Ryan Hardie Signs New Contract and back on loan to Livingston

Great move and sensible one for all involved. Gets a year of playing in top flight, playing every week and scoring goals for a team who don’t score that many. He’ll come back to us stronger and possibly at a time when Morelos/Lafferty might not be here

Seen he has scored 5 goals for Livi in the league. That is good considering the injury he came back from.

Expected the extra year but I had a wee feeling he might have remained with the squad 2nd half of season. Aw well. Good luck and keep up the good work.

Good for him. He's been excellent this season for Livi and has worked very, very hard.

Incredible workrate, excellent goals return and still a very young man. Has all the makings of a great Rangers striker.

Hope to see him banging them in for Rangers in the near future.

Good move for everyone involved he will play every week, we get to look at him again over the next summer and Livingston get someone to score a couple of doubles against the Tims.

All I read on here is people moaning about the injuries caused by plastic pitches. And we have just extended the loan of a young player to play and train on astro every day of the week.

Maybe it's not that bad eh.

All I read on here is people moaning about the injuries caused by plastic pitches. And we have just extended the loan of a young player to play and train on astro every day of the week.

Would probably have preferred him not to be playing on that pitch for the rest of the season but it is what it is.

Doesn't negate the fact that it's sensible to tie him up for another year.

Interesting to note it's a 1 year extension to his current deal rather than a new contract.

Really hope it works out for Hardie.

Do they train on the pitch??

Next season could be the big one for him, I do hope he makes the grade and does well with us.

Mon Ryan, make us proud of you.

Its an interesting strategy we should be continuing to pursue. Tie down the players on contract extensions and loan them out to offset the wages, we keep the value in the asset.

Fingers crossed Ryan continues to kick on, I think he's got all the talent to make it.

Maybe Livingston could be a decent loan move for Jordan Rossitter?

Done a great job with Ryan Hardie. Promising young coach.

Can only mean the gaffer liked what he saw and has told him to go and keep doing what he's doing and we will see at the close season!

I don't see Ryan Hardie ever becoming a first team regular at Rangers. I think he knows that, I think Steven Gerrard knows that.

He impressed Gerrard and the coaching staff at the training camp, something Doc was unable to do in the summer and remember he's older than Hardie too.

Terrific attitude, blinding pace, a natural finisher and far stronger than he was a year ago.

I wouldn’t discount him and I don't think Gerrard has either.

Still only 21 and is scoring a lot of goals. He only managed a handful of starts for us and has scored a couple. We would be mad to let him go until he has had another chance with us, so this deal makes perfect sense.

Very good news.

This is exactly how young players should be brought through on the loan system.

Keep up the good work, Ryan. :D

He impressed Gerrard and the coaching staff at the training camp, something Doc was unable to do in the summer and remember he's older than Hardie too.

Terrific attitude, blinding pace, a natural finisher and far stronger than he was a year ago.

I wouldn’t discount him and I don't think Gerrard has either.
My question would still be - is Ryan Hardie ever going to be a regular at Rangers Football Club ?

My answer would be a resounding no to that. He would always be squad/back up at very best. IMO his long term future lies away from us. He may have 'impressed' SG, but the guy has only been given a 1 year contract. Not a resounding backing in all honesty.

Good for us and him. Personally, it make it illegal that you can't play against the loaning club. If the player is that dangerous, he shouldn't be on loan.

Bet this lad can’t believe his luck, seems to always get an extension without featuring for us, strange one.
It is very strange. Keep hanging him on - when we all know that he is likely to never be a first team regular and has spent more time out on loan than at the club.

Agree with this, he’ll never be a Morelos and that’s the standard we need to set.
Agreed mate. No disrespect to the lad but we are going to need better than Ryan Hardie if we want to genuinely progress and achieve our ambitions etc.

My question would still be - is Ryan Hardie ever going to be a regular at Rangers Football Club ?

My answer would be a resounding no to that. He would always be squad/back up at very best. IMO his long term future lies away from us. He may have 'impressed' SG, but the guy has only been given a 1 year contract. Not a resounding backing in all honesty.

He may or may not make it mate, but Gerrard has given him the opportunity to go out and score goals in our league and make an impression.

He's had a horrible run with injuries over the past couple of seasons, but the boy has become a man and I think he's got by far the best chance out of our loanees of making it at our club.

He may or may not make it mate, but Gerrard has given him the opportunity to go out and score goals in our league and make an impression.

He's had a horrible run with injuries over the past couple of seasons, but the boy has become a man and I think he's got by far the best chance out of our loanees of making it at our club.
I guess time will tell, but my gut has always told me that Ryan Hardie is never destined to make it as a first team regular at Rangers.

We'd all want him to, but i remain unconvinced.

It is very strange. Keep hanging him on - when we all know that he is likely to never be a first team regular and has spent more time out on loan than at the club.

Difference is that now he is playing in the premier league. He will play against Celtic and hearts and Hibs as their first choice. If he does well, he will prove to be useful for us. If not we can sell him rather than him leave for free.

Difference is that now he is playing in the premier league. He will play against Celtic and hearts and Hibs as their first choice. If he does well, he will prove to be useful for us. If not we can sell him rather than him leave for free.
Yep- as long as we can get some cash for him, I'd take that.

Back