Ryan Jack another top performance

jdm1873

Several on here don't seem to like him but for me he's put in another top performance today. Clearly working with the manager who has brought a lot more out of his game, key passes, assists and hopefully more goals.

Clearly rated highly by the manager and he's a first pick for that position.

Think he will prove a lot of people wrong this season.

Jack will be the mainstay with the rest - Davis, Aribo, Kamara and Arfield - rotated according to opposition, fitness and form to varying degrees.

Have to say I agree with this 100%. Jack seems to be far underrated on here but from the managers comments on him over the time that he has been here he is one of the ones he trusts and I see him as a mainstay of the team this season.

With our midfield options I have no clue who’s going to be starting. Very exciting

Jack looks and is playing like somebody who is being coached properly. Can see improvement in him
This.
There are aspects of his game that are palpably improving under Gerrard.
His passing today was hugely improved and on two or three occasions I saw him complete difficult passes he wouldn't have attempted in the past.
However, he still struggles technically when he is in tight situations or gets closed down quickly.

There are occasions when he simply opts for a simple pass when there are better options, which is probably him sensibly working within his skill set and there are times when quite simply he struggles as the ball starts to move around quickly.

But he is a grafter, he is unselfish and he is brave, when you add to this that he has shown Gerrard that he can improve his game, then he will, of course, continue to feature.

Jack will be the mainstay with the rest - Davis, Aribo, Kamara and Arfield - rotated according to opposition, fitness and form to varying degrees.

Arfield has to start every week, he's such a clever player. I think he'll continue in the more advanced role.

Our squad is looking very strong.

When is the last time we had 5 midfielders of the quality we just now. Kamara, Jack, Aribo, Arfield and Davis on their day are outstanding players.

Not being funny, but I feel like I see loads more posts by people telling me there’s people on here that don’t like Jack, than I see actual posts criticising him!

Good performance form him today, the assist for the second goal was a thing of absolute beauty.

Read any match day thread and you will see the comments.

This.
His passing today was hugely improved and on two or three occasions I saw him complete difficult passes he wouldn't have attempted in the past.
However, he still struggles technically when he is in tight situations or gets closed down quickly.

There are occasions when he simply opts for a simple pass when there are better options, which is probably him sensibly working within his skill set and there are times when quite simply he struggles as the ball starts to move around quickly.

But he is a grafter, he is unselfish and he is brave, when you add to this that he has shown Gerrard that he can improve his game, then he will, of course, continue to feature.

And he now has 5 goals for us after last week.

After Arfield, who is afforded more attacking freedom, our top midfield goal scorer.

Agree with most on this thread. Thought he was playing within himself last season at times. It looks like thats now been that sorted out by Gerrard and co

I honestly didn't think he had the ability to make that pass it was unbelievable
Our strongest midfield is imo jack, Davis and Aribo bit harsh on Kamara but he will still get plenty of playing time

And he now has 5 goals for us after last week.

After Arfield, who is afforded more attacking freedom, our top midfield goal scorer.
Yes, I was always disappointed with his goalscoring but the goal in Gibraltar was the sort of goal I never thought he had in him.
It was the type of goal from a midfield player that defences cannot defend against.
I want to see more of this from Ryan.

Further, in the past, I have seen lip service paid to the coaching at Ibrox improving individual players, but in truth, it was never that evident.
However, I am now beginning to see experienced players actually transform parts of their game in really easily measurable areas, and of course, Ryan Jack's passing and goalscoring is a fine example.
Gerrard is, in my opinion ...the real deal.

I actually think it is a mentality thing with Jack. He seems to be a player who at first was unsure if he belonged at our level. He was happy to get by and almost pass the buck (not really the term I am looking for, but best I can think of). Now it looks like the confidence the manager has shown in him has given him the level of self belief that you need to have to impact at this level.

Jack always showed ability at sensing danger and cutting things out and recycling the ball. A skill in itself, clearly. However now he appears to want to not only do that, but get involved in play in final 3rd and make things happen, be that play a defence splitting pass or get a shot away, something he demonstrated yet again today.

There was one passage of play where he played Tav in in first half which was a beautiful piece of link up inside the box and the ball just got away from Tav before he could get a shot away. That was a great example of the kinda thing Jack wasn't really doing for large spells of his Rangers career.

Long may his good form and improvement continue.

Yes, I was always disappointed with his goalscoring but the goal in Gibraltar was the sort of goal I never thought he had in him.
It was the type of goal from a midfield player that defences cannot defend against.
I want to see more of this from Ryan.

Further, in the past, I have seen lip service paid to the coaching at Ibrox improving individual players, but in truth, it was never that evident.
However, I am now beginning to see experienced players actually transform parts of their game in really easily measurable areas, and of course, Ryan Jack's passing and goalscoring is a fine example.
Gerrard is, in my opinion ...the real deal.

Absolutely agree Bilkobear. He is now doing for us what Rodgers did for them. Taking players & clearly improving their games. Other examples - Tav & Halliday.

His timing was too notch today.

I was just composing a message to the effect he was the only player not really firing when he played that pass.

Last year he’d have waited until after I posted it and I’d have looked like an white:)

Several on here don't seem to like him but for me he's put in another top performance today. Clearly working with the manager who has brought a lot more out of his game, key passes, assists and hopefully more goals.

Think he's generally always been liked by the support in general.. as weve improved we're maybe asking for a bit more from him. Seems to be going in the right direction there as well. another one who i think, if he did end up in and out the team, i wouldnt be worried about his attitude, reliable player

I was a jack critic but he looks very good in the midfield with more quality in there with him
and he’s starting to get forward more often now.

As someone who is often annoyed at Jack, I will say that pass was incredible, which is even more annoying as he has that and doesn't use it. If he even attempted passes like that more often I would back him up to the hilt

This.

I don’t quite get why you critique his passing. It’s exceptional at times. Today for example. As is his composure in tight spaces as you mentioned. Frequently last season he worked himself out of positions with players tight to him by dropping a shoulder or feinting to lose his man in the centre of the park, even being in a cloud of players at times and managing to retain possession.

His link up play whilst further up the park has also showed what he can do in a more advanced role. Link up play with fast one touch football was some of the best we seen last year between himself Kent and airfield at times.

Each to their own I guess.

This.

Disagree with the tight situations. It’s one of his main strengths.

Agree with the he’s taking more risks with his passing. Clearly has those type of passes in him. Gerrard has changed his game. He’s carrying the ball forward now getting in about the box and shooting.

Out of the midfield 3 that played the first half I thought aribo followed by Davis were the better midfielders. But going by the nature of the game we were never in any trouble which is usually the time jack shines.

I’ve been one of his biggest supporters since even before his signing was official. I’ve defended him many a time since. However....
The difference in the games we’ve played so far from the league games we will play all season is obviously in the tight spaces and situations talked about above. In these friendlies no one will target their ankles. I just hope our technically gifted players get the protection they will need this year because if they do we are going to take a lot of goals off teams. #Lets fciking go

This.

His passing hasn't massively improved-he's always been one of the best passers in the league-he had that stat when we couldn't get a player in the top passers in the league.

He actually doesn't struggle under tight situations either....you like many others don't recognise the effectiveness he has and absolutely ignore the failings in others in midfield.

Before the season started Jack was the best midfielder at the club and that was after something of a dip in form which looked to be part carrying an injury and part burn out.

Back