Run for 55 - An idea

Rossco1872

Official Ticketer
Wee idea I had whilst out running.

To celebrate 55 head to a local park and run/jog/walk 5.5km decked out in your colours with flags etc.

If under current restrictions this would not need to be a "planned event" but if Bears just happened to decide to head along at the same time and place (tbc) and remain 2m apart then so be it.

If a planned event later in Summer it could be official and organised in Glasgow.

Dates and locations to be confirmed but I like the thought of a red, white and blue wave all across the country and beyond rather than just an event in Glasgow. Bears from all over the world could take part.

Could encourage all those who took part to donate £5.55 to the Rangers Charity Foundation.

Main points:
A positive way for Bears to celebrate 55 "together" whilst, doing something good for your health, raising money for charity and all in compliance with the law.

I'll shut up now, probably a shite idea but thought I'd share anyway.

To celebrate 55 head to a local park and run/jog/walk 5.5km decked out in your colours with flags etc.

If under current restrictions this would not need to be a "planned event" but if Bears just happened to decide to head along at the same time and place (tbc) and remain 2m apart then so be it.

If a planned event later in Summer it could be official and organised in Glasgow.

Dates and locations to be confirmed but I like the thought of a red, white and blue wave all across the country and beyond rather than just an event in Glasgow. Bears from all over the world could take part.

Could encourage all those who took part to donate £5.55 to the Rangers Charity Foundation.

Main points:
A positive way for Bears to celebrate 55 "together" whilst, doing something good for your health, raising money for charity and all in compliance with the law.

Great Idea OP. And a good reason for fellow Bears like me to shift some lockdoon timber. Run, walk or Cycle suits most people I would reckon.

Be great to see the locals' faces when the Timbuktu Loyal are out in full force with their inflatable trophies and vuvuzelas!

Main points:

Get me a scooter and I'll join in.

I've been trying to get a bit fitter and doing a bit of running but to be honest when we officially win 55 running will be the last thing on my mind.

Back