Ryan Jack a stand out tonight and Europe this season.

Played very well surprised to see him further up the pitch but did very well.

If Coulibally cant get his form and Ejaria needs his security blanket of Merseyside he may need to play there, Rossiter and / or McCrorie are more than capable of holding.

He had a very good match tonight and his substitution was in no way a criticism of his performance, SG wanted to bring on another attacking option and he was already on a booking.

I'm sorry folks but I am just not buying this hardon for jack tonight.

This is a guy who played more offensively yet failed to make a single offensive or incisive pass. The guy for me offensively is a warm body and that's about it when we have the ball.

Thought mccrorie played his usual position better than jack as well.

Defensively I'm a jack fan. But can't fathom how you would have him down as a standout player. Looks busy, offers little on the ball.

That was my take from the back of sektor 5.

I know it’s a game of opinions but his performance tonight shows the ridiculousness of those who say he’s shite and shouldn’t be anywhere near the team.

There’s merit in argument that he might not bring enough in an attacking sense for us against teams who pack the defense but he’s a quality player, who’s best attributes come to the fore when teams come and have a go at us.

Thought he was head and shoulders our best player tonight and has impressed in Europe this season.

Would be the lynchpin I’d build our midfield on in this form.[/QUOT

Best man on the park yet got taken off only to leave young McCrorie on to play his first 90 minutes of the season. Couldn’t fathom that out unless he was injured but I coudn’t get why Coulibaly started the game either.

Did you miss McCrorie failing to track the guy who scored?

Think you should change your name to Mr Darkside ....
McCrorie was excellent considering his lack of game time. He's a young guy, still learning but does a great job every time he's called on.
Hope the gaffer sticks with him for the December run of games. We'll need him in the midfield battles to come.

I’ve been critical of him. I don’t think he offers enough against your Dundee’s and Hamilton’s. Tonight though, he was unbelievably good, best player on the pitch.

Think you should change your name to Mr Darkside ....
McCrorie was excellent considering his lack of game time. He's a young guy, still learning but does a great job every time he's called on.
Hope the gaffer sticks with him for the December run of games. We'll need him in the midfield battles to come.

I agree. But the point his he was f@@@@d due to his lack of game time and should have been off instead of Ryan Jack with only Gerrard to blame for that.....not McCrorie.

That was as stupid a substitution as I have seen.

I didn’t really think Jack would be good enough for us,but I’m converted.Much better player than I initially gave him credit for and fair play to him.

We will be in for a long day on the 29th if Jack and McRorie start against the bheasts. We wouldn't get close to them in midfield

We can afford to have Jack in our midfield domestically, if the other midfielders are Arfield and Davis. Hopefully this becomes reality in January

Made a prediction before the game he would be our MOTM and he was. Reads the game so well.

He played well tonight, as did a few others which makes the outcome even harder to take.

But, Jack against an 11 man defence in Scotland offers us very little.
It’s a problem we’ve had before.
We almost need two different teams, certainly two different approaches.

He's the Scottish Brahim Hemdani.

Pointless for us, will do nothing in. Rangers Jersey in Scotland. But backs to the wall in Europe? Brilliant and looks it too.

He played well tonight, as did a few others which makes the outcome even harder to take.

To be honest, he's bèen our most creative midfielder in the last few games, which shouldn't be his role. Probably had more shots against Aberdeen and Dundee than all of our forward players combined

His away performances in Europe have been great and suit his style.
It reminds me of when Walter/Dick used to occasionally throw McInnes into the team to do a specific job in midfield, but not use him every week.
Would Jack get into Celtic's starting 11? No.
In a Rangers title-challenging team, Jack would we a squad player and used in certain tough away games, IMO.

No I didn't. Didn't miss McGregor's poor distribution either but that doesn't make him a bad player. This was McCrorie's first start in over 2 months and has had very little overall game time but he played well. He broke up a few moves and bailed McCauley out a few times also. McCrorie wasn't bad for us tonight and IS a better option in midfield. Lets face it, through the season the players playing there certainly haven't done any better and probably won't

Steven Smith made McCrorie man of the match on RTV. He had a great game.

Jack is not and has never been, an attacking midfielder. His job is to win the ball in the middle of the park and give it to our `creative` players and for me, he`s the best in the country at that, but therein lies the rub - what `creative` midfield players?

He was brilliant tonight but he’s has been largely poor domestically this season. He doesn’t offer us anything when teams pack their defenses against us in the league. I’d argue we don’t need a player like him in the team in games like this Sunday for example.

My only issue with Jack is that sometimes he will find himself in a position where he really should have a go an shoot and he instead looks for a pass to someone else.

Did you miss McCrorie failing to track the guy who scored?
Did you miss the clusterfuck of a kickout? The pass the boy made was superb, it was a shit way to lose a goal and I'm really hesitant to slate Mcgregor it was a hard goal to take but I don't feel much could have been done about it.

To be honest, he's bèen our most creative midfielder in the last few games, which shouldn't be his role. Probably had more shots against Aberdeen and Dundee than all of our forward players combined

Which kinda confirms how unsuited he is to these games.

He has been our most creative player when we pick up one point in six while playing against pure dross.

Jack is a good player and was very good last night.

However, we need him to show more positive play against the 10 men defences in Scotland.

It was worth the risk inmo. I thought MCrorie was poor at the goal, the boy does everything one paced you never see him sprinting and he didn't react quickly enough to the goal scorer.
Nothing like making up a start to suit your argument! You never see him sprinting? Really!

I thought he was excellent last night. He appeared to playing in a more advanced role, and produced a lot of the things he’s been criticised as lacking in recent weeks.

I don't know what making up a start means, I think the boy is far to casual.

you continually mention him not tracking the goal scorer but he bailed macauley out at least twice last night yet you dont mention it. He wasnt casual then and pretty much the whole game...

Some of his first time passes forward were excellent and not something we've seen from him recently.

Him and young Ross should be starting every week.

Absolutely pointless to play both in the SPFL, you'd get repeats of Sunday if you did.

My only issue with Jack is that sometimes he will find himself in a position where he really should have a go an shoot and he instead looks for a pass to someone else.

It's called playing to your strengths.

Why shoot when he's possibly not the best at shooting? Give it to those who do it better.

Read about it.

At the moment with only Arfield fit we might have to play two holding midfielders, Jack and McCrorie isn't as negative as some think. Said on another thread it will allow Tav and Borna more freedom to get forward and I love the way Jack plays and think he is underrated by our support, when alongside McCrorie he seems to be even more effective and positive.

Maybe just maybe the two holding midfielders isn't quite the defensive football some think it is.

Jack is getting better and better. He seems to be really developing under Gerrard. Trying to get forward more, quicker to move the ball. Reading the game better.

In Scotland we just two more dynamic players in front of him in the midfield, because having 3 guys trying to play defensive midfielder in Scotland is not working.

I don't know what making up a start means, I think the boy is far to casual.
It's meant to stay stat. The boy was caught short at one point last night but in the few games he has featured and last night he is anything but casual. If you think he is casual then you must think others in the team are static!

People who say Jack offers nothing against a pack defence underestimate the teams we are playing. If we played no holding midfielder in these games our defence would be far too exposed and even teams like Hamilton would be able to exploit this.

Didnt have a bad game last night. If he had shown half the bravery of pass against Aberdeen and Dundee we wouldnt have wasted 180 minutes going nowhere.

He showed the same bravery of pass at home to Maribor.

* He didnt play in Villarreal or at home to Rapid Vienna.

It was worth the risk inmo. I thought MCrorie was poor at the goal, the boy does everything one paced you never see him sprinting and he didn't react quickly enough to the goal scorer.

I agree in regards to reacting to the goal scorer, but your other description of him could mirror image Ryan Jack!

I agree in regards to reacting to the goal scorer, but your other description of him could mirror image Ryan Jack!

I thought Jack done well last night, but I don't think he McCrorie nor Coulibaly are good enough to play in a title winning side, you could maybe get away with one of the three but not all in the same team. We are a work in progress, I'm sure we will improve over the coming Windows.

Back