Ryan Jack and that tackle.

Still a Bear

What's your thoughts on the terrible tackle that Jack received 3-4 years ago playing against Motherwell. The way I remember it, he was blatantly taken out in front of the Ref, no foul and no booking. Ryan Jack was stretchered off and I believe since that game he has endured a terrible run of bad luck with injuries but, when he has been able to play this Rangers Player still managed to put in some sublime performances.

Might seem a daft question but when is Jack back ?

If memory serves me he’s now been out for the best part of a YEAR. With a calf injury ?

Something isn’t right

When we signed him, I asked a sensible Aberdeen fan about him. Good player, but injury prone, was his opinion.

If memory serves me he’s now been out for the best part of a YEAR. With a calf injury ?

Something isn’t right
You've been living on the moon if you think the actual calf is the problem he had.

He already had issues at Aberdeen. Played 26/38 league games in his last season there, 28/38 in the season before. Before that he was fine, 32/34 minimum.

It was a dreadful tackle and the fact there was no punishment was a disgrace, made all the more disgraceful IIRC by the fact that literally a few seconds earlier a similarly dreadful tackle had been punished only by a foul rather than a booking. Had the referee issued the yellow card for the first foul, I doubt the one that injured Jack happens.

What's your thoughts on the terrible tackle that Jack received 3-4 years ago playing against Motherwell. The way I remember it, he was blatantly taken out in front of the Ref, no foul and no booking. Ryan Jack was stretchered off and I believe since that game he has endured a terrible run of bad luck with injuries but, when he has been able to play this Rangers Player still managed to put in some sublime performances.
The ref looked at Ryan, seen he was in pain and crocked by an off the ball tackle, and raised his arms to play on. Unbelievable, and worse refereeing than getting a penalty call wrong, etc, as they surely have a duty to protect the welfare of the players.

He had a back operation to try and deal with the issue so that will take time to recover from.
Thanks didn’t know this. Here’s hoping he’s back if not tomorrow then for Sunday. Be even a boost to see him on the bench after nearly a year out , badly missed

Did Jack not say in an interview the Motherwell player deliberately tried to injure him. Horrendous tackle in front of the referee and no punishment and they wonder why Scottish football is still in the dark ages.
Cedric Kipre . RJ wasn’t the only awful foul he committed in his time at Motherwell but it was thr most impacting and tbh I’m sure it was intentional .

The ref looked at Ryan, seen he was in pain and crocked by an off the ball tackle, and raised his arms to play on. Unbelievable, and worse refereeing than getting a penalty call wrong, etc, as they surely have a duty to protect the welfare of the players.
Who was the ref that day?

That tackle was horrible but it has nothing to do with his ongoing calf issues.
That wasn't my point, it was simple enough, after that terrible tackle a lot of bad luck ensued. Surely we can all agree that a fully fit Ryan Jack would secure a regular place in our starting line up and let me also include the International team.

We were nowhere near vocal enough about it, neither on the pitch during the game or afterwards in the press.

A character feature that still haunts us until this day.
I might be getting this confused with another incident, but did Murty not make excuses for the Motherwell player?

Something isn’t right

I heard the other week from someone who knows a member of the coaching staff that Jack has a lack of acid or something in his calf and it's been a struggle to get to the bottom of it.

No idea if that's true btw. But the guy is an older and generally sensible guy and was adamant that one of the coaches told him this. He did name the coach but I won't.

We were nowhere near vocal enough about it, neither on the pitch during the game or afterwards in the press.

A character feature that still haunts us until this day.
Murty actually defended the thug that made the tackle instead of calling it out for the act of intent it was. I don’t see that character feature in any of SG comments.

Murty actually defended the thug that made the tackle instead of calling it out for the act of intent it was. I don’t see that character feature in any of SG comments.
It was a disgrace that Murty called it a 'coming together' and refused to back Ryan's claims that Kipre had intent in that brutal act of thuggery upon him.

No wonder our players are seen as fair game for media and hammer throwers alike

Jack’s manager at the time, Graeme Murty, absolved Kipre of any blame, insisting there had been “no intent” in the challenge - comments which angered Rangers fans who felt it had been a “shocking” challenge.

Speaking after the match, the former Gers manager said: “I think Ryan slides in to make a pass and the guy goes to block it, I didn’t think he actually stamped and pushed down.

“I didn’t feel he put any pressure through the challenge. It was a coming together that is a nasty one and it is sore but in regard of intent I am not sure there was any there.” :oops:

But Jack insists he hasn’t changed his mind, stating: “If I got asked at the time it would have been the same, I thought it was a shocking tackle.”

I heard the other week from someone who knows a member of the coaching staff that Jack has a lack of acid or something in his calf and it's been a struggle to get to the bottom of it.

No idea if that's true btw. But the guy is an older and generally sensible guy and was adamant that one of the coaches told him this. He did name the coach but I won't.
I had this problem and I now take a magnesium supplement before bed each night and it went away

It was a disgrace that Murty called it a 'coming together' and refused to back Ryan's claims that Kipre had intent in that brutal act of thuggery upon him.

No wonder our players are seen as fair game for media and hammer throwers alike

Jack’s manager at the time, Graeme Murty, absolved Kipre of any blame, insisting there had been “no intent” in the challenge - comments which angered Rangers fans who felt it had been a “shocking” challenge.

Speaking after the match, the former Gers manager said: “I think Ryan slides in to make a pass and the guy goes to block it, I didn’t think he actually stamped and pushed down.

“I didn’t feel he put any pressure through the challenge. It was a coming together that is a nasty one and it is sore but in regard of intent I am not sure there was any there.” :oops:

But Jack insists he hasn’t changed his mind, stating: “If I got asked at the time it would have been the same, I thought it was a shocking tackle.”
Thats pissed me off reading that.

Murty was so out his depth as a Rangers manager. We have come so far.

All the stills of Kipre standing on his knee seem to have vanished from Google. This is the only one I can find yet I remember there was close ups from other angles of him standing on his knee deliberately.
4G8PNmo.jpg

Last edited:
Back