Rumours that Laporta wants Ronaldo at Barca

Johnny Yen

Spanish press running with it, no doubt it’s absolute pie in the sky, however, if it were to happen?

How would Messi deal with it? Or conversely, how would Ronaldo deal with it, Messi on free kicks and penalties, his ego couldn’t cope.

It would be fascinating to say the least.

I think Messi would let him hit the penalties. He doesn't seem the type to let his ego take over the team. Which is why he has no issues dropping deep and playing all over the pitch.

Ronaldo has the rest of his career already planned out

He's finishing his contract at Juve and then going back to Sporting

I know agent talk may not always be true but his 'camp' have already said he has no plans to return to Sporting after Juventus.

So would, Barca just play without a midfield? Already need to fit Messi, Aguero, Greizmann, Depay and Dembele into the team next year.

Never going to happen and I don't think you could make it work either. We might see them play as the 2 Strikers in a charity match sometime when they're both about 45 but other than that don't hold you're breath

Messi is the best free-kick taker in the world. CR7 isn't getting near the unless it's from distance. Fairly easy problem to solve.

I actually think it would be a sensational move for all parties. The club, and indeed the league, is in a malaise and it would galvanise the entire country. Just depends if Messi would go for it. They are definitely compatible in terms of playing style. Could be an unbelievable bow out to both their top-level careers.

There’s more chance of the Brazilian Ronaldo coming out of retirement and re-signing for Barca.
Could still do a job

DqJQClhWoAEwn34.jpg

Messi is the best free-kick taker in the world. CR7 isn't getting near the unless it's from distance. Fairly easy problem to solve.

I actually think it would be a sensational move for all parties. The club, and indeed the league, is in a malaise and it would galvanise the entire country. Just depends if Messi would go for it. They are definitely compatible in terms of playing style. Could be an unbelievable bow out to both their top-level careers.

Borna Barisic is a better free kick taker than Messi.

Ancelloti (I think it was anyway) said he looked at Ronaldo when he signed for Milan and asked him about his weight. Ronaldo said if you want someone to run about pick someone else, if you want goals pick me. The absolute hero of fat guys everywhere.
Will always be ‘Ronaldo’ to me irrespective of his physical condition.

Nothing Cristiano Ronaldo does in his career will allow him to take the ‘Ronaldo’ moniker in my book.

Hands down the most thrilling player I ever watched.

Because what Barcelona need is more forwards...

On the plus side at least Ronaldo isn't another Griezmann/ Coutinho or now Depay that'll spend all their time trying to play in the same space as Messi. :D

Wouldn't write it off. Thats what happens when Spanish (well Real and Barca) chairmen have more input into transfers than managers and scouts. They sign luxury players and neglect the bottom line.
I don't think it'll happen, they've too many strikers as it is.

Spanish press running with it, no doubt it’s absolute pie in the sky, however, if it were to happen?

How would Messi deal with it? Or conversely, how would Ronaldo deal with it, Messi on free kicks and penalties, his ego couldn’t cope.

It would be fascinating to say the least.

In reality it should be simple. Ronaldo on penalties because he’s better at them, Messi on free kicks because he’s better at them.

Would never happen anyway.

Galvanise? i Don’t think it will happen but surely this would cause huge friction in Spain. Sure the Catalans are already at loggerheads politically with the rest of Spain. The Real Madrid fans would go buck daft. I don’t think Ronaldo would do this.

I cannot see CR7 going to Barca, and given he’s had good relationships with fans at all his clubs due to his consistently good output, I don’t think he’d tarnish his place in Real history.

Messi very recently went ahead of Ronaldo in the free kicks scored tally. So clearly there ain't much between them in that regard. Though I do agree that Messi is better at them.

Ronaldo’s next move is PSG and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him stop in at Bayern after. I reckon he’ll want to win as many leagues/Champs Leagues with different clubs in as many countries as possible to further his claim for the GOAT.

Ronaldo’s next move is PSG and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him stop in at Bayern after. I reckon he’ll want to win as many leagues/Champs Leagues with different clubs in as many countries as possible to further his claim for the GOAT.
How many leagues in different countries does Zlatan have?
4 different countries I think

Barcelona are already fucked. La Liga have told them will not be allowed to bend any rules for signing/resigning players as they have committed to reducing their wages.

Messi's contract expires in a couple of days and there's a good chance they won't be able to offer him a new contract.

Messi very recently went ahead of Ronaldo in the free kicks scored tally. So clearly there ain't much between them in that regard. Though I do agree that Messi is better at them.

Messi didn’t become Barca’s primary free kick taker until after Xavi and Alves left whilst Ronaldo’s always been his clubs only free kick taker since he was about 20, so I think Messi’s quite far in front of you look at conversion rate from free kicks.

At the end of they day, unless a TV company puts up the cash, Barca can’t afford him. So for me it’s a bit of a non story

Back