Rumours Round-up

Lord Summerisle

Administrator
Staff member
OK, just so everyone can keep up... next season we'll be managed by Neil Warnock with Steven Gerard assisting and our first choice XI will be something like this:

Lafferty
Murphy Arfield Dorrans Davis Candeias
John Bartley McCrorie Tavernier
McGregor

That about the gist of it?

Good enough to win the league?

A better striker than big Laff and we're looking more likely. Would take Lafferty as 2nd/3rd choice along with Cummings though.

Also would have McArthur in for Dorrans in that team.

The Gerrard rumor is the most ridiculous. Why would he leave his role at Liverpool to come up here and be Neil Warnock's assistant? :D
Could be as a co manager with a view to stepping in when Warnock retires in a year or 2

Could be as a co manager with a view to stepping in when Warnock retires in a year or 2

Absolutely no chance. Gerrard is playing the long game at Liverpool and is hoping to work his way up to the manager's position there.

OK, just so everyone can keep up... next season we'll be managed by Neil Warnock with Steven Gerard assisting and our first choice XI will be something like this:

Lafferty
McGregor

When I started reading that I thought you had Lafferty in goal!!!

Absolutely no chance. Gerrard is playing the long game at Liverpool and is hoping to work his way up to the manager's position there.

Or he could be willing to move away to get managerial experience, make a name for himself and then move back to the Liverpool hot seat when the time is right

Or he could be willing to move away to get managerial experience, make a name for himself and then move back to the Liverpool hot seat when the time is right

We'll see but I'm extremely confident that Steven Gerrard will not be a part of our manager team next season.

Lafferty
McGregor

No

Still the same formation with same fullbacks and same wingers

So same results are more than likely.

Lafferty
McGregor

I’m not sure it would be tbh, either on or off the pitch.
It would be a steady, tough to beat side, and probably a good platform to have a ‘proper’ challenge the season after.

Lafferty
McGregor

McCrorie at DM, another central defender and very possibly .

A 29, 31 and 33 year old in the middle of the park would concern me somewhat.

Dorrans wouldn't be near my team if we were wanting to genuinely challenge the mentally challengeds.

Mcgregor
Tavernier Bartley Bamba John
Mcrorie
Candeias Davis Arfield Murphy
Morelos​

Subs: Wes, CH, Rossiter, Jack, Docherty, Dorrans, Windass, Cummings
That team would win the league, if they 19 kept fit for the full season
This is going the right way for sure, Bamba and Bartley 2 big defenders is what we need.

I would rather sell Morelos and get in a new striker.

This is going the right way for sure, Bamba and Bartley 2 big defenders is what we need.

I would rather sell Morelos and get in a new striker.

Bamba isn’t good enough. Prone to total clangers like Celtic’s CH. Go watch Cardiff’s last match for proof.
One of the full backs needs changed for a more defensive fullback and I would only play 1 winger.
I would have 2 solid creative midfielders, 1 midfielder who can play wide if needed and one winger.

Would change to 2 strikers for some games also.

Mcgregor
Tavernier Bartley Bamba John
Mcrorie
Candeias Davis Arfield Murphy
Morelos​

Subs: Wes, CH, Rossiter, Jack, Docherty, Dorrans, Windass, Cummings
That team would win the league, if they 19 kept fit for the full season
Far from convinced that Morelos is the man. Also Candeias, for all his assists, seems to be unable to lift the ball in his crossing. Low and near post all the time. That’s more suited to a natural finisher.

Bartley? Where does his name come from?

Tavernier needs someone to push him for his place. Too often he stays in his comfort zone, is too far up the back to defend properly and his range of passing and shooting has decreased considerably these last two years.

Bamba isn’t good enough. Prone to total clangers like Celtic’s CH. Go watch Cardiff’s last match for proof.
One of the full backs needs changed for a more defensive fullback and I would only play 1 winger.
I would have 2 solid creative midfielders, 1 midfielder who can play wide if needed and one winger.

Would change to 2 strikers for some games also.
Your alright mate i have seen him play and he has been good for them this season, maybe not in every single game like you pointed out, would take him before any defender we have currently.

I agree i would rather have more defensive minded full backs.

If we are playing with one man up top we need our two wide players to be chipping in with 30 goals between them and someone up top hitting 20-30.

I'm not sure Morelos and Candeias could chip in with these types of numbers.

Candeias is a cracking squad player though but I think we need a better player for the right hand side going forward. Arfield could be that man.

Back