Russel Martin

How many on here still think he shouldn't have played? Big alves deserved to walk back in to the first 11 apparently...

The big man looked in the mood for a goal today.

Was bizzare but enjoyable seeing him playing on the wing at times.

A good honest pro who looks to be enjoying and appreciating the opportunity to represent a club of our stature at this stage of his career.

Criticism of him post-Hamilton has been excessive.

giphy.gif

just watched the highlights, big man took his goal well. what was the scenario? was there a free kick or corner before hand as a bit strange seeing a Cb in that position with 2 minutes to go?

Good to see all of them celebrating like that, it has to do something for confidence playing at home too with a big crowd behind them.

He has been a good signing and he is loving playing for Rangers and is exactly what we need. Big Alves may be a better defender but he has not showing that so far and he cannot complain about not playing.

It was like big Clint’s goal gainst Celtic. Those centre halves love their goals.....

Last edited:
Yeah gives it his all,shows how much it means,has a good game,yet people on here still lining up to have a go,on other posts,well done young fella.

Are you serious? Just search any thread regarding the Hamilton game or Alves and you'll see. No doubt those who criticised won't show up on this thread.
I didn’t say it, but don’t blame those who did.

Hearts offered nothing going forward at all, so today hardly proved anyone wrong?

How many on here still think he shouldn't have played? Big alves deserved to walk back in to the first 11 apparently...

I still think that a fit and motivated Alves is our best option at centre back.

I still think that a fit and motivated Alves is our best option at centre back.

In theory, I agree.
In practise, I have to disagree, Bruno is slow, slow when someone runs at him with the ball and slower than slow when bringing the ball out. Age has caught up with him, sadly.

A big disappointment for me.

He had a vary easy day defensively as Hearts rarely got over the half way line but I loved his celebration for his goal, it was almost in front of me and you could see the delight in his face, he was loving it and that’s always good to see.

Although we coped relatively comfortably with all that hearts had to offer at 1 - 0 up I was dreading a last gap equaliser from them from a lucky break or a defensive error. Martin settled those fears and his celebration for scoring was a delight to see; it was almost as good as my own!!

He was absolutely over the moon - not see too many more players happy to score that Martin today. Brilliant stuff.

Back