Ryan Hedges

He’s nowhere near good enough for us. The only player in Scottish football I reckon could possibly step up is Nisbet at Hibs. I think he looks a really good prospect.
Apparently him and his family are all massive tims. Can see him end up there one day

Thought he looked bright for the sheep today not our quality yet however with our coaching team I think we could take him up a level could say similar about Ferguson and Nisbet at Hibs aswell if the price is right
We will definitely be keeping an eye on all 3 players you mentioned mate , along with scores of others .

Please tell me there is not going to be a megathread on Hedges !

Decent player but no need for a huge thread on him.

Do people the people who constantly decry the quality of opposition players ever stop and think that they are demeaning the accomplishments of the players who win anything domestically?

How can we take pride in winning anything when the all our competitors are shite, their managers are shite and their board/owners are shite?

I think he’s definitely worth keeping an eye on. I wouldn’t spend any money on him though...see when his contract is up.

I do believe he’s a better player than Jones, Barker & Stewart. He wouldn’t start but definitely an upgrade on the 3 above.

OP was just saying what I mentioned to my wee newphew.

Remind us how we signed Barisic??
I'll remind you. We had been scouting the Croatia international before we played his club team, he was great for his club team against us and that was the final nail for us to go sign him. Imagine comparing borna and hedges. Barasic had already proven himself at a much higher level, one of the better international teams

He looks better than most of his teammates. But he’s not a prospect, he’s 25 and still I don’t think stands out as anything other than decent.

Maybe he’s a very late developer, but I don’t see anything there to suggest he’s going to develop into a top player in the SPFL, let alone beyond.

One alright performance v us and you want to sign him.
He’s been a stand out for the sheep all season.
Easily their best player today.
We really need to stop this default position of “not good enough” and watch the player’s contribution.
No, he wouldn’t displace any of our current selection but that doesn’t mean there is no improvement in him and that he can’t be developed.
He’s definitely worth keeping an eye on.

To be fair, I didn’t realise he was as old as 25.

Let’s forget this type of thing remember we signed Hastie ?
Yes, we’ve never had successes with signing players from lesser clubs.
Apart from the ones we currently have and, also, how can the scum do it?
It’s not better coaches or better coaching so maybe it’s in the player himself.

As I’ve mentioned quite a few times he is a very good player at this level & probably won’t be at them past this season.

I was aware of him prior to Aberdeen & was always impressed, hopefully he can get back in the Wales squad which could make the league better going forward.

Wouldn’t sign him though. Guys like him, Stewart, Jones & now Murphy should be at the likes of Aberdeen & Hibs where they will flourish, making the league better.

Thought he looked bright for the sheep today not our quality yet however with our coaching team I think we could take him up a level could say similar about Ferguson and Nisbet at Hibs aswell if the price is right
I have seen a bit of him this season as I also watched some other games he was involved in, due to Covid I should add.
He has always looked impressive.
Whether he could make the step up to Rangers is a different proposition.
But I am sure that the scouting system under Stevie the Ger won't have missed the lad.
However, you are right, he is a decent player with attributes that catch your notice when he plays.

Looks like he offers more than Jones. If he's heading out, it can't to any harm to look at him. Could probably do a job for us.

He would be 5th choice after Goldson, Helander, Katic and Balogun. Not worth it! Ferguson is the sort of player we should be going for.
He isn't a centre half and why should we go for Ferguson ? he doesn't have the technical ability to play under Gerrard.

I suppose you want Campbell in with him and maybe McCrorie back as the holding midfielder?

What a dream midfield that would be !

We don’t need squad filler, we should be signing players who have a genuine chance of pushing for a starting place.

He looks a decent enough player, but not good enough to push for a starting place.

Still amazed at signing this guy.
He cant even get into the Motherwell team.
Amazed at signing a 19 year old winger with a goal record as good as anyone else's in the league on a free? It was a punt, it didn't pay off, it happens. No point trying to pass it off as a baffling signing.

Back