Ryan Hedges

He isn't a centre half and why should we go for Ferguson ? he doesn't have the technical ability to play under Gerrard.

I suppose you want Campbell in with him and maybe McCrorie back as the holding midfielder?

What a dream midfield that would be !
I don't think his technical ability is bad at all remember he's playing for Aberdeen where the Midfield is often played over when attacking if he was at us he'd have better players around him to bounce off of and improve he also has lots of energy and scope for development at his age if Arfield took him under his wing I think he'd develop into a great 3rd man runner type Midfielder he's also scored some great free kicks and long shots so he has technical ability

Thought we made him look better today, stray passes into danger areas allowed him plenty of space, balls over the top and being misjudged by our central defence allowed him to run on with his pace. Other than that, nothing brill

I don't think his technical ability is bad at all remember he's playing for Aberdeen where the Midfield is often played over when attacking if he was at us he'd have better players around him to bounce off of and improve he also has lots of energy and scope for development at his age if Arfield took him under his wing I think he'd develop into a great 3rd man runner type Midfielder he's also scored some great free kicks and long shots so he has technical ability
I'm sorry I have to disagree, he is robust and direct like Doherty but he doesn't have the passing ability or finese needed for me and especially for the money they would want.

Every single one of our midfielders is better then Ferguson.

I don’t see the fascination with players at other Scottish clubs who are clearly nowhere near the level we need just because they aren’t dogshit like their teammates in a game against us. Hedges had a couple of decent moments today but nothing making me think “we need to sign this guy”. And he’s 25. And we’d have to deal with Aberdeen.

And Ferguson wouldn’t even be mentioned but for who his dad and uncle are. He’s not good enough and we wouldn’t develop him as he wouldn’t get any game time.

Amazing how many of us are willing to write off every player who plays for another Scottish team. Robertson, McGinn, McArthur, Fraser, Dykes and even our own Jack and Kamara succeed and yet still people refuse to see how players from other teams in the league could improve with the better coaching we or other teams provide.

Across the city two of their best recent players (Christie and Armstrong) came from other teams in the league and won titles.

Last edited:
In my opinion, Jordan Jones and Jamie Murphy are much better players than Hedges and I don't think Ferguson is any where near good enough to even be a squad player for us now.

I haven't seen enough of Nisbet but he looks quick and can finish.

Saw him brilliantly referred to by Danger as “looking like a lesbian from a 1980’s workout video“ on the match thread

:D
Post match selfie before going for a fish supper

174edb653e6a9ab1c9b1f31f0404cb32.jpg

He looks a decent enough player but we can do better and probably have better in our own youth ranks. He did play well against us but he also played well against Celtic too, well in the game they won he did.

Good to see some decent players at other teams but I wouldn't even consider him.

The guy Hibs had up front, Kevin Nesbitt look a decent player. Probably the only one I can think of in Scottish football that I would like us to keep an eye on.

He's 25, so not really the fresh faced youth that many on here seem to think he is. Not any better than what we have already. Jones and Barker would both start for Aberdeen most weeks.

Have to marvel at Follow Follow at times. Ryan Hedges is someone we should consider looking at, meanwhile Glenn Middleton's Rangers career is over according to some. Makes me scratch my heid at times.

Amazing how many of us are willing to write off every player who plays for another Scottish team. Robertson, McGinn, McArthur, Fraser, Dykes and even our own Jack and Kamara succeed and yet still people refuse to see how players from other teams in the league could improve with the better coaching we or other teams provide.

Across the city two of their best recent players (Christie and Armstrong) came from other teams in the league and won titles.
Great post!
Made similar points earlier in thread (page four).
Not for a minute am I suggesting we buy this lad, I initially thought he was a kid, just keep an eye on his progress.
I get the impression that too many of our support think there is no such thing as a good player in Scotland or even a player with potential.

Get him, Dykes, Moult and Ferguson signed up and watch us take the CL by storm next season.
You’re being silly now.
I’m sure nobody is suggesting that signing all of these players, or even the best twenty in Scotland would win us the Scottish league, let alone taking the CL by storm.
All i am suggesting is that we stop dismissing every player in Scotland just because they play up here or, in the case of some posters, because it’s in vogue or theybthink they get extra staunch points.

You’re being silly now.
I’m sure nobody is suggesting that signing all of these players, or even the best twenty in Scotland would win us the Scottish league, let alone taking the CL by storm.
All i am suggesting is that we stop dismissing every player in Scotland just because they play up here or, in the case of some posters, because it’s in vogue or theybthink they get extra staunch points.
Well I think the humour in my post is fairly obvious, however, I think he’s being dismissed because he’s not good enough for us and we have better. I’m not in the habit of turning my nose up at players just because they play for other SPL clubs, I was one of the few who felt Aluko would do well for us while everyone else was giving it “awww great a bit part dolly player, that’s what we need”.

There are always SPL players with whom people seem to become fixated on, some of the others I mentioned and all of whom again, in my opinion, aren’t good enough for us. They probably were good enough a few years back, but we’re at a level beyond these types now. Moult is another that had people being accused of snobbery, but the fact he’s done nothing of note since maybe validates people’s claims that he actually just wasn’t that good.

Well I think the humour in my post is fairly obvious, however, I think he’s being dismissed because he’s not good enough for us and we have better. I’m not in the habit of turning my nose up at players just because they play for other SPL clubs, I was one of the few who felt Aluko would do well for us while everyone else was giving it “awww great a bit part dolly player, that’s what we need”.

There are always SPL players with whom people seem to become fixated on, some of the others I mentioned and all of whom again, in my opinion, aren’t good enough for us. They probably were good enough a few years back, but we’re at a level beyond these types now. Moult is another that had people being accused of snobbery, but the fact he’s done nothing of note since maybe validates people’s claims that he actually just wasn’t that good.
First line, I didn’t pick up on the humour.
The rest of your post I agree with.
)Just with the caveat of the second paragraph of my post.)

Hedges looks decent but some way off Rangers level.

Nisbet is a serious prospect and one the club will be well aware of given our interest in the past.

They guys 25, it’s not like he’s some young up and coming player. He’s not even on the same level of jones and barker who we should be aiming to get rid of. Plus we have better prospects in the youth team who deserve more of a chance, the likes of Middleton and Kennedy would at least deserve a look in if we can get rid of a couple this January over bringing in hedges. Hedges is basically a journeyman footballer and sometimes they find a club and settle like tav but more than likely they just continue being journeyman footballers for most of there career.

I don’t see the fascination with players at other Scottish clubs who are clearly nowhere near the level we need just because they aren’t dogshit like their teammates in a game against us. Hedges had a couple of decent moments today but nothing making me think “we need to sign this guy”. And he’s 25. And we’d have to deal with Aberdeen.

And Ferguson wouldn’t even be mentioned but for who his dad and uncle are. He’s not good enough and we wouldn’t develop him as he wouldn’t get any game time.

To me, the guys a decent player, and I’ve seen him in a few games now.

HOWEVER the point you & Cav make is relevant. We won’t deal with them because we know they won’t be reasonable.

Additionally at 25 what scope does he have to improve ? Probably he still does have scope to improve, and Tav, Goldson & Jack are examples of that in the last two years.

Still think it would only be worth considering him on an OOC basis a year or so from now if he continues to progress.

He was quick but also had the space to run into with us pushed so far up the park. There was once or twice in the first half that I thought we looked like we were a bit too exposed and would most likely of got punished against a better side.

he's actually had a good season according to my pals that are sheep. I think we can be guilty of overlooking scotland for players and he is one to keep an eye on.
He's 25 and the sheep would want a couple of million. Can't see it mate

Back