a contract with SD that started in 2018 (so we owe them revenue from that year).

The judge ruled that we misinterpreted the contract that we signed, and SD were right in their interpretation. They matched the contract, so it is theirs. SD basically now have the right to match any merchandise contract, ever.

There will be seperate claims for breach of contract (will cost us millions) and Ashley is currently trying to place an injunction on Elite.

We’ve someone ended up in a worse position that before, as we didn’t understand the contract we signed.

bit of an over reaction in my view.

the damages are capped at £1m, and the court capped expenses in the other case, so hopefully did the same here too.

SD's rights to payment under this new contract are the same as Elite's were - and he would have to pay the same upfront payment too. SDI's loss of profit may not be that dramatic, and as I say the damages cap will probably be upheld.

The issue is more that this will run on and on. I think King would be prepared to take the £1m damages hit from time to time on an ongoing basis rather than give in to SDI, and so he'll just happily continually be in breach. Issue may be future injunctions for other deals which don't allow this though

It’s ok kicking it down the road until after 55 but at some point we have to find a way out of this contract otherwise every year the tims will be making x amount of millions more

The whole reason I think sports direct agreed to negotiate in 2017 was because they realised the original contract was dubious. Signed off by directors days from being booted out and definitely in the favour of one party and not shareholders. The minute they signed off the new deal they signed away there best chance of getting out. Which was challenging the old contract in court and getting it declared void.

If the chat on here is correct and its 95% of profits made then theres going to be absolute mayhem as the fans have had enough of Ashley.
He better have a bunker to hide in and a lot of fire extinguishers handy in his stores.

How the fk can we be contracted to SD "forever" . Surely I'm reading that wrong
They have the right to match the contracts.

Rangers argued that part of the matching rights in the contract would be to give SD a rolling right to a contract in perpuity and “this cannot have been the intention of the partys”. Basically attempting to say we didn’t understand what we agreed.

The judge ruled against us, stating both partys agreed to it & its not for the court to rewrite the contract.

Changes everything.

We’re now in a contract with SD that started in 2018 (so we owe them revenue from that year).

The judge ruled that we misinterpreted the contract that we signed, and SD were right in their interpretation. They matched the contract, so it is theirs. SD basically now have the right to match any merchandise contract, ever.

There will be seperate claims for breach of contract (will cost us millions) and Ashley is currently trying to place an injunction on Elite.

We’ve someone ended up in a worse position that before, as we didn’t understand the contract we signed.
I don't see how it changes very much. So we have a retail deal with them but Hummel still won't supply them with kit. I am not sure that takes SD much further forward. I don't think we were ever disputing that we had a contract with SD; we just disputed its terms. The terms have now been clarified, in favour of SD, but they still don't have anyone who will sell them stock.

Changes everything.

No we're not.

The rest of your post is nothing more than hysteria.

If the chat on here is correct and its 95% of profits made then theres going to be absolute mayhem as the fans have had enough of Ashley.
He better have a bunker to hide in and a lot of fire extinguishers handy in his stores.

it's not correct. the new deal with SDI has the same terms on payments etc as the original Elite deal.

Back