Ryan Hardie at Plymouth

Ryan-Harris.jpg

Hardie was stuck in an unfortunate no mans land at Rangers, in that he was too good for the reserves/youth side but not good enough for the first team.

His style of play didn't suit us. Hopefully he's now got a team where his ability to run onto a ball is better suited.

He would have been a good option for us from the bench at the moment with Alfie out and very little back up, however he couldn’t put his career / development on hold for the chance of a handful of games or subs appearances with us.

Ryan’s a good player and will do well down south

He's always done well when playing at the right level. He was never quite up to first team standard for us though.

Had high hopes for him after he scored twice against Dumbarton and was always desperate for him to get a run in the team to see if he could fulfil his potential. But there again I was desperate for anyone to score when we were struggling.

Think he will progress and play at higher levels in a few years hopefully. Always good to see a ex ger from your home town doing well.

He would have been. Good back up option, but there was no point in him hanging around being 5th choice striker. Even now he would be unlikely to get near the squad unless both Morelos and Defoe were out.

I always like to see former academy players doing well. I first saw Ryan in an U15 game back in 2011, he scored in a 3-2 win at Lesser Hampden. Ryan and his family put in so much in his time at Rangers, travelling up from Stranraer several times a week for training and games.

I thought he could’ve been a decent player for us if he was given a run of games.

But as someone said he was too good for our reserves but not good enough for the first team. Good luck to him.

All the best to him.

Always thought the boy was a very good finisher but just lacked the physicality to make it at us.

Has bounced about clubs and normally starts off well scoring last one Blackpool hopefully keeps form up but always seen him as impact sub.

Best wishes to him. I thought for years that one day he would break through with us but of course it never happened. Good professional approach to the game.

Back