Russell Lapaty

Marstonbear

Made it into Dwight Yorke’s XI of players he’d played with in this month’s 442.

Main thing I remember him for is being bombed from the line up for his first home game v Livi after turning up late

I had a soft spot for him when he signed as he had been great in the previous years Football Manager :oops:

Don't have many memories in a Gers shirt but I did see him score a hat-trick and set up a hat-trick for Darryl Duffy (Remember him?) when Falkirk beat Blyth Spartans 7-0

Nodflenders.png

My one distinct memory of him was being fouled in the penalty area and getting straight back up and chasing the ball to the by-line, only for the referee to blow his whistle and point to the spot anyway, despite no one claiming for it.

That's it.

He came too late to us.

Then again when he was in his pomp he wouldn't have got near our 1st team.

We actually signed an old player who was sacked by Hibs.

Of course Yorke was going to give a place to his mate.

Mad chain smoking shagger, Yorke loves him.

Really liked him as a player, smooth as silk and immense when he could be bothered. Was excellent at Celtic Park in a 1-1 draw when we'd been struggling there, freed up in a counter attacking 3-5-2 with Kanchelskis at right back essentially. Lovenkrands scored.

I just remember going from Albertz, Gio and Tugay to having Latapy, Nerlinger and Stephen Hughes :(

Maybe a tad harsh, he was technically excellent.

So you missed Cribari, Faure, Simonsen, Cammy Bell, Argyriou(sp), Kevin Kyle, Sandaza....?

I could go on but to sum it up quickly, your comment is a pile of shite.
Still my opinion.
There’s been plenty worse but he was utter garbage for us.

Great player who could have been a world beater if it wasnt for his lifestyle. Would be one of those players you couldn't get near in training.

Back