Russell Lapaty

A bit of a pointless signing.

I found it odd we signed both him and Caniggia in the same window considering the ages of both and at a time where the money had well and truly run out.

I just remember going from Albertz, Gio and Tugay to having Latapy, Nerlinger and Stephen Hughes :(

Maybe a tad harsh, he was technically excellent.
Nerlinger was by far a better player than Albertz. Obviously not in a Rangers shirt though.

It's a pity he came to us a couple of years after his injury problems began.

Lapaty.
giphy.gif

All I really remember about Latapy was nearly getting barred from The Vicky bar in Ruglen when I was going mental at Rangers losing 2-1 at Falkirk. I was pretty scathing of the Rangers "performance" that day & finished my outburst by shouting "we were that F**kin Bad, a 40 year old Chain-smoking Rastafarian midget ran the F**kin show", cue the bar maid telling me to drink up & go home! not bad for 4 o'clock on a Sunday afternoon:rolleyes: Thank you Paul Le Guen!!

He certainly was a technically gifted player but his application was appalling!
I remember going down to Berwick for an away Scottish Cup tie, it was a fkn miserable wet muddy night and I swear that Latapy walked off the park that night with his shorts as clean as they were when he came on.
He frustrated the fkn life out of me!

Back