Ryan christie- it has begun

He's the one that makes them tick, as said Kamara could be the man to nullify him

Id like Jack to Snap him in half in the first tackle though personally

So Celtic fan Alan Brazil was talking about Celtic on his sport/football radio show and mentioned probably their best player who scored at the weekend and is having a really good season?

Haud me back, I'm livid. How dare he.

People might not want to hear this but we need to be talking up the players in our league as it helps us too.

Ryan Christie is one of their best players and an international who is playing in Europe too and playing well this season.

When absolute haddies in the Championship and EPL are going for £20million plus we need to stop with this mentality that Rangers players are all worth £50m+ but Celtic players are all worth ten bob. Its not helping our game.

Morelos to my mind is easily worth £30m plus and Edouard is the same. Anyone saying differently isnt paying attention frankly.

John McGinn went for £2m and is now being talked about as a £50m player 2 years later after doing reasonably well with Villa in the championship and now in the EPL... he's scored 3 goals and has 1 assist..

I seem to remember him scoring for the sheep against us a couple of years ago but don't remember any for the scum v us so how can he be worth more then £7m?

The'd have sent him a photo of the bullet if he'd said anything else. The Cnt is suffering from the worlds longest case of Stockholm Syndrome ever.

I gave up listening to the Fcker about fifteen years ago and my life has been all the better for it. I left Scotland to get away from listening to Cnts like him, I'm sure as fck not going to let him into my car or home.

I seem to remember him scoring for the sheep against us a couple of years ago but don't remember any for the scum v us so how can he be worth more then £7m?

good arguement that which should be used on all mentally challengeds wait till you the mental gymnastics way that one

Always think the wee pr1ck has a goal or a penalty in him any time I watch him play. Keep him quiet on Sunday we will do well.

That £30m valuation has already been reported in the papers. In fact, in the last couple of months i've read McGregor is worth £30m, Ajer is worth £20m, Edouard is worth £30m and Christie is worth £30m. Frimpong will be next.

The value of their players is talked up at every opportunity which is the total opposite of the way they report valuations of our players. It's been widely reported Kamara is valued at £8m and then we have Morelos who has been consistently talked down and only recently have they have had to accept we would get a decent fee for him after his European goals but even then most of them still hugely undervalue him at 10-15m.

Sportscene were bumping their guns about the CL trophy lookalike too. How impressive it is that he looks around him before receiving the ball so he knows which direction to turn in.

I mean, FFS!

Our main issue with our players valuations imo is they haven't won anything yet.

Winning the cup final and being noticed will certainly increase our players value

He’s this years Stuart Armstrong! Looked the part playing for them but has pretty much been anonymous in the epl. Christie is in a very similar bracket and I thought Armstrong was over hyped and ultimately over priced!

As for poppadom hips, £25m! Something really reeks about that deal, he looks like a little boy lost down here and I note that Freddie immediately jettisoned him from the starting eleven at Carrow Rd.

Alfie’s value will be considerably higher as he is a foreign player who has already shown that he can adapt and thrive in foreign leagues. Add to that his goal scoring exploits in Europe and he is much less of a risk than some spotty faced chimp playing for the filth in what has been a pretty uncompetitive league up until now.

I think the 25 mil. the yahoos were able to scam Arsenal out of for Tierney - a perpetually injured full back - was probably down to the positive impact McGinn has had at Villa. In retrospect, it's hard not to argue that in signing McGinn from Hibernian for a mere 2 mil. that Villa didn't rip them off with a smile.

Noting this, Lawwell/Lennon, were determined that Celtic were not going to be taken advantage of with respect to Tierney, dug in their heels, and played hardball over his transfer fee - and actually ripped off Arsenal.

I only hope that when the Rangers hierarchy receive the inevitable offers for Morelos and others, that they show similar negotiating fortitude and determination.

I think the 25 mil. the yahoos were able to scam Arsenal out of for Tierney - a perpetually injured full back - was probably down to the positive impact McGinn has had at Villa. In retrospect, it's hard not to argue that in signing McGinn from Hibernian for a mere 2 mil. that Villa didn't rip them off with a smile.

Noting this, Lawwell/Lennon, were determined that Celtic were not going to be taken advantage of with respect to Tierney, dug in their heels, and played hardball over his transfer fee - and actually ripped off Arsenal.

I only hope that when the Rangers hierarchy receive the inevitable offers for Morelos and others, that they show similar negotiating fortitude and determination.

It tells you everything about the transfer market in England that Arsenal paid that much for a player with Tierney's injury record.

How much would Morelos be worth? No record of injuries and a proven goalscorer at the top level. Our management really must hold out for a top fee if he is to be sold.

Club scouts don't suddenly change their valuation everytime Alan Brazil opens his mouth.

Nope they don’t, but half of FF always does. Of course, if it was Alfie he was talking about, that same group would be bitching about him trying to unsettle a Rangers player before the Cup Final. We don’t half get agitated by nothing nowadays!

Fully expecting an English team with one of the best scouting networks in the world to make a bid based solely on hearing Brazil talk up a player from a team he supports on a radio show at approximately 7.30AM this morning.

Sigh.

Going against the grain here but if Celtic managed to hoodwink Arsenal into paying £25m for Tierney then they probably will believe they can get £30m for Christie.

Age is the difference Tierney just turned 22, Christie turns 25 in a few months. If he was similar ages to Tierney they probably could get something similar. At 25 in the SPL no one will pay more than 15 mil

I would suggest it is naive to think that Christie will suddenly become the target of previously ignorant scouts off the back of Alan Brazil chatting shit at 0630 in the morning.
gn2a.png

Ahh, not this shite again. Whether or not these media fluffers affect the value of a player is besides the point. These slavering messes like Brazil, Parks and all the rest of the filth within the sports press are all right on message with Lawwell and the Yahoos. That's why they continually hype their players up and link them with multi-millions pound moves all over the place. Rogic for £15m was my particular favourite. On the flip side, they will talk down our players value any chance they get. If you can't see this, then open your eyes. Once you do recognise it, then ask yourself why?

mate sod that

let’s go out and prove we’re the better team

run the midfield let Kent and Alfie run riot

really looking forward to Borna and Kent down the left they will have no answer

I agree we should attack them. We should press them high, when we can. We should use our flanks far more effectively than we did at Ibrox.

That said, we shouldn’t just ignore the defensive side of the game. If Christie provides much of their threat, I’d be happy enough for one of our better, more athletic midfielders, to just mark him out of the game when we’re out of possession. That’s all I was saying :)

I agree we should attack them. We should press them high, when we can. We should use our flanks far more effectively than we did at Ibrox.

That said, we shouldn’t just ignore the defensive side of the game. If Christie provides much of their threat, I’d be happy enough for one of our better, more athletic midfielders, to just mark him out of the game when we’re out of possession. That’s all I was saying :)

the wee diver will likely play from the right

we don’t need to man mark anyone

play our one touch football like we did v Porto they won’t live with us

let’s get after them let them worry about us

I doubt Alan Brazil or many on here actually watch sellick games or indeed know enough about football transfers to be able to form a reasonable evaluation.

He's a diving little rhat bassa, which the media play down. Scotland, however, will embarrass itself again when Christie gets POTY before Morelos. Its the way it works up here. The best wee corrupt country in the world.

A few weeks ago there was a hate mob of mentally challengeds heading to his house after he got sent off at Livingston. Now a few goals and some diving lessons from henrik videos, he’s a fckn world beater, aye right.

Last edited:
On talksport there.
Brazil plays an interview with Rodgers, talking about him maybe going to Arsenal. Bring up brendan, so he brings up the tims and drops in - Oh, ryan christie, goals at the weekend , great wee player keep an eye out for him.

next thing you know he is worth £30 mill to start with!!!.

Sickening how their lackie get away with this crap

Pish.

Not one club buys players off of the back of media touting.

No offence to the OP.

Sportscene were bumping their guns about the CL trophy lookalike too. How impressive it is that he looks around him before receiving the ball so he knows which direction to turn in.

I mean, FFS!

I thought that was Mickey Johnstone they were talking about.

It's been ongoing since biscuit hips went out the door.

Tom English & Co have all received the memo from Torbett Towers, Ryan Christie is this season's whore.
Yep, first weekend of the season they were mentioning him for player of the year.

At this moment in time he's their best player. He's having a terrific season. Whether it lasts or not is a different matter. If his form continues from now until next season I can see some Villa type mob giving them £25m

Back