Rumoured leaked SPFL reorganisation document

It seems convoluted enough for it to be real. Trying to get in 4 old firm games for tv as well as keeping other clubs sweet with guaranteed revenue from the old firm. Further down regionalising makes sense but how the lowland league etc fits in will be interesting.

If they want playoff to get in then what about a one-off match to see who's the champions? Only fair.

So this is a way for them to award Celtic the title and not relegate Hearts, unless I’m missing something?
Exactly what this is
Designed to hand that lot the title
I for one will never recognise this as 9 in a row
If they get handed the title with games left and mathematically possible to be caught then so be it, it means they can never do 9 or even 10
The run ends here if that’s the case

So in the championship the title goes to a team for 3rd down and the top 2 could end up in the championship after getting promoted for a quarter of the season.

Scottish top league has been needing a refresh for years. Needed something to be done as it was an abomination in it's current format. SPFL weren't interested. Had no intention in doing anything.

Now they need to figure out how to award Celtic the title without relegating Hearts it's something to consider and look into now.

The league change isn't a bad idea at all. However, we all know why they are doing it.

That’s my take on it

Scotland should have ONE national league of 18/20 teams and everything else regional. We have teams in our second tier that are part-time and can't muster a thousand people.

Am I right in saying, the 3rd top team in the championship is presented with the league trophy, after the top 2 are promoted mid season?
Surely not!

So this is a way for them to award Celtic the title and not relegate Hearts, unless I’m missing something?
That's how it looks to me also, cover it all up by increasing the league numbers, If that's the case they are doing nothing more than appeasing Hearts and get's them out of the way before giving the title to the mankies.

If they do this but nobody is champions then most teams are happy bar Celtic and the teams that could have been promoted pretty much are. I genuinely think some teams will go to the wall possibly 4/5 - lower premier and championship teams and it means nobody gets the Rangers treatment and Scottish football ends up like league of tattieland.

Back