Ryan Jack - God loves a trier...

the_glorious_12th

...But it's time to accept he's nothing more than a half-decent SPL plodder.

The folk thinking we should fill our squad with more of them have to re-evaluate.

McLean, Moult, Walker etc.

We won't close the gap with this calibre of player. None of them would get on the mentally challengeds bench.

Pedro may have misspent, but we'd be no further on with a team packed with the same type of player we were willing to punt to League One for buttons in the summer.

He’s been living off a couple of good performances from way back at the start of the season for quite a while now.

I think he has been pretty heavily overrated on here at times this season.

However, he was far from the worst offender tonight. Played a fantastic through ball in for Candeias who should have scored. Which is more than any of our attacking players did in the final 3rd.

I thought he was ok tonight, not helped at all by the fact that Jason Holt had one of his worst ever performances in a Rangers jersey. Lost count of the number of times he lost the ball in dangerous areas in the middle of the park.

I think he is only getting away with being this poor because, sadly, the rest are worse. That says a lot.

Disappears out of games for long periods of time. Has the ability to but doesn't seem to have the confidence to control the midfield like he should or the way broon does for them, or the way he did for Aberdeen according to sheep fan in work who rates him really highly even though he joined us.

It wasn't working with him and Dorrans in the same midfield in my opinion to be honest.

He's neat and tidy, but doesn't really dominate physically, which is what you want from a holding midfielder who isn't interested in scoring.

If Rossiter was fit then I'd recommend giving him a go alongside Dorrans, but the chances of both of them being fit at the same time seems slim.

Just in from the game, maybe I didn’t see it correctly but for me he was the only player trying to rally the team, anybody at the game would have noticed him constantly trying to put Mcrorie, Tav and John back into position. He is what he is and obviously benifits with a Dorrans type beside him but there’s a lot, lot worse players in our team and Jack would be one of the only ones I’d keep.

He was probably one of maybe 2 who were okay tonight.

In a better team he would fulfil his role well.

He does what he does, it’s nothing fancy but I don’t think he’s anywhere near top of the list when it comes to players who should be dug up about their performances.

Doesn’t sit like he should which causes defensive problems. Would be far more effective if he was more disciplined.

He'll do a job for where we are now but like most of this team, will have to be replaced if we are serious about winning titles.

Doesn’t sit like he should which causes defensive problems. Would be far more effective if he was more disciplined.

As I saw it, whoever decided to have Windass in the 10 and Miller as a winger needs their arse handed to them. All night both John and Tav looked lost, John is used to Windass, Tav is used to Candaeis. Some very strange things happened to make our defence look amateur at times. But let’s blame Jack.

He's still young. Coming int new side witch is struggling he will be a good player for us. Let's face it the teams not doing it .

Give him a secure back line and he'll show his worth, can't expect him to do shit when there's holes to run into all over the shop. Holding midfielders never get the credit they deserve unless the team is good defensively and even then they'll get overlooked by actual defenders.

He's not a play maker or someone who will take a man on. He keeps it simple and does it well.

...But it's time to accept he's nothing more than a half-decent SPL plodder.

The folk thinking we should fill our squad with more of them have to re-evaluate.

McLean, Moult, Walker etc.

We won't close the gap with this calibre of player. None of them would get on the mentally challengeds bench.

Pedro may have misspent, but we'd be no further on with a team packed with the same type of player we were willing to punt to League One for buttons in the summer.
You are correct. But, The traditionalist supporters have never seen football outside of Scotland. That is why the players you mention are their recommendations to make us better. However, the progressive supporters like yourself realise that and want to bring in players who have skill and technique. The traditionals among us want"Rangers Men" whatever that means. But they do want hard men without skill and technique "so we can compete" with the other hammer throwers.

Defensive midfielder is always a favourite target for knobs who haven’t a clue about football.

“He does nothing but stands about and hides” etc.

Ignorant rubbish usually.

Likewise there is no great secret to the role a DM plays. Y ou protect the back four.

Jack does it poorly.

So, talk us through the great job the defence and midfield give and where exactly Jack falls down. I’ve seen every match this season, I’m keen to learn.

You're asking the wrong man if you're seeking pass-marks for any of this current side.

And i've seen every match too.

You're asking the wrong man if you're seeking pass-marks for any of this current side.

And i've seen every match too.
You’ve singled him out. So give a compare and contrast with his role versus what he has to work with. We were a tactical shambles tonight. If he’s not there, are you saying we get a better outcome, just talk me through that. I’m interested to know, maybe I’ve got it wrong.

You’ve singled him out. So give a compare and contrast with his role versus what he has to work with. We were a tactical shambles tonight. If he’s not there, are you saying we get a better outcome, just talk me through that. I’m interested to know, maybe I’ve got it wrong.

He lacks discipline both tactically and in terms of his temperament. His reading of the game leaves a lot to be desired too.

Positionally never where he needs to be. Physically did not impose himself at all on anyone around him. O'Hara, Deacon and McGowan. None of them knew he was there.

When he looks that weak against that level of dross I struggle to factor him into any Rangers side worthy of the name.

Talking down the players around him and suggesting that as an excuse for how poor he was is a cop out. You can make that argument for anyone in the current side. Herrera and Pena might look brilliant with a good side around them.

Talk me through how successful he was tonight. What were the things you think he did so well?

Jack broke up a lot of Dundee moves up while Holt, Windass,etc stood watching him.
Too many who should never wear our jersey again but unfortunately will.
Jack isn't one of them.

Back