Ryan christie- it has begun

Going against the grain here but if Celtic managed to hoodwink Arsenal into paying £25m for Tierney then they probably will believe they can get £30m for Christie.
Age is the difference Tierney just turned 22, Christie turns 25 in a few months. If he was similar ages to Tierney they probably could get something similar. At 25 in the SPL no one will pay more than 15 mil

Bowery Boy

Ahh, not this shite again. Whether or not these media fluffers affect the value of a player is besides the point. These slavering messes like Brazil, Parks and all the rest of the filth within the sports press are all right on message with Lawwell and the Yahoos. That's why they continually hype their players up and link them with multi-millions pound moves all over the place. Rogic for £15m was my particular favourite. On the flip side, they will talk down our players value any chance they get. If you can't see this, then open your eyes. Once you do recognise it, then ask yourself why?

Arminius

Official Ticketer
mate sod that

let’s go out and prove we’re the better team

run the midfield let Kent and Alfie run riot

really looking forward to Borna and Kent down the left they will have no answer
I agree we should attack them. We should press them high, when we can. We should use our flanks far more effectively than we did at Ibrox.

That said, we shouldn’t just ignore the defensive side of the game. If Christie provides much of their threat, I’d be happy enough for one of our better, more athletic midfielders, to just mark him out of the game when we’re out of possession. That’s all I was saying :)

two2tango

Official Ticketer
I agree we should attack them. We should press them high, when we can. We should use our flanks far more effectively than we did at Ibrox.

That said, we shouldn’t just ignore the defensive side of the game. If Christie provides much of their threat, I’d be happy enough for one of our better, more athletic midfielders, to just mark him out of the game when we’re out of possession. That’s all I was saying :)
the wee diver will likely play from the right

we don’t need to man mark anyone

play our one touch football like we did v Porto they won’t live with us

let’s get after them let them worry about us

sirstevefleming

I doubt Alan Brazil or many on here actually watch sellick games or indeed know enough about football transfers to be able to form a reasonable evaluation.

monkey magic

He's a diving little rhat bassa, which the media play down. Scotland, however, will embarrass itself again when Christie gets POTY before Morelos. Its the way it works up here. The best wee corrupt country in the world.

Davidw72

A few weeks ago there was a hate mob of tarriers heading to his house after he got sent off at Livingston. Now a few goals and some diving lessons from henrik videos, he’s a fckn world beater, aye right.

Last edited:

Salsabear

On talksport there.
Brazil plays an interview with Rodgers, talking about him maybe going to Arsenal. Bring up brendan, so he brings up the tims and drops in - Oh, ryan christie, goals at the weekend , great wee player keep an eye out for him.

next thing you know he is worth £30 mill to start with!!!.

Sickening how their lackie get away with this crap
Pish.

Not one club buys players off of the back of media touting.

No offence to the OP.

Dumfriesbear

Sportscene were bumping their guns about the CL trophy lookalike too. How impressive it is that he looks around him before receiving the ball so he knows which direction to turn in.

I mean, FFS!
I thought that was Mickey Johnstone they were talking about.

buffalosoldier

At this moment in time he's their best player. He's having a terrific season. Whether it lasts or not is a different matter. If his form continues from now until next season I can see some Villa type mob giving them £25m